Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

What do you think of racist jokes?

Go down 
+11
JC45
Tar Heel
J
Fox News
OhYouMadCuzImStylinOnYa?!
VP
YS
Straight Edge Bluntness
cbi
brownie13
King Of NJ
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

What do you think of racist jokes? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think of racist jokes?   What do you think of racist jokes? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 12:19 pm

I know some people hate them and get offended.

I make racist jokes all the time about every race even my own race.

Just letting you know if you see me make one on here don't get offended because Im joking.

Just want to know your take on racist jokes
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of racist jokes?   What do you think of racist jokes? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 12:22 pm

I think a lot of them are funny. There are a few that go too far but you dont usually here them a lot because everyone knows they do go to far.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of racist jokes?   What do you think of racist jokes? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 12:24 pm

lol I know the limit

like what we're doing in the true false game now
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of racist jokes?   What do you think of racist jokes? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 12:41 pm

I dislike them in general unless they're about white people... I just feel bad if like a black person sees a black joke and gets offended and shit.

but it's cool if a white dude ssees a white joke and gets offended. It's funny, really.

I guess it makes no difference though. A race joke, is a race joke... there's gonna be latin people that can't take latin jokes, and there's gonna be latin people that can take those jokes... just depends.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of racist jokes?   What do you think of racist jokes? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 12:58 pm

I don't like them for the most part because it contributes to stereotypes and sometimes these stereotypes get out of hand and can limit a racial group's opportunities in society. For instance, black people may have a much more difficult time getting hired in retail establishments because of the stereotype that black people like to steal.

Like if I make jokes about my race, I personally prefer to make them around my own racial group only because if I were to make a joke abot my race around an Asian person for instance, they may perceive that joke as truth and spread it, therefore creating false assumptions about my race. At least if I were to do it around my racial group, they know the truth because they are insiders to the race and won't spread it around as the truth.

I hope I made sense here...
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of racist jokes?   What do you think of racist jokes? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 12:59 pm

Why do Jews have big noses?

Because the air is free......
Back to top Go down
VP
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
VP

Male Posts : 517

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of racist jokes?   What do you think of racist jokes? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 2:54 pm

I chuckle at the occasional funny ones, but most of them are garbage jokes.
Back to top Go down
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Female Posts : 11937

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of racist jokes?   What do you think of racist jokes? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 3:12 pm

Hate 'em.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of racist jokes?   What do you think of racist jokes? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 3:17 pm

I was whooping this white boi at the rec...and he jokingly said " well your black....they all know how to run,jump and shoot" ....Hit the dude so hard i aint seen him back yet afro
Back to top Go down
J
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
J

Male Posts : 2286

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of racist jokes?   What do you think of racist jokes? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 3:17 pm

Cavs Browns Indians BEAST wrote:
I dislike them in general unless they're about white people... I just feel bad if like a black person sees a black joke and gets offended and shit.

but it's cool if a white dude ssees a white joke and gets offended. It's funny, really.

I guess it makes no difference though. A race joke, is a race joke... there's gonna be latin people that can't take latin jokes, and there's gonna be latin people that can take those jokes... just depends.

I don't think its fair for people to make fun of White people either.. I feel that since we are all equal, making fun of or sterotyping any race is just completely uncalled for.

Also, I don't understand why people take offense at jokes that don't even apply to them. Not every Black guy drink 5 gallons of Kool-Aid per day or has been to jail. Unfortunately, racism still exists, and those giving it out are just as ignorant as those who cuntinue to file themsekves under racial bondage. Just be who you are. A physical trait does not define your mind.
Back to top Go down
J
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
J

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of racist jokes?   What do you think of racist jokes? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 3:18 pm

haha. at visa. BTW, your quote promotes laziness. haha.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of racist jokes?   What do you think of racist jokes? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 3:19 pm

I know.. I'm just saying I think white jokes are fine, probably because I"m white. But if I see another joke about anothr race I just wince..
Back to top Go down
J
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
J

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of racist jokes?   What do you think of racist jokes? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 3:21 pm

See, CBI, you are one of those guys that realizes that a joke is just a joke. Some people don't like it. You kind of have to feel people out first.

