Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Hawks Situation: JJ and Woody

Go down 
+2
Straight Edge Bluntness
lozan :)
6 posters

Will He Stay?
Yes, he will stay on the Hawks
Hawks Situation: JJ and Woody Vote_lcap75%Hawks Situation: JJ and Woody Vote_rcap
 75% [ 3 ]
No, he's NY bound
Hawks Situation: JJ and Woody Vote_lcap0%Hawks Situation: JJ and Woody Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I could really care less about JJ :P
Hawks Situation: JJ and Woody Vote_lcap25%Hawks Situation: JJ and Woody Vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Female Posts : 5260

Hawks Situation: JJ and Woody Empty
PostSubject: Hawks Situation: JJ and Woody   Hawks Situation: JJ and Woody EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 9:25 pm

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/65781/20100405/johnsons_future_could_hinge_on_woodsons_status/

JJ said that one of the reasons he signed onto the Hawks in the first place was because of Woody.
Which makes me feel a little better considering all the reports of how much JJ loves D'Antoni (or however you spell his name)

I think this makes the possiblity of him staying bigger, esp since the Hawks management seems like they really like Woody.

What do you guys think?
Will he stay or go?

And Are the Hawks better off w/o JJ and Woody for that matter?
Cuz I've seen alot of ppl think that too
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Hawks Situation: JJ and Woody   Hawks Situation: JJ and Woody EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 11:03 pm

As the article states, if Woodson and his coaching staff return and Woodson is the reason why JJ signed with them in the first place...then my assumption is that if Woodson stays; then JJ stays as well.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Hawks Situation: JJ and Woody   Hawks Situation: JJ and Woody EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 11:47 pm

woodson stays. jj stays. smith and horford get a little better again. hawks sign a legit reserve center. play teague more next season. hawks become a legitimate contender (they aren't now).
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Hawks Situation: JJ and Woody   Hawks Situation: JJ and Woody EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 11:52 pm

I think JJ leaves for the Bulls or the Knicks, but the Hawks are still above 50 wins because of all of their young talent (Josh Smith, Teague, Horford, Williams). That's what makes this Hawks team so great, because they are unique because the team is dominated by young talent but at the same time they have great, experienced vets in JJ and Bibby. Not only that, but this Hawks team in particular has ressurected the fanbase (they went from 25th in attendance to 18th in 3 years) and should be even better in the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Hawks Situation: JJ and Woody   Hawks Situation: JJ and Woody EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 12:24 am

Peach <3 wrote:
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/65781/20100405/johnsons_future_could_hinge_on_woodsons_status/

JJ said that one of the reasons he signed onto the Hawks in the first place was because of Woody.
Which makes me feel a little better considering all the reports of how much JJ loves D'Antoni (or however you spell his name)

I think this makes the possiblity of him staying bigger, esp since the Hawks management seems like they really like Woody.

What do you guys think?
Will he stay or go?

And Are the Hawks better off w/o JJ and Woody for that matter?
Cuz I've seen alot of ppl think that too

You saw my report card on ATL right? Hawks are doing pretty damn good after being the Clippers of the east for 10 years, and if they win 50 games this year, firing Woodson would be a boneheaded move. If they don't re-sign Johnson that is also boneheaded unless LeBron comes to Atlanta. You don't fire the coach even if he "doesn't get along" with the players despite winning. Detroit was smoking crack to let go of Flip Saunders just because they didn't make the Finals and Sheed tuned him out, but then again, Sheed probably tuned out every NBA coach he played for, though I hope he never tuned out Dean Smith. A lot of this too is because a great amt of them are divas, they don't want to listen to Coach anyway and they think their individual game alone will win games.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Hawks Situation: JJ and Woody   Hawks Situation: JJ and Woody EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 1:40 am

Joe should stay in Atlanta. Staying with the Hawks he'll be the focal point of the team while the kids grow up (Josh Smith, Al Horford, and Jeff Teague) and management can pry away some vets from around the league.

I also think Woodson has done a really god job after a lot of scrutiny from media and fans about his coaching and his headbutting over shot selection with Josh Smith... Woodson convinced the guy to stop chucking threes, for that alone he should keep his job.

I think if Joe went to NY it would not work out. I think that NY is swinging for the fences and their fans/media/David Stern want LeBron or Wade to be combined with Chris Bosh or another player of that caliber in NY and I don't think JJ would satisfy the NY fans out there who are tired of losing and having aimless seasons and the clean up duty after giving out terrible contracts and an unprotected lottery pick and the all the"work" that Thomas, Brown, Dolan and company had put into the Knicks to make a big market franchise an unappealing destination.

NY Knick fans want a big payoff for all the years of supporting the Knicks through some truely ugly seasons and having spoiled, broken, annoying, selfish basketball players (Curry, Steph, Hughes, J. James, Nate Robinson, Chris Duhon... it's such a long list of douchebag athletes).

So with all of the being said, I want Joe to stay in ATL, but this is what I think is really going to happen:

Neither LeBron or Wade are coming to NY. I'm not sayng they're gonna stay with their teams either. But I don't think either are coming to the Knicks. I do think Chris Bosh and Joe Johnson will sign with the Knicks. Yet, I honestly don't know if the majority of Knick fans will be happy about that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hawks Situation: JJ and Woody   Hawks Situation: JJ and Woody Empty

Back to top Go down

Hawks Situation: JJ and Woody
Page 1 of 1