Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron?

Go down 
+12
Saeed
wallshingtonwizard
Darko
FC
No Longer DEAD
Raza
Chosen One
YS
King Of NJ
Chris
Rush
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rush
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Rush

Male Posts : 3758

Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron? Empty
PostSubject: Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron?   Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron? EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 8:11 pm

Ok RBT fam.. Now, I would like to know. I've never seen MJ play greatly in his prime. Why is Michael Jordan better than Kobe and LeBron? leBron is doing more better statistically.. and Kobe won more titles?

WHY IS MJ BETTER?
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron?   Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron? EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 8:14 pm

Jordan won 6, Kobe 4.
Lebron sucks.

There you got it. Razz

Last edited by Chris on Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rush
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Rush

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron?   Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron? EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 8:17 pm

But why do people think LeBron and Kobe is better? How was MJ better in total? Was it because he played well? Or his numerous championships?
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron?   Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron? EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 8:21 pm

Well, ive never seen Jordan play 2, so im not the right person to answer this.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron?   Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron? EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 8:43 pm

You would've had to watched to know

He played in one of the toughest eras in NBA history(late 80s,early 90s) and even the latter half of the 90s was tough

No defensive 3 seconds and you were allowed to hand check and play physical so he had more resistance having to get to the basket and score points

also build his team from the ground up. Bulls were terrible when they drafted him and had nobody worthy of memory. They drafted Pippen and Jordan helped build him.

I'm not going too much into this but he's the greatest to ever play hands down imo.

Jordan was best because of his influence on the game. Lebron and Kobe take after Jordan and I think he shaped the game now more than anybody
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron?   Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron? EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 8:53 pm

He had better stats and more rings.

So I don't know what you're talking about
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron?   Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron? EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 8:57 pm

im with YS but just to clarify im guessing cause

He was almost as athletic as Lebron, better finisher with layups though
Just as good a mid range shooter as Kobe
Better defender than both
More Clutch than both
Better post up moves than both
Singlehandedly dominated a league like no other

And Jordan leads the league in career playoff PPG...so yea he dominates stats
And he also has 6 finals MVPs.....so yea
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron?   Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron? EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 9:33 pm

We compare Lebron to Kobe, and Kobe to Jordan. We do NOT compare Jordan to Kobe or Kobe to Lebron. Therefore Jordan>Kobe>Lebron

..but Ty Lawson > All
Back to top Go down
Rush
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Rush

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron?   Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron? EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 9:35 pm

So why do so much people say they are better... I need some real hard evidence that he was better and why?
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron?   Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron? EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 9:46 pm

Your case on Kobe is that Kobe has more rings? Well he definitely does NOT. Kobe has 4 rings, and 1 Finals MVP. I think he's been in 5 NBA Finals before. That's an 80% winning percentage with a 25% Finals MVP percentage. Jordan has 6 rings, with 6 Finals MVPs, in 6 trips to the Finals. That's a 100% winning percentage and a 100% Finals MVP percentage

And if you think that Lebron is better than Jordan, may God help you...
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron?   Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron? EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 9:53 pm

MJ is better than Kobe. Everyone knows that. As for LeBron...here are some stats for you.

In the regular season...MJ was loads better than LeBron scoring wise. Michael: 30.1 PPG for his career...LeBron's hit 30 once in his career. On rebounds, LeBron's a bit better but that's because of size. Michael didn't have LeBron's size, but he had just as much if not more athleticism. There are no stats to support that obviously, but if you don't know that MJ was a better hopper than LeBron I don't know how many years you've been living in a closet.

Now. The Playoffs. It's not even close really. In 15 years, MJ played 179 playoff games, and averaged 33.1 PPG for his career. In 8 years, LeBron's played 60 playoff games and averaged 26 PPG. If we assumed LeBron played for 15 years, that means he would play in about 110 playoff games, compared to MJ's 179. MJ is a much better leader than LeBron. Yes, LeBron took a team of scrubs to the Finals...but what happened next? He got swept. MJ never lost a Finals, and aside from Pippen later on in his career, MJ had a team of scrubs 4/5 of his life. LeBron has a better assist and rebound total in the playoffs, but that's sure to go down as his teams get better later and later on in his career.

Lastly, there's defense. Yes, LeBron has become famous for his chase-from-behind blocks, but aside from that he's just an above average defender. 1.2 blocks, around 2 steals. MJ averaged a block and 2.3 steals for his career. 2.3 steals today would be the first in the league. Achievement-wise, here's the comparison: MJ - 9 1st team-All Defense, 1 DPOY. LeBron - 1 1st team-All Defense, no DPOY's. 'Nuff said.

