Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant?

Go down 
+5
Raza
YS
Chosen One
lozan :)
Fox News
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant? Empty
PostSubject: Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant?   Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 7:48 pm

Or in my case, bandwagoners. How I wish that the thoughts that was thought by each of every user here were thought by my friends or generally my countrymen.

RBT is the only place where I can discuss basketball without ever hearing "Lakers are gonna take it all!!! The Cavs suxxxxx" or "Cavs will kill the Lakers!!!! Lebron will average a quadruple double!!!!11!!!" At least every user here can back up their statements with well thought-out opinions.

Recently, one of my friends was surprised that the Bobcats were in the playoffs. He might just knew it now. One time, when the All-star game 2010 was over, he realized that Shawn Marion wasn't an all-star and he seem kinda disappointed. They probably didn't even know that Zach Randolph, Chris Kaman, Al Horford and David Lee were in the All-Star game. They keep talking about Durant, Rondo and Rose Seriously, I predicted the Bobcats will be in the playoffs since November.

I highly doubt that people here would know that Stephen Jackson got traded to the Bobcats earlier this year. Or they would state that the reason why the Bucks got in to the Playoffs this year was all bacause of Jennings. Or they would say that the reason why Memphis almost went to the playoffs this year was because of Rudy Gay. Really? No credit for Randolph, M.Gasol, Mayo, Bogut, Ilyasova, Ridnour Salmons?

Usually, most people who know basketball in my country only knew about high-profile players. And for example Kevin Garnett was traded 2 days ago, they would know about it after probably 3-5 months.

But I think the cause of these are the lack of cable tv in our country. Some people here can't afford cable. But to those who have cable, I bet they watch only Lakers and Cavs games. It sickens me.

Most of my countrymen only care about the Championship games, All-star games, Kobe, Lebron, Shaq and all of those high-profile players, teams who are winning now and pretty highlights. They would only care about Star power as to why a team excels. Really? No good coaching, variety of players who can do their job well, veteran leadership or chemistry?

I would like to thank RBT because this is the only place where I can express my thoughts about not only Kobe, KG etc., but the game itself and other teams. And I would get well thought-out results. Of course there's still bias among us but all of us here know more about basketball and the NBA than the usual bandwagon fan.

RBT FTW! Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant? 579559
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant?   Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 7:53 pm

k...
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Female Posts : 5260

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant?   Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 8:22 pm

Yeah its annoying, I only have on friend thats as big a NBA nut as me
but my other friend, ahh drives me crazy.
Liked the Celtics, then the Lakers, then the Celtics (when they won the ship) and now the Lakers.

Its aggravating, and she know's nobody except Kobe, not Pau, Lamar, Fisher, Sasha, nope, only Kobe!

But I got used to it, I dont really care anymore, lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant?   Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 8:30 pm

Im with Peaches on this one
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant?   Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 9:03 pm

I'm with CO on this one Cool
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant?   Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 9:05 pm

One of my friends thinks that Magic Johnson faked HIV, Steve Nash is one of the top 3 PGs of all time, and Amare Stoudemire is the best big man in the league.

Guess which team is his favorite.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant?   Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 9:06 pm

Suns!!
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant?   Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 9:08 pm

YS wins! Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant? 579559

Also, one of my other friends was a Lakers "fan", but then the Celtics got KG and Allen (KG is his favorite player) so now he's apparently a Celtics fan. On top of it all, he denies ever being a fan of any other team and still had the nerve to call ME a bandwagoner for "only liking the Nuggets because of Allen Iverson", even though he's long gone.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant?   Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 9:22 pm

lol damn....you need to school him on his b-ball knowledge...
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant?   Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 9:30 pm

He doesn't know anything about basketball...lol

He's not very good at playing the game either
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant?   Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 10:11 pm

Magic did fake HIV..To get a bigger contract
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant?   Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 10:16 pm

360 wrote:

Oh my Lord.
Shocked
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant?   Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 10:17 pm

Peach <3 wrote:
but my other friend,
ahh drives me crazy.
Liked the Celtics, then the Lakers, then the Celtics (when they won the ship) and now the Lakers.

Its aggravating, and she know's nobody except Kobe, not Pau, Lamar, Fisher, Sasha, nope, only Kobe!

D: I don't count lozan?
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant?   Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 10:28 pm

SRF: Go Spurs Go! wrote:
360 wrote:

Oh my Lord.
Shocked

Its true...he said he had aids to get out of the current contract came back and sign a 9 mill contract ( alot back then) to play like 40 games as a PF...
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Female Posts : 5260

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant?   Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 10:34 pm

Eff Ben wrote:
Peach <3 wrote:
but my other friend,
ahh drives me crazy.

D: I don't count lozan?

Of course you count Khai!❤
I was talking about my school friends
Back to top Go down
Teh Big O'reilly
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Teh Big O'reilly

Male Posts : 1935

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant?   Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 10:44 pm

Actually, I'm pretty lucky. My friends aren't like that.

Some of my friends:

One is a mavs fan, but not a bandwagon one. He liked them a while ago, like when they lost against the warriors in the playoffs.

The other is a Celts fan, but he got relatives in boston, so makes sense

Another is a lakers fan, but he genuinly loves them. Not only Kobe, he likes pau, d-fish, and most of the others.

Another is a raptors fan, but I'm torontonian so you cant expect anything else

I only have 1 bandwagon fan, but he doesn't actually follow basketball. When I didn't follow football (except for Superbowl), I was all steelers, steelers, steelers. I was genuinly bandwagonin
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant?   Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 10:52 pm

I dont hang with Annoying people
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

Female Posts : 9485

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant?   Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 11:11 pm

Many of my good friends have no idea about Basketball besides the fact i root for the Lakers not annoying because I Find people I can debate basketball with =)
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/JanetYFFL
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant?   Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does anyone get annoyed by their circle of friends who watch basketball but are usually ignorant?
Page 1 of 1