Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee?

Go down 
+6
Stefan
Nick C
cbi
Chosen One
Fox News
BNB
10 posters
AuthorMessage
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee? Empty
PostSubject: Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee?   Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee? EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 9:19 pm

Love stats this season
15 PPG
11.2 RPG
46% shooting
Plays 29 MPG

Lee stats this season
20.3 PPG
11.6 RPG
56% shooting
plays 37 MPG

Love has more range than Lee and takes more outside shots.. that explains the lower shooting %

they average the same amount of rebounds [almost] and Love plays 8 minutes less per game.

if Love was getting 37 MPG.. I think he would be at around 18-19 PPG/12-13 RPG

but in the future.. do u see Love being better than Lee?
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee?   Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee? EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 9:22 pm

I don't watch the knicks and I dont watch the twolves so i really dont know...
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee?   Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee? EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 9:34 pm

Yes he does, i always liked his game in college

IMO if he was on the Knicks fast paced offense he would get even more rebounds, touches and points.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee?   Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee? EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 9:35 pm

Well he does all that WITH Al Jefferson.
So yeah.. I think he could be better than Lee
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee?   Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 12:14 am

Love is doing it earlier in his career. I mean that Lee was a four year player at Florida and this would be Kevin Love's sophmore year at UCLA. I think Love has a great upside to his game. He actually made Jefferson available for trade. Lee got his numbers last year with Zach... they aren't that far apart as players except that Lee is way more explosive at the rim, while Love has range on his jumper.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee?   Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 12:17 am

yeah.. the only thing that seperates Love and Lee is that Lee is better around the basket and Love is better from the outside.

Love can work on his insid game though and it would be easier for him to do so because he's bigger than Lee.. it's kind of hard to work on your outside shot when you don't reall have one to begin with haha
Back to top Go down
Stefan
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Stefan

Male Posts : 940

PostSubject: Re: Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee?   Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 1:39 am

Yeah.He has got potential to better than Lee but will see in the future
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee?   Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 12:51 pm

Definitely. Love gets those numbers playing with Al Jefferson AND coming off the bench. Plus, the Knicks run a much faster offense. I'll take Love over Lee any day.
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee?   Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 12:52 pm

Nick C wrote:
Love is doing it earlier in his career. I mean that Lee was a four year player at Florida and this would be Kevin Love's sophmore year at UCLA. I think Love has a great upside to his game. He actually made Jefferson available for trade. Lee got his numbers last year with Zach... they aren't that far apart as players except that Lee is way more explosive at the rim, while Love has range on his jumper.

It'd be his junior year, just so you know, but I don't think that affects your argument much.

Love would be a junior, and Westbrook would be a senior Sad
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee?   Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 12:59 pm

Love can be a better inside presence than Lee in time cause he hs the body and his post moves ae actually pretty good, he just doesnt attack as much as he should

He IS a better REBOUNDER than Lee

He has higher IQ and also has range

So yea Love will be better than Lee.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee?   Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 1:06 pm

Love is a pretty skilled passer and shooter already, but he's got stamina issues, as shown by the low minutes (even in a depleted Minnesota front court), and injury issues, as he may miss his second significant amount of time this season. right now, I'd rather have Lee, who's missed 2 games in the last 3 seasons, and is a better post player. Love could end up the better player, but he needs to improve his inside game. he's not really confident going up against the taller, more athletic post players, who are able to block his shots because of his low vertical. I doubt he improves much inside, because he's just not going to become more athletic overnight, so I like Lee better, who can score inside as a big man and is expanding his game outward, rather than vice versa.
Back to top Go down
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee?   Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 2:46 pm

Chosen One wrote:

IMO if he was on the Knicks fast paced offense he would get even more rebounds, touches and points.

What fast paced offense??? The Knicks have not played in a fast paced pace since the end of last season. NY does not have the team to do what Mike D wants. As for Lee/Love it's close. Lee's passing ability is a separating factor though he's just a better natural passer. Not to mention Lee gets better and better especially from the perimeter year by year. K.Love already came in with a great touch from the outside, so Lee has more room to get that better. Now when Lee shoots from 15 and out you expect it to go in. Not to mention whenever Lee/Love face off Lee seems to get the upper hand. Love is a great player though much better than Jefferson. If Love gets more minutes/room to grow who knows?
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee?   Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 4:29 pm

Tony EM: Defeat The World wrote:
Chosen One wrote:

What fast paced offense??? The Knicks have not played in a fast paced pace since the end of last season. NY does not have the team to do what Mike D wants. As for Lee/Love it's close. Lee's passing ability is a separating factor though he's just a better natural passer. Not to mention Lee gets better and better especially from the perimeter year by year. K.Love already came in with a great touch from the outside, so Lee has more room to get that better. Now when Lee shoots from 15 and out you expect it to go in. Not to mention whenever Lee/Love face off Lee seems to get the upper hand. Love is a great player though much better than Jefferson. If Love gets more minutes/room to grow who knows?

confused
Maybe I haven't see Lee enough, but have you seen Love's outlet passes???
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee?   Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 4:29 pm

North Carolina Lakelbeast wrote:
Nick C wrote:

It'd be his junior year, just so you know, but I don't think that affects your argument much.

What I meant was I was comparing the two in their first NBA season and Love put up better numbers than Lee's first year after four years at Florida.

Sorry if I wrote that weird.

Last edited by Nick C on Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee?   Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 4:30 pm

Nick C wrote:
Nick C wrote:

What I meant was I was comparing the two in their first NBA season and Love put up better numbers than Lee's first year after four years at Florida.

Oh, gotcha. My bad. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee?   Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 4:31 pm

Nick C wrote:
Nick C wrote:

Not at all. You read it right. I wrote it wrong.
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee?   Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 4:35 pm

Nick C wrote:
Nick C wrote:
Nick C wrote:

Not at all. You read it right. I wrote it wrong.

Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee?   Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 5:22 pm

Nick C wrote:
Nick C wrote:

Have you seen Lee's outlets? May be the best outlet passer in the NBA... Def the best outlet passer in his position.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee?   Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 5:29 pm

Brendan haywood might disagree with that
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee?   Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 8:24 am

I would really want to tell but i don't watch them and i haven't watched NBA games for 2 years D:

Judging by stats and what i read,it's close
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee?   Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does Love have the potential to be better than Lee?
Page 1 of 1