Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Wow, what the hell is this? The Wizards let go of another good promising player!

Go down 
+2
Straight Edge Bluntness
wallshingtonwizard
6 posters
AuthorMessage
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

Wow, what the hell is this?  The Wizards let go of another good promising player! Empty
PostSubject: Wow, what the hell is this? The Wizards let go of another good promising player!   Wow, what the hell is this?  The Wizards let go of another good promising player! EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 11:09 am

http://www.ridiculousupside.com/2010/3/29/1394643/source-spurs-to-sign-alonzo-gee

The Wizards had Alonzo Gee who has played pretty damn well despite the team not winning for two 10 day contracts. Instead of signing him for the season, which they did for Livingston, they let him walk and now the Spurs just got insurance for Richard Jefferson AND Manu AND Roger Mason. Did Ernie just forget that Gee was on a 2nd 10 day deal because his Vols got in the Elite Eight? Damn!
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

Wow, what the hell is this?  The Wizards let go of another good promising player! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow, what the hell is this? The Wizards let go of another good promising player!   Wow, what the hell is this?  The Wizards let go of another good promising player! EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 11:33 am

Nice!
and apparently, he is knowledgeable with the Spurs system as well; I hope he works out so we can easily get rid of Mason later on! Wow, what the hell is this?  The Wizards let go of another good promising player! 588709
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Wow, what the hell is this? The Wizards let go of another good promising player!   Wow, what the hell is this?  The Wizards let go of another good promising player! EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 11:34 am

I like the Spurs, but I don't like the fact that Grunfeld made this move unless he believes Nick Young is the future.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Wow, what the hell is this? The Wizards let go of another good promising player!   Wow, what the hell is this?  The Wizards let go of another good promising player! EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 11:37 am

Eeek, sorry wiz. Sorry, I just got a little excited with the possibly of no more Mason after this season.
I understand why you may be disappointed though with this move.
Hopefully, the Wizards have some plan in mind to better the roster.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Wow, what the hell is this? The Wizards let go of another good promising player!   Wow, what the hell is this?  The Wizards let go of another good promising player! EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 11:44 am

It's ok. Mason hasn't been bad for you guys. Last year he was a stop gap for Manu which was why he had a "breakout" year, but this year, most of the gang is healthy in the backcourt, I know George Hill took over for Parker, but he's still pretty effective though his three point shot hasn't quite been as good. He was looking for a trade earlier this year but it didn't happen.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

PostSubject: Re: Wow, what the hell is this? The Wizards let go of another good promising player!   Wow, what the hell is this?  The Wizards let go of another good promising player! EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 11:44 am

he does have a cool name

Alonzo Gee I love it lol
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Wow, what the hell is this? The Wizards let go of another good promising player!   Wow, what the hell is this?  The Wizards let go of another good promising player! EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 11:50 am

To add on more woes, PG Randy Foye is now sitting out games due to a wrist injury he suffered a month ago.

Can I sign Alana Beard or Candace Parker to a 10 day contract with the Wizards? It can't hurt. They can prob play with a better IQ than most of this roster!
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Wow, what the hell is this? The Wizards let go of another good promising player!   Wow, what the hell is this?  The Wizards let go of another good promising player! EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 11:54 am

I play alot of basketball and would love 150k for a 10 day contract

wiz could you refer me to Wizards front management? lol

and me and Randy Foye are from the same city Newark,NJ
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Wow, what the hell is this? The Wizards let go of another good promising player!   Wow, what the hell is this?  The Wizards let go of another good promising player! EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 12:11 pm

Well, there is still free agency.
Hopefully, you guys can sign a solid player to your team by then?
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Wow, what the hell is this? The Wizards let go of another good promising player!   Wow, what the hell is this?  The Wizards let go of another good promising player! EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 12:22 pm

With free agency, I think getting Gil back hurts us because the team, or I guess for analogy purposes, Elin Woods decided to run away from Tiger because he was unfaithful. Gil was unfaithful with his actions. And the court basically denied the divorce, so this is still a dicey situation. The LeBrons and Dwyanes wouldn't think of signing here since they see a team management who will try to ax them when they do a relatively minor criminal mistake, not like they intend to be doing crime anyway.

If Ted takes over by June, even if Grunfeld stays, we hopefully will be able to mitigate that concern.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Wow, what the hell is this? The Wizards let go of another good promising player!   Wow, what the hell is this?  The Wizards let go of another good promising player! EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 12:23 pm

I Dont Know wrote:

Sure. I think we need an open tryout.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Wow, what the hell is this? The Wizards let go of another good promising player!   Wow, what the hell is this?  The Wizards let go of another good promising player! EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 12:35 pm

thewiz06 wrote:
With free agency, I think getting Gil back hurts us because the team, or I guess for analogy purposes, Elin Woods decided to run away from Tiger because he was unfaithful. Gil was unfaithful with his actions. And the court basically denied the divorce, so this is still a dicey situation. The LeBrons and Dwyanes wouldn't think of signing here since they see a team management who will try to ax them when they do a relatively minor criminal mistake, not like they intend to be doing crime anyway.

If Ted takes over by June, even if Grunfeld stays, we hopefully will be able to mitigate that concern.

