Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Which team will end the series tonight?

Go down 
+3
Straight Edge Bluntness
Nick C
Chris
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

Which team will end the series tonight? Empty
PostSubject: Which team will end the series tonight?   Which team will end the series tonight? EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 6:38 pm

The Boston Celtics?
Clevelant Cavaliers?
or
San Antonio Spurs?

And why?
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Which team will end the series tonight?   Which team will end the series tonight? EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 6:59 pm

Damn... good question.

Boston is gonna close it out. Wade will be too tired to pull another 40+ game... and even if he does the Final score will be 110 to 40. Okay 110 to 50.

Cleveland will close it out at home unless Kirk gets a flashback of game three (which is asking for a lot), but in Cleveland? I think it'll be over tonight.

I want SA to win so bad and I think ultimately they will. But Dallas will win tonight. If not... oh Dallas fans, get ready for more Dirk sucks/chokes/is soft blah blah blah... It's not true, but they gave him top notch talent and if they don't pull this series out it'll be another ugly mark in his playoff history.

Last edited by Nick C on Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Which team will end the series tonight?   Which team will end the series tonight? EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 7:38 pm

Celtics and Cavaliers will most likely close out their respective series tonight.
The Spurs...*crosses fingers*...I have a feeling that the Mavs may win tonight. pale Though, I hope the Spurs can pull a victory tonight...I don't care if they win by one point...I want this series done (with the Spurs coming out on top hopefully)!!!!!
Back to top Go down
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Which team will end the series tonight?   Which team will end the series tonight? EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 7:43 pm

Nick C wrote:
Damn... good question.

Boston is gonna close it out. Wade will be too tired to pull another 40+ game... and even if he does the Final score will be 110 to 40. Okay 110 to 50.

Cleveland will close it out at home unless Kirk gets a flashback of game three (which is asking for a lot, but in Cleveland? I think it'll be over tonight.

I want SA to win so bad and I think ultimately they will. But Dallas will win tonight. If not... oh Dallas fans, get ready for more Dirk sucks/chokes/is soft blah blah blah... It's not true, but they gave him top notch talent and if they don't pull this series out it'll be another ugly mark in his playoff history.

He does have top notch talent, but people have got to understand so does SA. They are not a 7th seed by any means. They have championship credentials and the addition of RJ gives them someone who can create his own shot and is a pro in moving w/o the ball and getting easy buckets {gives SA an option if they ever get in a slump} he never won a ring like the 10 combined Finals held by the Big 3, but RJ has been to the Finals twice himself and McDyess has been in this rodeo a long time and is a nice addition. He gave them 9 rpg this season and can still knock down the mid range j with consistency and he himself has been to the WCF before. It's an experienced team and no ordinary 7th seed.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Which team will end the series tonight?   Which team will end the series tonight? EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 7:47 pm

RJ sucks balls...please don't praise him
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Which team will end the series tonight?   Which team will end the series tonight? EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 7:48 pm

You are crazy he's way better than your Iggy even in this off season. He's actually had a good series if you watched.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Which team will end the series tonight?   Which team will end the series tonight? EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 7:49 pm

Jefferson doesn't suck; he just had an off first half and started playing better ball in the second half.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Which team will end the series tonight?   Which team will end the series tonight? EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 7:53 pm

TonyEM: wrote:
He does have top notch talent, but people have got to understand so does SA. They are not a 7th seed by any means. They have championship credentials and the addition of RJ gives them someone who can create his own shot and is a pro in moving w/o the ball and getting easy buckets {gives SA an option if they ever get in a slump} he never won a ring like the 10 combined Finals held by the Big 3, but RJ has been to the Finals twice himself and McDyess has been in this rodeo a long time and is a nice addition. He gave them 9 rpg this season and can still knock down the mid range j with consistency and he himself has been to the WCF before. It's an experienced team and no ordinary 7th seed.

I'm pretty sure people know that Tony. But this is the best talent Dirk has had on his team since Nash was running the point (which Mark Cuban prematurely ended) and Mike Finley in his prime. Plus, Dallas regardless of seeding is suppose to win this as much as the Lakers are suppose to knock out OKC. Sometimes match ups are what it's all about. Dallas has no one who can stop Parker and Manu. RJ isn't really doing anything more than what he's done in the regular season. Have a good game, have a bad game, have a shitty forgettable game... Dallas like LA got the match up it didn't want.

Jefferson from game one to four: 4pts. 19pts. 6pts. 15pts. 1 of 4 on 3's

Last edited by Nick C on Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Which team will end the series tonight?   Which team will end the series tonight? EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 7:55 pm

Ok first of lol.....I hate Iggy...(except his dunks)
He has probably the worst shot selection of anyone in this league..
And he tends to deflect blame...which is d-baggery

And RJ is quite overrated in my opinion...
His efficiency (which wasn't all that great to begin with) was because of Kidd IMO.

