Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Offical Portland Trail Blazers

Go down 
+5
cbi
Saeed
John14
Rip City!!
Darko
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

Offical Portland Trail Blazers Empty
PostSubject: Offical Portland Trail Blazers   Offical Portland Trail Blazers EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 2:56 pm

You can talk about the results,current situation of the team etc

And btw,the one that i made earilier should be locked....
Back to top Go down
Rip City!!
College Baller
College Baller
Rip City!!

Male Posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: Offical Portland Trail Blazers   Offical Portland Trail Blazers EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 11:41 pm

This place needs more blazer fans..this thread was made on jan 14 and im the second post...OY VEY......Maybe when we get chris paul(fingers crossed) this dump will be more active with blazer fans..Ive been perusing the forums and found a disproportionately large number of laker fans in respect to other fanbases, this might be the problem.....J/K 👅

Rip City!!!!!
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

Male Posts : 3251

PostSubject: Re: Offical Portland Trail Blazers   Offical Portland Trail Blazers EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 11:47 pm

well lets start thing up in this thread..what do you think portlands record will be,wht seed and how far will they go
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

PostSubject: Re: Offical Portland Trail Blazers   Offical Portland Trail Blazers EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 11:49 pm

Blazers aren't going nowhere until they either get an All-Star wingman or All-Star big man.

And no, Aldridge and Oden do not count.
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Offical Portland Trail Blazers   Offical Portland Trail Blazers EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 11:54 pm

oden is not that good..

11 points and 8 rebound..and injury prone..but idk why do people think he is so good?
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Offical Portland Trail Blazers   Offical Portland Trail Blazers EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 11:55 pm

nobody thinks he's all that good.

except people in macedonia.
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Offical Portland Trail Blazers   Offical Portland Trail Blazers EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 11:58 pm

hwell tru dat..dat makes scence..
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Offical Portland Trail Blazers   Offical Portland Trail Blazers EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 12:14 am

but they will be 5-8 seed for sure..if only chris paul could going to the blazers..roy and bosh would be buzy
Back to top Go down
Rip City!!
College Baller
College Baller
Rip City!!

PostSubject: Re: Offical Portland Trail Blazers   Offical Portland Trail Blazers EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 12:20 am

bball playa wrote:
well lets start thing up in this thread..what do you think portlands record will be,wht seed and how far will they go
55-58 wins second in the west.

Man Up wrote:
Blazers aren't going nowhere until they either get an All-Star wingman or All-Star big man.

Your forgetting about Nicolus Batum he may not be an all star but he plays like one on defense...and hes money from 3(like a rich mans bruce bowen only younger and french).just ask kobe...Aldridge stinks...but Oden most defenitly counts...with any luck Oden will be healthy this season(knock on wood) and is poised to be MIP..before he went down last year he was putting up all star numbers including a 23 or 24 per which im not sure what per means but i know all the stat geeks found it to be very impressive...
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Offical Portland Trail Blazers   Offical Portland Trail Blazers EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 12:22 am

second in the west???not yet

i dont think they will be above mavs and thunder...
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Offical Portland Trail Blazers   Offical Portland Trail Blazers EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 12:22 am

Second in the west?

absolutly not happening. When they're healthy they're not second in the west, and they cant stay healthy.
Back to top Go down
Rip City!!
College Baller
College Baller
Rip City!!

PostSubject: Re: Offical Portland Trail Blazers   Offical Portland Trail Blazers EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 12:26 am

after last season..Karma has to be on the blazers side
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Offical Portland Trail Blazers   Offical Portland Trail Blazers EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 12:27 am

it doesnt work that way lol.

if it worked that way cleveland would've won a championship sometime between now and 1964.
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Offical Portland Trail Blazers   Offical Portland Trail Blazers EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 12:29 am

agree with hcy..they will not be second..5-8 for sure
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Offical Portland Trail Blazers   Offical Portland Trail Blazers EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 1:42 am

Rusty wrote:
bball playa wrote:

Man Up wrote:

Your forgetting about Nicolus Batum he may not be an all star but he plays like one on defense...and hes money from 3(like a rich mans bruce bowen only younger and french).just ask kobe...Aldridge stinks...but Oden most defenitly counts...with any luck Oden will be healthy this season(knock on wood) and is poised to be MIP..before he went down last year he was putting up all star numbers including a 23 or 24 per which im not sure what per means but i know all the stat geeks found it to be very impressive...

Quote :
before he went down last year he was putting up all star numbers

I never knew 8 and 8 were All-Star numbers. Huh. Strange.

Quote :
including a 23 or 24 per which im not sure what per means but i know all the stat geeks found it to be very impressive..

If you knew anything about PER, you'd know that it doesn't mean shit when it comes to deciding All-Stars. Just to give you an idea, here's some players with a 20 PER: Nazr Mohammad, Marc Gasol, Corey Maggete...those guys will never be All-Stars. Give us some concrete proof that Oden will be the MIP besides telling us stats that you don't even know what it proves. Blurting out PER numbers for someone who played 1/4th of the season doesn't mean shit. Get out of your Portland Trailblazers dress and step into an NBA dress. I'm not sure what that means, but you get the point. Until Oden proves otherwise, he's just another Sam Bowie.
Back to top Go down
Rip City!!
College Baller
College Baller
Rip City!!