With that, I think statistically LeBron might be a better player. Michael has been the better scorer, the better playmaker, the better leader, but LeBron has something MJ didn't: size. LeBron's body is something we've never seen before. MJ had athleticism we had never seen before, but it doesn't even compare with LeBron's freak size. Talent wise Michael had a MUCH better jumpshot, three, and don't even get me started on clutch shots, but LeBron is better at taking it to the rim and arguably passing. I think if LeBron can develop a decent jumpshot and learn to become more agressive on D (he's pretty passive sometimes...but I don't blame him, his team's defense makes up for it more than enough), he has the POTENTIAL to be the 2nd best player of all time. People compare him to MJ, when really he's like a more athletic Magic Johnson with not as much leadership skills. So there you have it. LeBron = the next MJ. No, not Michael Jordan. Magic Johnson.

Last edited by Eff Ben on Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
FC
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
FC

Male Posts : 822

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron?   Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron? EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 9:55 pm

Raza wrote:
We compare Lebron to Kobe, and Kobe to Jordan. We do NOT compare Jordan to Kobe or Kobe to Lebron. Therefore Jordan>Kobe>Lebron

..but Ty Lawson > All

Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron? 372102

uh huh
Back to top Go down
FC
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
FC

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron?   Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron? EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 9:55 pm

Also they still hand check, they dont call it that often.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Eff Ben wrote:
MJ is better than Kobe. Everyone knows that. As for LeBron...here are some stats for you.

In the regular season...MJ was loads better than LeBron scoring wise. Michael: 30.1 PPG for his career...LeBron's hit 30 once in his career. On rebounds, LeBron's a bit better but that's because of size. Michael didn't have LeBron's size, but he had just as much if not more athleticism. There are no stats to support that obviously, but if you don't know that MJ was a better hopper than LeBron I don't know how many years you've been living in a closet.

Now. The Playoffs. It's not even close really. In 15 years, MJ played 179 playoff games, and averaged 33.1 PPG for his career. In 8 years, LeBron's played 60 playoff games and averaged 26 PPG. If we assumed LeBron played for 15 years, that means he would play in about 110 playoff games, compared to MJ's 179. MJ is a much better leader than LeBron. Yes, LeBron took a team of scrubs to the Finals...but what happened next? He got swept. MJ never lost a Finals, and aside from Pippen later on in his career, MJ had a team of scrubs 4/5 of his life. LeBron has a better assist and rebound total in the playoffs, but that's sure to go down as his teams get better later and later on in his career.

Lastly, there's defense. Yes, LeBron has become famous for his chase-from-behind blocks, but aside from that he's just an above average defender. 1.2 blocks, around 2 steals. MJ averaged a block and 2.3 steals for his career. 2.3 steals today would be the first in the league. Achievement-wise, here's the comparison: MJ - 9 1st team-All Defense, 1 DPOY. LeBron - 1 1st team-All Defense, no DPOY's. 'Nuff said.

With that, I think statistically LeBron might be a better player. Michael has been the better scorer, the better playmaker, the better leader, but LeBron has something MJ didn't: size. LeBron's body is something we've never seen before. MJ had athleticism we had never seen before, but it doesn't even compare with LeBron's freak size. Talent wise Michael had a MUCH better jumpshot, three, and don't even get me started on clutch shots, but LeBron is better at taking it to the rim and arguably passing. I think if LeBron can develop a decent jumpshot and learn to become more agressive on D (he's pretty passive sometimes...but I don't blame him, his team's defense makes up for it more than enough), he has the POTENTIAL to be the 2nd best player of all time. People compare him to MJ, when really he's like a more athletic Magic Johnson. In conclusion, LeBron is the next MJ. Not Michael Jordan. Magic Johnson.

cheers
Back to top Go down
FC
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
FC

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron?   Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron? EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 10:07 pm

michael always having scrubs besides pippen makes me Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron? 67163

Uh pippen, kukoc, and rodman without mj won 55 games. So not all scrubs :upset:

Also had harper, kerr, kartwright, grant, armstrong

He also had one of the best coaches ever.