And somehow he got the label that he's a fierce defender..
WTF?
He's athletic...sure..
And he was part of that beast defensive Nets team....
But no way in hell is he a good defensive player..

And his offensive game is as inconsistent as it gets...
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Which team will end the series tonight?   Which team will end the series tonight? EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:04 pm

Uh, Jefferson is a capable defender and of course his scoring numbers will go down because of how the Spurs run their rotation. K-Mart, to me, is overrated. Jefferson is rated fine; I am aware that he isn't an all-star; but he is quite an effective role player. Yes, he can be inconsistent at times, but he is still a good player (I was skeptical about him during the first half but my perception of him is changing now).
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Which team will end the series tonight?   Which team will end the series tonight? EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:06 pm

Let's bring Shawn Marion into the mix he had a good game yesterday, but whenever SA tries to make the game a half-court game The Matrix is rendered useless you heard nothing of him after a nice start. He can be taken out of the game.

JT plays in spurts
Jason Kidd forces up shots and does not attack all that often
Caron Butler is playing in spurts just like RJ
Haywood should start but he's no TD or McDyess for that matter

I agree this is the most talent Dirk has had since Nash, a prime Finley. and 6th Man of Year Antwan Jamison, but he has not had a reliable second fiddle since Nash IMO. He never had a 2nd option that can be on his game consistently.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Which team will end the series tonight?   Which team will end the series tonight? EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:09 pm

SRF: Spurs Fever! wrote:
Uh, Jefferson is a capable defender and of course his scoring numbers will go down because of how the Spurs run their rotation. K-Mart, to me, is overrated. Jefferson is rated fine; I am aware that he isn't an all-star; but he is quite an effective role player. Yes, he can be inconsistent at times, but he is still a good player (I was skeptical about him during the first half but my perception of him is changing now).

I disagree.
Jefferson is a capable defender as long as he has a very good defensive big man behind him...

And yes he's an effective role player...
But when the Spurs traded for him...people thought he was the missing piece...
Thats what I'm basing this off of...
And btw people are still expecting him to step up and be more than a role player...especially when you look at his long and expensive contract...
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Which team will end the series tonight?   Which team will end the series tonight? EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:12 pm

Boston cause the Heat just arent good enough

Cavs cause the bulls have no shot at beating them @ Cleveland

I'll go with Dallas...they are going to have that sense of urgency today
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Which team will end the series tonight?   Which team will end the series tonight? EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:23 pm

YS wrote:
SRF: Spurs Fever! wrote:

I disagree.
Jefferson is a capable defender as long as he has a very good defensive big man behind him...

And yes he's an effective role player...
But when the Spurs traded for him...people thought he was the missing piece...
Thats what I'm basing this off of...
And btw people are still expecting him to step up and be more than a role player...especially when you look at his long and expensive contract...

and yes, based on those pre-season expectations...I see where you are coming from.
Nonetheless, he is doing a nice job with the Spurs now based on Pop's expectations.
Apparently, he is content with how he is playing for the Spurs (read from multiple sources); yes, he recognized that Jefferson was initially not fitting in with the team but he still had faith in his abilities to contribute (which he is doing now). It's almost inevitable that he will get less touches with how Parker, Manu, Duncan and even Hill have been stepping up in this series.

As well, I am not implying that Jefferson is a world class defender but he can play defense which is what I am trying to say. My point is, Jefferson doesn't suck!!!! lol
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Which team will end the series tonight?   Which team will end the series tonight? EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:26 pm

Dirk had Antoine "Chuckup" Walker also what's your point? That just means that Dirk and Wade join Pierce to have the misfortunes to play alongside Walker.

Wade had what 6x Champ Pat Riley...Dirk & Nash played under freaking Don Nelson

- HOF Payton & as much as I dislike him should be HOF Zo' both dying for rings
- James Posey back then was a great defender & 6th Man
- Shaq averaged 20/10 that season, was bad in the playoffs but he was still better than Dampier in the Finals
- Udonis Haslem his has more hustle in his pinky than anyone on the Mavs

Dirk had freaking Keith Van Horn
Marquis Daniels could not stop Wade
Erika could not stop Shaq
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Which team will end the series tonight?   Which team will end the series tonight? EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 9:29 pm

Celtics almost finished.
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Which team will end the series tonight?   Which team will end the series tonight? EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 9:33 pm

Cavs are Next.. Which team will end the series tonight? 497816
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Which team will end the series tonight?   Which team will end the series tonight? EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 8:08 am

They finished the series too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which team will end the series tonight?   Which team will end the series tonight? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which team will end the series tonight?
Page 1 of 1