PostSubject: Re: Offical Portland Trail Blazers   Offical Portland Trail Blazers EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 2:29 am

DEAD wrote:
Rusty wrote:
bball playa wrote:

Man Up wrote:

Quote :

Quote :
including a 23 or 24 per which im not sure what per means but i know all the stat geeks found it to be very impressive..

If you knew anything about PER, you'd know that it doesn't mean shit when it comes to deciding All-Stars. Just to give you an idea, here's some players with a 20 PER: Nazr Mohammad, Marc Gasol, Corey Maggete...those guys will never be All-Stars. Give us some concrete proof that Oden will be the MIP besides telling us stats that you don't even know what it proves. Blurting out PER numbers for someone who played 1/4th of the season doesn't mean shit. Get out of your Portland Trailblazers dress and step into an NBA dress. I'm not sure what that means, but you get the point. Until Oden proves otherwise, he's just another Sam Bowie.

Reading comprehension obviously isnt your thing, I already admited i didnt know anything about Per...i usually save the stats for the nerds..but in this case a friend of mine a huge stat nerd and Oden honk never shuts up about it, he claims oden has a higher per than anyone on the lakers(but i really dont know or care if he is right)... per this, efficiency rating that, he never shuts up... i figured it would be relative to this topic . but thank you for enlightening me anyway....i prefer watching the games, over reading a stat sheet(all those numbers give me a headache)... And anyone who watched Oden last year as opposed to reading stat sheets will tell you he was when healthy(which unfortunately he never is) pretty damn good, some even think he was the best player on the team(not me i think its B Roy by a mile)

Last edited by Rusty on Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: Offical Portland Trail Blazers   Offical Portland Trail Blazers EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 2:33 am

Rusty wrote:
DEAD wrote:
Rusty wrote:
bball playa wrote:

Man Up wrote:

Quote :

Quote :

Reading comprehension obviously isnt your thing, I already admited i didnt know anything about Per...i usually save the stats for the nerds..but in this case a friend of mine a huge stat nerd and Oden honk never shuts up about it, he claims oden has a higher per than anyone on the lakers(but i really dont know or care if he is right)... per this, efficiency rating that, he never shuts up... i figured it would be relative to this topic . but thank you for enlightening me anyway....i prefer watching the games, over reading a stat sheet... And anyone who watched Oden last year as opposed to reading stat sheets will tell you he was when healthy pretty damn good, some even think he was the best player on the team(not me i think its B Roy by a mile)

Common sense obviously isn't your thing either. Oden isn't, and never has been, successful at the NBA level. Maybe he had a 25/10 game once. I don't care. He hasn't lived up to his expectation, and if you think otherwise, you're just a Portland homer. Do you think I care what your friend says about PER? Stop trying to cover up that you don't have any reasons why Oden is good. You used PER as an example, then when someone blasts you about it, you act as if it's your friends fault. Suck it up and just admit Oden isn't anything special at this point.
Back to top Go down
Rip City!!
College Baller
College Baller
Rip City!!

PostSubject: Re: Offical Portland Trail Blazers   Offical Portland Trail Blazers EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 2:36 am

DEAD wrote:
Rusty wrote:
DEAD wrote:
Rusty wrote:
bball playa wrote:

Man Up wrote:

Quote :

Quote :

Reading comprehension obviously isnt your thing, I already admited i didnt know anything about Per...i usually save the stats for the nerds..but in this case a friend of mine a huge stat nerd and Oden honk never shuts up about it, he claims oden has a higher per than anyone on the lakers(but i really dont know or care if he is right)... per this, efficiency rating that, he never shuts up... i figured it would be relative to this topic . but thank you for enlightening me anyway....i prefer watching the games, over reading a stat sheet... And anyone who watched Oden last year as opposed to reading stat sheets will tell you he was when healthy pretty damn good, some even think he was the best player on the team(not me i think its B Roy by a mile)

Common sense obviously isn't your thing either. Oden isn't, and never has been, successful at the NBA level. Maybe he had a 25/10 game once. I don't care. He hasn't lived up to his expectation, and if you think otherwise, you're just a Portland homer. Do you think I care what your friend says about PER? Stop trying to cover up that you don't have any reasons why Oden is good. You used PER as an example, then when someone blasts you about it, you act as if it's your friends fault. Suck it up and just admit Oden isn't anything special at this point.

I said when healthy hes pretty good whats not true about that??and i also noted that hes seldom healthy..so i really dont see your point

Last edited by Rusty on Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:44 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Jeg forstar ikke)
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: Offical Portland Trail Blazers   Offical Portland Trail Blazers EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 2:37 am

LOL...if Oden's good when healthy, and he's never been healthy, then he's never been good.
Back to top Go down
Rip City!!
College Baller
College Baller
Rip City!!