But I just choose not to do it to anyone, because doing only to Whites is racism as well.

I have to admit, I do make jokes with my friends, but nothing to offensive or too serious. Actually most of the jokes I make are just reality that has been transformed into a sterotype.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of racist jokes?   What do you think of racist jokes? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 3:26 pm

J wrote:
See, CBI, you are one of those guys that realizes that a joke is just a joke. Some people don't like it. You kind of have to feel people out first.

But I just choose not to do it to anyone, because doing only to Whites is racism as well.

I have to admit, I do make jokes with my friends, but nothing to offensive or too serious. Actually most of the jokes I make are just reality that has been transformed into a sterotype.

I agree. I don't make racist jokes about any race. I think it's wrong. I only make jokes about faggots, Although i try not to make jokes about anyone cuz im not an asshole like that.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of racist jokes?   What do you think of racist jokes? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 3:30 pm

You guys have to admit though...some racist jokes are funny.....
They are offensive....but still funny....
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of racist jokes?   What do you think of racist jokes? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 3:33 pm

YS wrote:
Lol like the time I made this joke completely by an accident

My muslim friend and and other friend were gonna go skating after school.
So I'm like you guys should bomb the world trade center...

I didn't mean to say that. I meant to say mailbox. Like bomb hte mailbox for vandalism(They are vandalists..). I felt so bad, but I laughed so hard at the same time.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of racist jokes?   What do you think of racist jokes? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 3:35 pm

YS wrote:
Lol like the time I made this joke completely by an accident

My muslim friend and and other friend were gonna go skating after school.
So I'm like you guys should bomb the world trade center...

I didn't mean to say that. I meant to say mailbox. Like bomb hte mailbox for vandalism(They are vandalists..). I felt so bad, but I laughed so hard at the same time.

LMAO!!....but thats mean though...lol
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of racist jokes?   What do you think of racist jokes? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 3:36 pm

He's used to terroist jokes, but never from me lol. I felt so bad.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of racist jokes?   What do you think of racist jokes? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 3:38 pm

YS wrote:

yeh...expescially jokes about mexicans
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of racist jokes?   What do you think of racist jokes? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 5:36 pm

Well, when I lived in California, I knew two racist jokes that aren't offensive at all. Baby jokes were the rage out there. As soon as I move to North Carolina though, I hear racist jokes every day from everyone. At first I thought they were awful, but now I can't help but find some of them funny. There are a few that cross the line though, like the black Jew joke.
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of racist jokes?   What do you think of racist jokes? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 5:38 pm

I dislike them in general unless they're about white people...

Dude, white jokes? I only know like one. Hit me with some! I'm white, I wanna hear some lol.
Back to top Go down
JC45
College Baller
College Baller
JC45

Male Posts : 354

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of racist jokes?   What do you think of racist jokes? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 5:41 pm

The term is caucasian.
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of racist jokes?   What do you think of racist jokes? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 6:17 pm

Lol...forgive me...hit me with some caucasian jokes, CBI!
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of racist jokes?   What do you think of racist jokes? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 6:26 pm

How many white guys does it take to screw in a light bulb?
One white guys will screw anything

what's white and fourteen inches long?
absolutely nothing

what to do you call a bunch of white guys sitting on a bench?
the NBA

why can't white men jump?
they were too busy making rascist jokes-- love that one

And that's all I can remember that I've heard recently
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

Male Posts : 14345

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of racist jokes?   What do you think of racist jokes? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 6:39 pm

Nice ones CBI LOL

What do you call 500,000 white guys jumping out of a plane?
Snow.

What do you call 300 white men chasing a black man?
The PGA tour.

just jks don't take it serious lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/kobefanz/profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of racist jokes?   What do you think of racist jokes? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you think of racist jokes?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next