Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Barkley: Kobe all luck

Go down 
+9
cbi
OhYouMadCuzImStylinOnYa?!
MC-dizzle
brownie13
EM:)
BNB
Chosen One
Nick C
3-peat
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

Male Posts : 14345

Barkley: Kobe all luck Empty
PostSubject: Barkley: Kobe all luck   Barkley: Kobe all luck EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 4:14 pm

"Barkley had interesting comments on Kobe Bryant's penchant for last-second shots. He said that some of Kobe Bryant's game-winners are lucky. What are you going to do when he hits a 20-foot fade-away jumper? Barkley said that the Raptors played good defense against Bryant earlier this week but he hit the game-winner any way."

How is Kobe's GW's lucky if he's always been doing it? while he keeps on hitting them?.

Sounds like Fat ass Barkely is hating on Kobe, I mean the dude never really liked Kobe, and always finds an opportunity to rag on them especially on TNT. It's all about Kenny Smith and Chris Webber baby, Charles keep eating them 5 buck box it rox, it rox..It rox for a meal with lots & lots,it rox for a jock, it rox for a fox, it rox blockin shots on guys w/dread locks.

With that said, I still like Barkely a bit, I find him entertaining.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b3dtX
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/kobefanz/profile
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Barkley: Kobe all luck   Barkley: Kobe all luck EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 5:36 pm

I think Chuck wished that he had that same "luck".

Zero rings last time I remember. I don't think Chuck hate Kobe as much as hates that people compare him to Jordan so much, who he's close buddies with and also on the wrong end of a Finals loss to Jordan.

I remember when Kenny Smith said during a broadcast of the Lakers and Rocket series that the Lakers didn't deserve to win a championship becasue the ycould put Houston away... Then jumped on their nuts when they faced the Magic.

I like Kenny.

I like Chuck.

But nothing either one says holds much water to me.
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Barkley: Kobe all luck   Barkley: Kobe all luck EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 5:52 pm

OMG someone on TNT hates Kobe
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Barkley: Kobe all luck   Barkley: Kobe all luck EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 5:53 pm

did you listen to what he said?

He was talking about some of the shots Kobe hit this year to win the game. Like when he banked it against miami. Did Kobe really wanna hit it off the backboard? probably not.. so it was kind of a lucky shot.

The 20 foot fade away shot he had the other night, Barkley said it was good defense and Kobe just made the play.

Barkley also said that the greatest player on the team is going to always take the GW shot... some go in and some don't, but some that go in are lucky. which is true.

Bleach report is trying to make it a bigger deal than it really is.. or at least trying to make it sound like it.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Barkley: Kobe all luck   Barkley: Kobe all luck EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 6:08 pm

I consider Charles Barkley the most skilled PF of all-time and right up there with Malone, KG, or Dirk as the 2nd greatest PF of all-time trailing Tim Duncan. Charles Barkley is hilarious and whenever he doesn't have it in for somebody he brings up valid points. Sometimes he just let's his mouth run off though and it's all in good fun guy is funny.
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: Barkley: Kobe all luck   Barkley: Kobe all luck EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 6:51 pm

Nick C wrote:
I think Chuck wished that he had that same "luck".

Zero rings last time I remember. I don't think Chuck hate Kobe as much as hates that people compare him to Jordan so much, who he's close buddies with and also on the wrong end of a Finals loss to Jordan.

I remember when Kenny Smith said during a broadcast of the Lakers and Rocket series that the Lakers didn't deserve to win a championship becasue the ycould put Houston away... Then jumped on their nuts when they faced the Magic.

I like Kenny.

I like Chuck.

But nothing either one says holds much water to me.

lol, Chris is awesome though. He keeps it real, and isn't really a bandwagon.

@Nenad. The Miami one was lucky, but the other ones aren't, inlcuding the one from last night, he's use to making those tough shots, espically in the clutch.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Barkley: Kobe all luck   Barkley: Kobe all luck EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 6:58 pm

he didn't diss kobe. he was asked if kobe is in the same area as michael jordan. he gave his opinion. it was no, that nobodoy was. he didn't say kobe's shots were lucky just because. he said the star is going to take the shot in the end, and it's up to them to make the play, and sometimes they'll get lucky. he talked about durant too.

the only one he said was lucky WAS the Miami one.

listen to the interview. its right there on your link page.
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: Barkley: Kobe all luck   Barkley: Kobe all luck EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 7:12 pm

