Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

What if Robin decided to separate from Batman?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

What if Robin decided to separate from Batman? Empty
PostSubject: What if Robin decided to separate from Batman?   What if Robin decided to separate from Batman? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 10:45 pm

I am referring to Micheal Beasely...
If he was on a different team as the first option, would his stats go up or would they remain the same as they are right now? Do you think that playing alongside Wade is hurting his progress or is Wade helping with his development? Lemme know your thoughts/opinions.

Got this from YA again, haha.
Yeah, I guess I am trying to facilitate discussions here...
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: What if Robin decided to separate from Batman?   What if Robin decided to separate from Batman? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 10:56 pm

Beasley isn't really on a team where he has a position right now. The Heat kind have players that all fit typical roles. Wade is a SG, Haslem a PF, JO a C, etc. None of them are really versatile the way that Beasley is. As for his production, he isn't really deserving of a number 1 spot on any team, and is probably not even really a number 2 on most teams. I don't think his production is really going to improve somewhere else, but I also am not sure if he's actually improving. He seems to be the same player he was as a freshman at Kansas State, not a better one.
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: What if Robin decided to separate from Batman?   What if Robin decided to separate from Batman? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 11:09 pm

Why not?

He could go to the..........Kings Smile
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: What if Robin decided to separate from Batman?   What if Robin decided to separate from Batman? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 11:24 pm

Beasley has talent. It's that same talent that had people drooling over him at Kansas State.

The problem with Michael Beasley is mental. He's like a human mood ring. I'm sure if he went to a bad team and was the first option he probably would've won ROY over Rose on stats alone (maybe). But, if he went to another good team working for a playoff spot that had an established star he wouldn't be the first option. On any team. His game is just too inconsistant and he lacks full game focus.

But what does that say about Beasley? That he needs to be the focal point of the offense to be a star? Or to be happy?

Well he can't.... at least not yet. He's a converted PF (at KSU) to a small forward in the NBA. He can't do the same things on the professional level as he did in college. Leaping over everyone and scoring at will. Being a "tweener" in the NBA is basically saying you have no position. Barkley was a "tweener", but had drive, smarts and a meanstreak that would fuel his career. And Chuck came in as a high pick and had to play behind/with/ Dr. J and Moses Malone.

I think really he went through it mentally... Here he is as the #2 pick and scores of players drafted after him got starting jobs and way more playing time and responsiblity. At one point Miami pondered sending him to the D-League, but felt that it would've created even more pressure on a very sensitive player who was already hearing the bad press in Miami.

I know he didn't like Charles Barkley's comments about him being Tito Jackson to Wade's Michael Jackson... but really he should look at Barkley's career and realize here is a guy who came in a high pick on a team playing for a championship, was too fat to play small forward and to short to play power forward.

But Barkley basically said F' Ya'll and took the PF position and dominated.

But I don't think B-Easy has that in him.
Back to top Go down
Steve
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Steve

Male Posts : 1710

PostSubject: Re: What if Robin decided to separate from Batman?   What if Robin decided to separate from Batman? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 11:27 pm

Beasley can't defend any position. He is just too slow and unmotivated. If he was on a team that fed him the ball, there isn't a question in my mind he could put up 25-10, but the guy hes covering would drop 30 if he had any offensive ability.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What if Robin decided to separate from Batman?   What if Robin decided to separate from Batman? Empty

Back to top Go down

What if Robin decided to separate from Batman?
Page 1 of 1