Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

On the real some girl told me Hockey will be more popular than Basketball soon and I was like GTFO! WTF! lol

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

On the real some girl told me Hockey will be more popular than Basketball soon and I was like GTFO! WTF! lol Empty
PostSubject: On the real some girl told me Hockey will be more popular than Basketball soon and I was like GTFO! WTF! lol   On the real some girl told me Hockey will be more popular than Basketball soon and I was like GTFO! WTF! lol EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 7:06 pm

theres no way Hockey can ever compare to Basketball in the US even with the low ratings than NBA has now
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

On the real some girl told me Hockey will be more popular than Basketball soon and I was like GTFO! WTF! lol Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the real some girl told me Hockey will be more popular than Basketball soon and I was like GTFO! WTF! lol   On the real some girl told me Hockey will be more popular than Basketball soon and I was like GTFO! WTF! lol EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 7:21 pm

NHL has better TV ratings than NBA but overall its not more popular..someday it will be.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: On the real some girl told me Hockey will be more popular than Basketball soon and I was like GTFO! WTF! lol   On the real some girl told me Hockey will be more popular than Basketball soon and I was like GTFO! WTF! lol EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 7:28 pm

If she's talking about the US, then she's wrong...

But world wide...hockey is already more popular than basketball...
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: On the real some girl told me Hockey will be more popular than Basketball soon and I was like GTFO! WTF! lol   On the real some girl told me Hockey will be more popular than Basketball soon and I was like GTFO! WTF! lol EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 7:36 pm

Im talking about in the USA yes, and Visa what do u think will make hockey more popular someday?
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: On the real some girl told me Hockey will be more popular than Basketball soon and I was like GTFO! WTF! lol   On the real some girl told me Hockey will be more popular than Basketball soon and I was like GTFO! WTF! lol EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 7:44 pm

I really dont know...why not? hockeys getting better,some basketball (NBA) is etting worse
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: On the real some girl told me Hockey will be more popular than Basketball soon and I was like GTFO! WTF! lol   On the real some girl told me Hockey will be more popular than Basketball soon and I was like GTFO! WTF! lol EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 7:48 pm

My love is basketball, and that's never going to change. I like the other sports, but I LOVE the sport of basketball. Hockey will never be more popular to me so I don't really care. As long as basketball is still around, I'm good.

As far as the question, like Jay said, around the World, it is already just as or more popular. In that respect though, I think basketball is actually gaining on hockey, whereas in the United States, hockey is gaining ground on basketball. Athletes and personalities like Alex Ovechkin and Sid the Kid have made the sport a lot more entertaining over the last few seasons. I think it is possible that that could happen. While overall viewership has increased in the NBA, increasing numbers of fans are unhappy with the organization and trends of the NBA. The possible lockouts could also be huge factors. IF the NFL and the NBA locked out in the same season, the NHL and MLS would benefit greatly because they'd be in the top 3 of US professional sports league's for the year, and both would get paid lots more attention. It's possible. You may not be a big hockey fan or one at all, but I think the NHL has done a really good job in attracting new fans, and should they be given an opportunity like a lockout, they'd be able to take great advantage of it.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: On the real some girl told me Hockey will be more popular than Basketball soon and I was like GTFO! WTF! lol   On the real some girl told me Hockey will be more popular than Basketball soon and I was like GTFO! WTF! lol EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:00 pm

I do like and watch Hockey don't get me wrong though and lockouts to the NBA and NFL may help it, and I agree with you on basketball being the love as it is to me.

And Collegiate hockey even if the NCAA ridiculously expands the NCAA Tournament to 96 wouldn't even be able to touch College Basketball
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: On the real some girl told me Hockey will be more popular than Basketball soon and I was like GTFO! WTF! lol   On the real some girl told me Hockey will be more popular than Basketball soon and I was like GTFO! WTF! lol EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:01 pm

I should've added this person said College Baseball and Hockey would be more popular than College Basketball and not even close
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: On the real some girl told me Hockey will be more popular than Basketball soon and I was like GTFO! WTF! lol   On the real some girl told me Hockey will be more popular than Basketball soon and I was like GTFO! WTF! lol EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 8:21 am

In Washington, it's already true, at least among the White people and the yuppie crowd it is.

But that girl really doesn't know what she's talking about. Maybe she's really high on the Devils beating the Caps in the Eastern Finals or something.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On the real some girl told me Hockey will be more popular than Basketball soon and I was like GTFO! WTF! lol   On the real some girl told me Hockey will be more popular than Basketball soon and I was like GTFO! WTF! lol Empty

Back to top Go down

On the real some girl told me Hockey will be more popular than Basketball soon and I was like GTFO! WTF! lol
Page 1 of 1