Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Should the NBA consider this idea...?

Go down 
+3
Chosen One
EM:)
No Longer DEAD
7 posters

What do you think of this idea?
I love it as much as I love you, Khai!
Should the NBA consider this idea...? Vote_lcap33%Should the NBA consider this idea...? Vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
it's decent...
Should the NBA consider this idea...? Vote_lcap50%Should the NBA consider this idea...? Vote_rcap
 50% [ 3 ]
It sucks more than JVG!
Should the NBA consider this idea...? Vote_lcap17%Should the NBA consider this idea...? Vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

Should the NBA consider this idea...? Empty
PostSubject: Should the NBA consider this idea...?   Should the NBA consider this idea...? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 6:05 pm

Well, on ESPN right now the Celtics are getting their ass kicked, and it made me think of an idea. Instead of showing a game between two top notch teams like Cleveland and Boston, why not put on more games like the New Orleans-Phoenix or even Philadelphia-Miami games tonight? OK, so we won't be able to see LeBron or Garnett or so and so, but at LEAST it's more entertaining to watch.

Tell me this: would you rather watch a ball be passed around for 20 seconds until a shot gets thrown up, or watch a fast paced game between two high scoring teams? Just an idea, but, I'm seriously getting bored of watching these wayyyyyyyyyyy too overhyped games that turn into blowouts.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Should the NBA consider this idea...?   Should the NBA consider this idea...? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 6:09 pm

Yes, but Boston & Cleveland have had some close and interesting games in the past. It's hard to pinpoint in a professional league which games are gonna be blowouts and which games are gonna be interesting. Due the unpredictability of the NBA some games that seem to be lopsided turn out to be some of the most exciting games. While, the ones that look to be interesting turn out to be the lopsided ones.
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: Should the NBA consider this idea...?   Should the NBA consider this idea...? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 6:12 pm

Yes, but no matter what Cleveland and Boston are not particularly teams that are fun to watch. Personally, I'd rather watch the Sacramento-Minnesota game tonight than this one because quite frankly, aside from LeBron there's no one that makes me wanna watch this game anymore. Sacramento has Landry, Tyreke, Garcia, etc. and Minnesota's got Ryan Hollins, Kevin Love, and Jonny Flynn, all who would make games much more fun to watch.
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Should the NBA consider this idea...?   Should the NBA consider this idea...? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 6:12 pm

Its not their fault that they predicted a good game.....

Plus more people will watch games with good teams and players
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: Should the NBA consider this idea...?   Should the NBA consider this idea...? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 6:13 pm

Who cares how many people watch, are you an ESPN associate? It's all about entertainment, and neither of these teams are entertaining.
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

PostSubject: Re: Should the NBA consider this idea...?   Should the NBA consider this idea...? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 6:15 pm

More views more money......

Business' arent about entertaining the audience or customer. Its about MONEY!!!!
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

PostSubject: Re: Should the NBA consider this idea...?   Should the NBA consider this idea...? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 6:15 pm

For the record though i like ur idea though Khai

This game is so boring......
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: Should the NBA consider this idea...?   Should the NBA consider this idea...? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 6:16 pm

Yes, but you are the one watching the games...which do you care about more, how much money ESPN makes or the entertainment level of the game?
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Should the NBA consider this idea...?   Should the NBA consider this idea...? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 6:16 pm

Eff Ben wrote:
Yes, but no matter what Cleveland and Boston are not particularly teams that are fun to watch. Personally, I'd rather watch the Sacramento-Minnesota game tonight than this one because quite frankly, aside from LeBron there's no one that makes me wanna watch this game anymore. Sacramento has Landry, Tyreke, Garcia, etc. and Minnesota's got Ryan Hollins, Kevin Love, and Jonny Flynn, all who would make games much more fun to watch.

You make a good point, but yeah the NBA - like anything else is a "make money first" enterprise.
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: Should the NBA consider this idea...?   Should the NBA consider this idea...? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 6:22 pm

If it's a money-first enterprise, wouldn't they get more money if they increased the number of people in the audience by televising more entertaining games? I know you can't predict the score of a game, but I'm pretty damn sure that aside from Cavs-Celtics fans everyone turned this game off before the first half ended. If they wanted their audience to keep watching, and thus gaining more money, then they should show more Run n' Gun, fast-paced teams like the Knicks, Suns, Sixers, or Warriors to keep their audience interested.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Should the NBA consider this idea...?   Should the NBA consider this idea...? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 6:27 pm

Eff Ben wrote:
If it's a money-first enterprise, wouldn't they get more money if they increased the number of people in the audience by televising more entertaining games? I know you can't predict the score of a game, but I'm pretty damn sure that aside from Cavs-Celtics fans everyone turned this game off before the first half ended. If they wanted their audience to keep watching, and thus gaining more money, then they should show more Run n' Gun, fast-paced teams like the Knicks, Suns, Sixers, or Warriors to keep their audience interested.

I wouldn't consider the Knicks a true fast-paced team cause we do play lacklusterly and hold on to the ball longer than any run n gun team essentially would. There are times however where things are clicking and we do run a run n gun pace, but it's not done enough to consider NY a true run n' gun team. For one NY rarely gets buckets in transition. But, yeah I feel ya it would be exciting watching more run n gun teams play one another it certainly would make things more exciting that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Should the NBA consider this idea...?   Should the NBA consider this idea...? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 6:28 pm

Casual fans care about the big names...no matter the pace of the game..
They wanna see Lebron, Kobe, Wade, Dirk, etc....because those players are hyped up so much....the casual fans want to see what they're all about..

But yeah...me personally...I would like to see more of a change...
But I doubt that will happen...
Back to top Go down
Awesome
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Awesome

Male Posts : 1852

PostSubject: Re: Should the NBA consider this idea...?   Should the NBA consider this idea...? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 6:29 pm

NO!!!!!!!! Jazz vs Spurs!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/straightofdahood
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Should the NBA consider this idea...?   Should the NBA consider this idea...? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 12:44 pm

well when they're making the schedule, they look at the cavs-celtics and think of it as a big game. How would they know if it's gonna be a blow out or not? and that was actually a good game up until the end of the third Q.

and I was gonna say something similar to what Jay said.

but if you have NBATV watch some of the games on there... they show some random match-ups
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Should the NBA consider this idea...?   Should the NBA consider this idea...? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 12:49 pm

Eff Ben wrote:

Cavs-C's game was good up until the end of the 3rd Q.

The Kings were up by 16 at half that game and went up by 30 in the 3rd Q.

so... that game would have been more interesting to you?

point it, they don't know if a team is going to get blown out... but might as well put games on tv that mean something
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Should the NBA consider this idea...?   Should the NBA consider this idea...? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 2:01 pm

Well, good basketball can be slow or fast. I don't like seeing chuck it up teams when they brick every shot or play recklessly (in a bad way).

Boston and Cleveland like to play slow tempo ball. Teams like Philly (quickie Gilbert, Caron and Antawn's Princeton), Golden State (run and gun), and Phoenix (basketball equivalent of premature climax) like to speed up games, but that doesn't mean that they're fun to watch either per se.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should the NBA consider this idea...?   Should the NBA consider this idea...? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should the NBA consider this idea...?
Page 1 of 1