He still > kobe and lebron tho
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron?   Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron? EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 10:14 pm

Rodman was a douche. He could get rebounds. Modern day Ben Wallace with more of an attitude. Kukoc was a good player, but he definitely was NOT a starter. During MJ's career with Chicago...the dude was starting half the time. Horace Grant barely played with them, and he wasn't much besides a defensive player and a good role model for the rooks. And Harper, Kartwright, Armstrong, Kerr...if those are the guys who are claimed "good teammates" for your career...I feel bad for you. And eh. I hate when people call Phil Jackson one of the "best coaches ever". Yeah the dude's good but personally I think Popovich, Riley, Sloan, Auerbach...all those guys were better than him. Those coaches LED their teams to the playoffs/championships. Phil just rode MJ's bandwagon as a result got the most overrated thing in sports: a championship ring. Hell, not one. 6 of em. Those were MJ's rings, he deserved them. He led that team. Not Phil Jackson. In LA, Phil has been spectacular, but once again the threepeat he had was a result of the Kobe-Shaq tandem. So really, the ones who should be getting praise are the GM's on Phil's teams, not him, because THEY were the ones who went out there and got the guys who led them to championships. The only ring Phil should get credit for is his last one. He actually DID coach that team to the Finals. I don't care if you have any other arguements. 9 of his 10 rings were a result of bandwagoning. Not phenomenal coaching.
Back to top Go down
FC
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
FC

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron?   Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron? EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 10:24 pm

So what if rodman was a douche, so was rick barry Razz he still is one of the best players of all time top 50 at least, kobe and mj also weren't "locker room favorites."

Kerr has the highest 3pt % alltime, and harper/armstrong were 15+ ppg scorers before they came to chicago and were asked to do less
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron?   Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron? EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 10:34 pm

Yeah Rick Barry was a douche, but the dude could play. He wasn't one-dimensional like Rodman was...and by your standards...is Ben Wallace a top 50 player? Cause they've had pretty damn similar careers...

And Kobe and MJ weren't "locker room favorites"? Umm...I don't think there's ONE guy who would say Kobe or MJ was a bad locker room guy...they're some of the best leaders we've ever seen, so what makes you think they wouldn't be in the locker room?

Oh, Kerr can shoot threes. Here's the Nobel Peace Prize. Seriously...he's ultra one-dimensional...haven't we seen that before? Harper and Armstrong were 15 PPG scorers...ok, I'm sure MJ was proud of them. Let me emphasize MJ's "teams".

Rodman: Good for 15 boards a night and a "WHAT THE FUCK IS HE DOING WITH HIS HAIR"?

Kerr: The dude could shoot threes. Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron? 126814

Harper/Armstrong: 15 PPG scorers. The opposing team designed gameplans for just them so they had a better chance of winning, cause those guys were real threats.
Back to top Go down
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 1275

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron?   Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron? EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 2:41 am

I haven't watched Jordan much either, but as far as I know, what LeBron needs to be better than Jordan is playing like this for more years. And if he improves on his jumper, he will be close in scoring. LeBron plays a different game than both of them.

Between Kobe and Jordan, I think they are identical players but Kobe's game is a little farther from the rim. Jordan is more efficient and Kobe is more skilled in my eyes.

And at their respective ages, I think LeBron is the best.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron?   Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron? EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 4:19 am

I haven't seen Jordan but many people say that he was the best.MJ was almost as good as driver to the rim like LeBron,he was excellent mid range shooter,is the second best play maker among these 3,he's the best scorer,defender,leader and has the best post game once again between them these 3.

Jordan led his team to 6 NBA Champions,earned 6 Finals MVP,won the scoring title 10 times in wingspan of 11 years,he's the regular season and playoffs leader in PPG,he has the stats,based on skills,accomplishments,award and legacy,he could be ranked as the G.O.A.T on those things

As for LeBron and Kobe that's a big debate.I think LeBron James will be one of the greatest players ever in some categories,he will be remembered as a champion,leader,dominating player,awsome skills and athleticism.He will win 5 rings in his career,starting from this post season

As for Kobe,he will go down to me as one of the greatest players ever in his spot,mid range shooting,clutchness....there will still be someone who will have him as a G.O.A.T(i disagree though) etc...
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron?   Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron? EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 4:20 am

Oh he's also the most clutchest between them all
Back to top Go down
FC
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
FC

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron?   Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron? EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 7:11 pm

mj and kobe both threw their teamates under the bus
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron?   Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron? EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 5:12 am

FC wrote:
mj and kobe both threw their teamates under the bus

Hah?
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron?   Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron? EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 10:58 am

Oh yeah...I'm sure Kobe and MJ's teammates HATED getting 4 or 6 championships...
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron?   Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron? EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 5:02 pm

If it hasn't been mentioned already:

Lockdown D.. Jordan was a guy who player hard on the best perimeter/wing on the other team. Kobe and LeBron would rather play more offense, despite the fact that they can defend pretty well themselves..... But today, the NBA is priding itself so much more on Offense.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron?   Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron? Empty

Back to top Go down

Michael Jordan>Kobe>LeBron?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next