He said some where Lucky... And Barkely has always been a buddy of Jordan, so it makes sense for him to not like Kobe. But like Nick said, half the stuff they say holds no water.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Barkley: Kobe all luck   Barkley: Kobe all luck EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 7:51 pm

did he say some? or did the article say he said some? i listened to the whole interview. he said JUST the miami one was lucky. none of the others. he said the toronto one "he made a great shot"
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: Barkley: Kobe all luck   Barkley: Kobe all luck EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 8:06 pm

idk what the vid says, it dont work for me. But from the Article it says

"He said that some of Kobe Bryant's game-winners are lucky"

So they're saying more then 1 shot he called lucky.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Barkley: Kobe all luck   Barkley: Kobe all luck EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 8:10 pm

they're misrepresenting the statement. the radio clip he clearly states that sometimes you're gonna get lucky FOR ALL PLAYERS, and that only the Miami shot was one of those times. he didn't randomly bring up kobe either.
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: Barkley: Kobe all luck   Barkley: Kobe all luck EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 8:48 pm

mhmm.
Back to top Go down
MC-dizzle
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
MC-dizzle

Male Posts : 3233

PostSubject: Re: Barkley: Kobe all luck   Barkley: Kobe all luck EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 8:57 pm

Frankly last sec shots are overrated, alot of people use that to determine clutchness and neglecting things like leading a team back from a 10pts deficit, to me that's true clutchness and Kobe does a great job of doing that and with a great scorer like Bryant you are never out of a game no matter how much you are down. GW shots that's only part of the story, certain players like Kobe do a good job of creating shots for themselves tends to be better in those situation, but I've seen Rude Gay, Corey Brewer or players of that status hit shots like that too. I wouldn't call last seconds shots pure luck, because it is certainly more skill than luck but there is a element of luck that goes into it. If it think about it a player shoots 50% is a good percentage, so if u think about there is only a 50% chance the last sec shot actually goes in and that's considered a good %.

still Barkley never really had a good relationship with KB since he called Kobe out in that game 7 vs the Suns in 2006 and then Kobe came onto TNT and just completely destroyed him. Charles is still the life and soul of the TNT crew and I respect he says what's on his mind without sugar coating it.
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Barkley: Kobe all luck   Barkley: Kobe all luck EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 9:01 pm

I agree with Barkley 100%
Back to top Go down
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Female Posts : 11937

PostSubject: Re: Barkley: Kobe all luck   Barkley: Kobe all luck EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 9:08 pm

I agree with David 100%
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Barkley: Kobe all luck   Barkley: Kobe all luck EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 9:09 pm

I agree with Jade 100%
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Barkley: Kobe all luck   Barkley: Kobe all luck EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 9:12 pm

C-c-c-c-c-c-c-com-c-cc-c--c--c-c-com-c-c-c-c-com-cooc-c-c-c-c-c-c-com-combo-c-c-c-COMBE BREAKER!

nah.
I agree w/ Ryan 100% Very Happy
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Barkley: Kobe all luck   Barkley: Kobe all luck EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 9:13 pm

idc tbh
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Barkley: Kobe all luck   Barkley: Kobe all luck EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 9:13 pm

YS broke the combo.

Walk the plank!

asshole.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Barkley: Kobe all luck   Barkley: Kobe all luck EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 9:14 pm

I agree with CBI 100%
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Barkley: Kobe all luck   Barkley: Kobe all luck EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 9:14 pm

That's my job....break the combo..

Wait no..thats ur job..
But you're incompetent today...so I filled in for you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Barkley: Kobe all luck   Barkley: Kobe all luck EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 9:15 pm

I agree with YS 0%
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Barkley: Kobe all luck   Barkley: Kobe all luck EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 9:16 pm

YS im not imcompetent.
You told me Justin FArgas is most definatly scat back.
Too bad an Eagles site said he's KNOWN for his power and strength moves.
so fuck you.

I agree w/ Ryay 100%
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Barkley: Kobe all luck   Barkley: Kobe all luck EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 9:18 pm

That Eagles site is wrong...
He's most definitely not a power back...

Maybe in the middle...but he's def. not known for his power and strength!
That Eagles' site lied!
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: Barkley: Kobe all luck   Barkley: Kobe all luck EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 9:18 pm

woah, take that football talk somewhere else.

It's all about Kobe here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barkley: Kobe all luck   Barkley: Kobe all luck Empty

Back to top Go down

Barkley: Kobe all luck
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next