That is true; and they may not want to be a part of a franchise that has traded away many of their good players. But, you don't need to go after Lebron or Dwyane...maybe there is a chance you could land someone else who is willing to help turn the team around.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Wow, what the hell is this? The Wizards let go of another good promising player!   Wow, what the hell is this?  The Wizards let go of another good promising player! EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 12:39 pm

My number one hope is David Lee. It seems like the New York Knicks are so fixated on LeBron, Wade, and Bosh as the new Big Three that they seem to forget that he's earned an all star berth this year on his own. I would LOVE to see Lee on the Wizards, and get out of NYC because he really isn't getting the respect he deserves by his own fans, even though the league certainly is. An Arenas/Howard/Lee/Blatche combo will be good on paper.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Wow, what the hell is this? The Wizards let go of another good promising player!   Wow, what the hell is this?  The Wizards let go of another good promising player! EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 12:49 pm

That does sound like a nice combo indeed.
Lee is like a double double machine.
haha, I know Tony would have something to say about Lee coming to the Wizards though. :p
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Wow, what the hell is this? The Wizards let go of another good promising player!   Wow, what the hell is this?  The Wizards let go of another good promising player! EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 1:27 pm

bigdeal...
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Wow, what the hell is this? The Wizards let go of another good promising player!   Wow, what the hell is this?  The Wizards let go of another good promising player! EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 2:03 pm

thewiz06 wrote:
I Dont Know wrote:

Sure. I think we need an open tryout.

I can see myself as the Wiz06's next avatar as soon as I come up big for the Wizards lol
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Wow, what the hell is this? The Wizards let go of another good promising player!   Wow, what the hell is this?  The Wizards let go of another good promising player! EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 3:19 pm

Wiz tanking in overdrive.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Wow, what the hell is this? The Wizards let go of another good promising player!   Wow, what the hell is this?  The Wizards let go of another good promising player! EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 4:43 pm

Nick C wrote:
Wiz tanking in overdrive.

You got that right.

Maybe Randy Foye isn't a bad guard like many Wizards fans do. Livingston is a nice comeback story but he won't be the next Magic, I think I'll bet on that. Back to Foye, I think he's a great player. It was the wrist injury!!!!!

This is by far the worst season ever in Wizards history.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Wow, what the hell is this? The Wizards let go of another good promising player!   Wow, what the hell is this?  The Wizards let go of another good promising player! EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 4:45 pm

poor wiz. gee started the last game, then got cut Sad
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Wow, what the hell is this? The Wizards let go of another good promising player!   Wow, what the hell is this?  The Wizards let go of another good promising player! EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 5:24 pm

At least the Wizards players get the luxury of eating some good Chinese Food since the Verizon Center is in Chinatown Smile lol
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Wow, what the hell is this? The Wizards let go of another good promising player!   Wow, what the hell is this?  The Wizards let go of another good promising player! EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 12:05 pm

To tell you the truth, I'm not sure how often you come to DC, but the Verizon Center, may technically be in Chinatown, but it's a couple blocks away from the traditional eateries. The places near Verizon include Potbelly, Legal Sea Foods, Fuddrucker's and some Tapas place among others, besides Starbucks. I can't stand Starbucks....

But yes, the Chinese food is real good, and it's traditional Chinese at many of these places. There is a place called Wok and Roll, and another called the New Big Wong. Those are some classic names.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Wow, what the hell is this? The Wizards let go of another good promising player!   Wow, what the hell is this?  The Wizards let go of another good promising player! EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 4:06 pm

Only been there twice last I been there was Summer of 2008

went a few blocks away and I even believe to one of those places you had mentioned and was great. Almost as good as Chinatown in NYC
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Wow, what the hell is this? The Wizards let go of another good promising player!   Wow, what the hell is this?  The Wizards let go of another good promising player! EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 4:07 pm

I dont do wok and roll or nothin fancy..i just go to eddies lol
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Wow, what the hell is this? The Wizards let go of another good promising player!   Wow, what the hell is this?  The Wizards let go of another good promising player! EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 4:18 pm

Don't Expand The Field!!! wrote:

went a few blocks away and I even believe to one of those places you had mentioned and was great. Almost as good as Chinatown in NYC

Thanks. Probably my fav food in Chinatown would be the dim sum, but that's basically a lunch time only affair. And I work in Virginia, so that ain't happenin' unless I take a day off.

Of the non-college campus arenas I have been inside for a hoops, hockey game, or a concert, I personally think Verizon Center has one of the best surrounding areas of them all, given the food, shopping, and the proximity the arena has to Metro, and the National Mall, about half a mile away by foot. Can't say that about the vast majority of teams' arenas.

Only con about the Phone booth is parking, but you trade that in for the surrounding areas I mentioned.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Wow, what the hell is this? The Wizards let go of another good promising player!   Wow, what the hell is this?  The Wizards let go of another good promising player! EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 5:11 pm

thewiz06 wrote:
Don't Expand The Field!!! wrote:

Thanks. Probably my fav food in Chinatown would be the dim sum, but that's basically a lunch time only affair. And I work in Virginia, so that ain't happenin' unless I take a day off.

Of the non-college campus arenas I have been inside for a hoops, hockey game, or a concert, I personally think Verizon Center has one of the best surrounding areas of them all, given the food, shopping, and the proximity the arena has to Metro, and the National Mall, about half a mile away by foot. Can't say that about the vast majority of teams' arenas.

Only con about the Phone booth is parking, but you trade that in for the surrounding areas I mentioned.

Yep Metro System in DC is good too.

It's a well setup city and out of every city I been to my 2nd favorite outside of New York City. Madison Square Garden is where you enter NYC if you come off Amtrak, or local NJ Transit, and Long Island Railroad trains.

In New Jersey the IZod Center is surrounding by nothing but swamps and why its a horrible location with no public transportation and poor attendance.

The Prudential Center where the Devils and Seton Hall play in Newark is a gem and in a great downtown Newark with lots of things to do.

I been to Nationals Park by the Navy Yards in DC too. Its an excellent stadium and surrounding area with a surprisingly good attendance
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wow, what the hell is this? The Wizards let go of another good promising player!   Wow, what the hell is this?  The Wizards let go of another good promising player! Empty

Back to top Go down

Wow, what the hell is this? The Wizards let go of another good promising player!
Page 1 of 1