Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Dunk Contest Issues.

Go down 
+7
BNB
KD35
Raza
lozan :)
Straight Edge Bluntness
3-peat
Snow.
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Snow.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Snow.

Male Posts : 685

Dunk Contest Issues. Empty
PostSubject: Dunk Contest Issues.   Dunk Contest Issues. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 2:20 am

Why do they invite shitass dunkers? Sonny Weems, Nick Young, Rudy Gay hell Derrick Rose could of done better than Wallace and Brown.

any way i was just posting this shit up coz im pissed off

1. Why is there only 4 participants? and why does it have to be "rising stars" i mean if you look back all the memomarble dunk contest were with 8+ dunkers

2. Whats with the fans voting the winner in. WTF!!!!!! if your gonna involve that shit atleast let the fans chose who is gonna be in the finals and let the judges be useful and judge the finals, i have a little feeling that dominique and spudd have a better idea than some basketball fans girlfriend with credit on her phone

3. why dont they change the selections of the dunkers into something like voting for the all-star starters, have a list of about 15-20 and click on four or some shit! Stern dosent have a fucking clue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you have anypoints drop em on in:)
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

Male Posts : 14345

PostSubject: Re: Dunk Contest Issues.   Dunk Contest Issues. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 2:24 am

LMAO, Agreed. I can't think of anything else.

But it's not time to panic yet.

Last edited by ναη¢συνєя 2010 on Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/kobefanz/profile
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Dunk Contest Issues.   Dunk Contest Issues. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 2:25 am

Fan voting for all star festivities = fail IMO.
Back to top Go down
Snow.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Snow.

PostSubject: Re: Dunk Contest Issues.   Dunk Contest Issues. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 2:28 am

Spurs Raptors Fan wrote:

it would be Way better than David Stern choosing them, if we were allowed to vote we wouldnt of had to watch gerald wallace dunk do what ever he was doing
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Female Posts : 5260

PostSubject: Re: Dunk Contest Issues.   Dunk Contest Issues. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 2:32 am

This was one of the worst dunk contests ever
they needed a big name star or something
cuz the players that wer ein it lacked spirit and creativity, I mean really the best Nate came up with was using the cheerleaders =/
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Dunk Contest Issues.   Dunk Contest Issues. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 2:34 am

I meant with regards to your statement about fans voting who should win.

and you're right, Gerald did not seem to care; hell, even Ray Allen, Andrea Bargnani for instance could do better dunks than what Gerald did tonight...

I like the format of not having big name stars participate in the contest; just as long as they bring their A game
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Dunk Contest Issues.   Dunk Contest Issues. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 2:39 am

I was hoping for some creativity, like the infamous cupcake dunk!
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Dunk Contest Issues.   Dunk Contest Issues. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 2:40 am

That cupcake dunk was awesome.
Some of the commentators were hating on it but I thought it was very innovative.
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

Male Posts : 14345

PostSubject: Re: Dunk Contest Issues.   Dunk Contest Issues. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 2:41 am

I was hoping someone would try do a back flip over Pau Gasol, then while still suspended in the air do a 180 spin with a tail grab, then throw it down with one hand, while blinded folded.
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/kobefanz/profile
Snow.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Snow.

PostSubject: Re: Dunk Contest Issues.   Dunk Contest Issues. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 2:42 am

Heart&Soul wrote:
I was hoping for some creativity, like the infamous cupcake dunk!

agreed creativity in the dunk contest is dead, i saw five of the dunks tonight done in-game lol

we need ACTUAL highflyers...
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Dunk Contest Issues.   Dunk Contest Issues. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 2:43 am

Spurs Raptors Fan wrote:
That cupcake dunk was awesome.
Some of the commentators were hating on it but I thought it was very innovative.

lmao, it was, now that was creativity
lol, still mad over the fact Green didn't win..lol

I was expecting something big from KryptoNate!
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Dunk Contest Issues.   Dunk Contest Issues. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 2:53 am

How about allowing some of the D-League players to participate in the dunk contest? Some of those guys did some amazing dunks in this year's d-league dunk contest.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Dunk Contest Issues.   Dunk Contest Issues. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 3:33 am

If the dunk contest is going to be that bad, might as well sign Steve Nash and Jose Calderon up
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: Dunk Contest Issues.   Dunk Contest Issues. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 1:04 pm

Brown disappointed. His first dunk of the night, the Statue of Libert one, was good, but after he missed his first attempt he played it safe and did an OK dunk.

I saw better dunks in the D-League All-Star Game.

Green vs. Iggy vs. Smith vs. James
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Dunk Contest Issues.   Dunk Contest Issues. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 1:15 pm

Spurs Raptors Fan wrote:

I agree... they're biased when it comes time to vote...

but then again... so are the judges sometimes.. so idk haha
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Dunk Contest Issues.   Dunk Contest Issues. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 1:43 pm

Fans voting= FAIL

They should just let the judges vote
Plus the next time someone from Houston goes into the contest they will be a lock to win it if they make the final round (cough China)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dunk Contest Issues.   Dunk Contest Issues. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 2:11 pm

It was pretty boring. Maybe the worst one that I remember. I don't think DeRozan was robbed but Nate doesn't look like a 3-time champion.

Next year, I got to check out the D-league contest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dunk Contest Issues.   Dunk Contest Issues. EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 2:24 pm

Chosen One wrote:
Fans voting= FAIL

They should just let the judges vote
Plus the next time someone from Houston goes into the contest they will be a lock to win it if they make the final round (cough China)

Everyone blames TMac on China but there's no evidence. The problem with All-Star voting is that people can easily cheat by making multiple accounts, using multiple computers or IPs. TMac was probably voted for the same reason Grant Hill was voted several times despite his injury. But it could just be a few people voting with multiple accounts. It's not the first time players have gotten an unusual # of votes, Samuel Dalembert got a lot last year for instance.

Dunk contest voting is different because you have 2 minutes to vote, it's hard to cheat.

Nate and DeMar were both average, honestly I didn't really care who won.

The problem with All-Star game voting is that it starts at the beginning of the 4th quarter even if the game is close. And I think last year, it closed before the game ended, so I didn't even get a chance to vote! I think 2 years ago, LeBron won the All-Star MVP when IMO Ray Allen should've won it (it was a close game) because the votes started before everyone saw Ray Allen's last minute shots.

I wonder if anyone besides LeBron or Kobe will ever win All-Star MVP with fan voting.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Dunk Contest Issues.   Dunk Contest Issues. EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 11:20 pm

Yes, the judging can be biased. I thought the judges were pretty biased last year and the year before (hence why Moon/Fernandez were somewhat robbed during both respective years).

I am just wondering (inspired by something I watched on TV today); is it possible for the dunk contest to be saved? Should it be discontinued or should it become a bi-yearly event?
Back to top Go down
Rush
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Rush

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Dunk Contest Issues.   Dunk Contest Issues. EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 11:38 pm

Fans shouldn't vote.... DeRozan should have won. I agree w/ you.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Dunk Contest Issues.   Dunk Contest Issues. EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 11:39 pm

Derozen sucked!
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Dunk Contest Issues.   Dunk Contest Issues. EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 2:28 pm

Fans voting is wrong because they often vote for the players that they like not the best perfomances on the court.I think they should let the judges to decide
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dunk Contest Issues.   Dunk Contest Issues. Empty

Back to top Go down

Dunk Contest Issues.
Page 1 of 1