PostSubject: Re: Offical Portland Trail Blazers   Offical Portland Trail Blazers EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 2:41 am

DEAD wrote:
LOL...if Oden's good when healthy, and he's never been healthy, then he's never been good.

if you cant count on a guy what good is he..i can see your point..However word is hes doing great and will be ready for opening night, hopefully there will be no injurys this season and he will dominate the league..(fingers still crossed)
Back to top Go down
Rip City!!
College Baller
College Baller
Rip City!!

PostSubject: Re: Offical Portland Trail Blazers   Offical Portland Trail Blazers EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 2:46 am

Hey death you in charge around here or do you have any pull???how about a separate forum for the blazers what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Offical Portland Trail Blazers   Offical Portland Trail Blazers EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 2:48 am

Aldridge is pretty good and can develop into maybe an all-star forward. He's 25 years old putting up 18/8. That can easily improve to 20/10 and maybe better in the next 3 years.

The PER rating was created by ESPN's John Hollinger, which strips it of all statistic value and all meaning, but it basically takes everything the player does and puts it into a number. The league average, according to that idiot Hollinger is 15. All-star-level is 22.5, and a strong MVP candidate is 27.5. The highest career average for PER is by Michael Jordan, with 27.91.

According to the Player Efficiency Rating (PER), Michael Jordan is barely a strong MVP candidate. That's how flawed it is. You could be the best perimeter defender in NBA history, and shut down every single player you faced. However, if you did not get steals and blocks all the time, but just shut the person down, your PER was in the single digits, which is terrible. It should NOT be taken seriously at all. Yes, I am that stat geek that you were talking about. Ask anybody on here.

Greg Oden seems to have potential if he can stay healthy. As a healthy starter, people assume he can face around 35 minutes a game and up numbers like 14/12/3. However, with the about TWENTY MINUTES A GAME that Greg Oden has played throughout his career, he managed to pick up 4 fouls. If he played around 35 minutes a game for 82 games in one season, there is no doubt in my mind he would foul out in at least 70 of them. He is NOT a good defender, as he leads the league in fouls while playing minutes similar to JJ Hickson, Nenad Krstic, or Chuck Hayes. He can not stay on the court at all! Either injuries or fouls hold back Greg Oden, and until he can play a full season averaging 3 or less fouls, I refuse to believe he can be anything except a decent starting center.
Back to top Go down
Rip City!!
College Baller
College Baller
Rip City!!

PostSubject: Re: Offical Portland Trail Blazers   Offical Portland Trail Blazers EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 3:07 am

Raza wrote:
Aldridge is pretty good and can develop into maybe an all-star forward. He's 25 years old putting up 18/8. That can easily improve to 20/10 and maybe better in the next 3 years.

The PER rating was created by ESPN's John Hollinger, which strips it of all statistic value and all meaning, but it basically takes everything the player does and puts it into a number. The league average, according to that idiot Hollinger is 15. All-star-level is 22.5, and a strong MVP candidate is 27.5. The highest career average for PER is by Michael Jordan, with 27.91.

According to the Player Efficiency Rating (PER), Michael Jordan is barely a strong MVP candidate. That's how flawed it is. You could be the best perimeter defender in NBA history, and shut down every single player you faced. However, if you did not get steals and blocks all the time, but just shut the person down, your PER was in the single digits, which is terrible. It should NOT be taken seriously at all. Yes, I am that stat geek that you were talking about. Ask anybody on here.

Greg Oden seems to have potential if he can stay healthy. As a healthy starter, people assume he can face around 35 minutes a game and up numbers like 14/12/3. However, with the about TWENTY MINUTES A GAME that Greg Oden has played throughout his career, he managed to pick up 4 fouls. If he played around 35 minutes a game for 82 games in one season, there is no doubt in my mind he would foul out in at least 70 of them. He is NOT a good defender, as he leads the league in fouls while playing minutes similar to JJ Hickson, Nenad Krstic, or Chuck Hayes. He can not stay on the court at all! Either injuries or fouls hold back Greg Oden, and until he can play a full season averaging 3 or less fouls, I refuse to believe he can be anything except a decent starting center.

I hope your right about Aldridge however im not a big fan of jump shooting big men who play mediocre d...

I beleive when oden played in summer league he averaged something like 9 fouls a game, it was pretty sweet...Good thing we got Camby and Przybilla...
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Offical Portland Trail Blazers   Offical Portland Trail Blazers EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 3:13 am

Rusty wrote:
I hope your right about Aldridge however im not a big fan of jump shooting big men who play mediocre d...

I beleive when oden played in summer league he averaged something like 9 fouls a game, it was pretty sweet...Good thing we got Camby and Przybilla...

He has time to fix up his defense. There's no way that Portland will let him get away without playing defense for so long. It's just a matter of time before the staff gets on his tail.

Camby is 36 years old. Przybilla sucks. Either Oden needs to clean up his act FAST or Portland just needs to find other centers.
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Offical Portland Trail Blazers   Offical Portland Trail Blazers EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 4:02 am

@ rusty...your most hated teams (lakers) fan started up your teams thread :SMH: Offical Portland Trail Blazers 218417 Offical Portland Trail Blazers 900593
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Offical Portland Trail Blazers   Offical Portland Trail Blazers Empty

Back to top Go down

Offical Portland Trail Blazers
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next