Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Does it seem that teams come motivated and with a chip on their shoulder when they face the New Jersey Nets

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

Does it seem that teams come motivated and with a chip on their shoulder when they face the New Jersey Nets Empty
PostSubject: Does it seem that teams come motivated and with a chip on their shoulder when they face the New Jersey Nets   Does it seem that teams come motivated and with a chip on their shoulder when they face the New Jersey Nets EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 6:39 pm

with the talent the Nets have they aren't this bad of a team I still believe. They may not be a good or a playoff team as I said but they aren't this bad.

The Nets just can't catch a break and have had the toughest of luck.

The Nets lost all all close heartbreakers the last few games and could've had 7 wins by now, instead are stuck at 4. In the closing minutes of games the Nets just haven't been able to put it together, and they've been hit by the perfect storm, with the massive injuries to start the year and the 0-18 start.

It seems to me that teams play with a chip on their shoulder and have a ton of confidence going into games against the Nets

It just seems that teams have that "we don't want to lose to them" mentality and that's enough to carry them through the games. With the Nets horrible year, tough lack,and lack of defense they have their backs against the wall and it's tough to stop when teams are playing with that much confidence against you and really want "to not be that team that loses to you"

does anybody else see this?
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

Does it seem that teams come motivated and with a chip on their shoulder when they face the New Jersey Nets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does it seem that teams come motivated and with a chip on their shoulder when they face the New Jersey Nets   Does it seem that teams come motivated and with a chip on their shoulder when they face the New Jersey Nets EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 7:21 pm

No...I think teams come in with the opposite attitudes...

They come in knowing that they'll win and probably don't play as hard as usual...
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

PostSubject: Re: Does it seem that teams come motivated and with a chip on their shoulder when they face the New Jersey Nets   Does it seem that teams come motivated and with a chip on their shoulder when they face the New Jersey Nets EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 7:27 pm

Distant Relatives wrote:
No...I think teams come in with the opposite attitudes...

They come in knowing that they'll win and probably don't play as hard as usual...

The Nets have played hard on many occasions so if teams didn't play as hard they'd get beat

that's why there's been a decent amount of close games
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Does it seem that teams come motivated and with a chip on their shoulder when they face the New Jersey Nets   Does it seem that teams come motivated and with a chip on their shoulder when they face the New Jersey Nets EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 7:28 pm

My theory is:

The opposing teams come in and have the mindset of "easy win", since they're playing the 4-250 Nets. Then, the game is close down the stretch, and the opposing team seriously thinks that they might lose. Then, they step their game up and pull out with the win, resulting in the "close heartbreakers" you mentioned
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Does it seem that teams come motivated and with a chip on their shoulder when they face the New Jersey Nets   Does it seem that teams come motivated and with a chip on their shoulder when they face the New Jersey Nets EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 10:00 am

Nets are good team but they lack chemistry
Back to top Go down
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
EM:)

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Does it seem that teams come motivated and with a chip on their shoulder when they face the New Jersey Nets   Does it seem that teams come motivated and with a chip on their shoulder when they face the New Jersey Nets EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 1:53 pm

I think if I'm left out on the perimeter and make them. Hell I can beat Josh Boone in basketball. That's assuming if his d is lackluster and he doesn't get the ball in any opportunity he can dunk the ball. But, hell his offense is horrendous and if he takes bad shots. Hell like I said I can even beat him hahahaha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does it seem that teams come motivated and with a chip on their shoulder when they face the New Jersey Nets   Does it seem that teams come motivated and with a chip on their shoulder when they face the New Jersey Nets Empty

Back to top Go down

Does it seem that teams come motivated and with a chip on their shoulder when they face the New Jersey Nets
Page 1 of 1