Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan?

Go down 
+9
No Longer DEAD
Raza
Chris
Straight Edge Bluntness
Rush
brownie13
Saeed
cbi
Darko
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan? Empty
PostSubject: Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan?   Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan? EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 6:26 pm

Who is the better player in their careers/prime etc
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan?   Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan? EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 6:29 pm

Well for careers, I gotta go w/ Shaq.

From 95-05 he was pretty much unstoppable. And he's still been pretty damn good the past few seasons. So....

Duncan started his overall dominance around 99 and that lasted till this season.

ANd since both are winners, going by overall years of great-good play right now its Shaq....

Sorry, very bad explanation. Im tired.
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

PostSubject: Re: Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan?   Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan? EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 6:34 pm

Pau Gasol.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan?   Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan? EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 6:36 pm

shaq shaq shaq shaq shaq

duncan.
Back to top Go down
Rush
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Rush

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan?   Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan? EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 6:39 pm

Duncan
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan?   Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan? EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Shaq was pretty damn dominant during his prime.

Hard one but I will choose Duncan...surprise, surprise. Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan? 853558
Back to top Go down
Rush
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Rush

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan?   Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan? EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 6:43 pm

Uhh, I'm Duncan too!!!
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan?   Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan? EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 6:57 pm

Shaq..

Maybe Duncan is slight better career wise but Shaq Prime = UNSTOPPABLE
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan?   Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan? EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 8:34 pm

Like Chris said, prime Shaq = Simply UNSTOPPABLE

Shaq.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan?   Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan? EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 8:49 pm

Career:Shaq

Prime:Shaq
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan?   Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan? EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 8:52 pm

Well, Shaq has obviously been the more dominant player, but TD has actually been consistent. In his prime, Shaq was unstoppable, TD in his prime was pretty unstoppable also but nowhere near the level of Shaq.

So in their primes, I'll take Shaq any day but in their careers, I'd actually take TD.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan?   Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan? EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 8:59 pm

Tim Duncan and Shaquille O'Neal are my 2 favourite players that i liked most while i was growing cheers
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan?   Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan? EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 9:01 pm

Darko...you're 13...you're still growing.

And if you're Jewish...just because you had your little Bar Mitzvah doesn't mean you're a man yet.
Back to top Go down
Teh Big O'reilly
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Teh Big O'reilly

Male Posts : 1935

PostSubject: Re: Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan?   Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan? EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 9:02 pm

you seriously don't know what i'll say...?
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan?   Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan? EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 9:06 pm

3 Hotties One Cup wrote:

And if you're Jewish...just because you had your little Bar Mitzvah doesn't mean you're a man yet.

Is this to meI'm christian.........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan?   Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 9:01 pm

i go with Shaq.

He was unstopable in his prime.In his rookie season he had amazin 3.9 blk per game and he was 2nd behind Hakeem "The Dream" Olojuwon
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan?   Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan? EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 9:03 pm

Shaq got lots of votes,he's impressive
Back to top Go down
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan?   Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan? EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 3:10 am

I'd say Tim Duncan because he has always been much more of an all-around player. Don't get me wrong Shaquille O'Neal makes a strong case for being the most dominant player to have ever played the game. In his prime he was a sheer beast he was a great offensive force down in the post where he combined deceptive foot-work and sheer power to produce points. He also has been a beastly rebounder and a good passer for his career at his position. Neverthless, Shaq has never really been known for his defense he was never that great of a defender he gave defenses fits not offenses, although his presence in the post may have prevented easy drives into the lane. His one on one d was never an intricate part of his game.

TD on the other hand is a great defender one of the best in this department. Plus, unlike Shaq Duncan's offensive game is much more diversified than that of Shaq's. In that TD can beat defenses from inside and out in his career. TD has mastered the bank shot for his career and has come up huge with clutch jumpers in his career. Not to mention a very good rebounder. Shaq never possessed this for his career. Plus, Duncan is one heck of a passer himself. At the end of the day in terms of overall skill and who is the better player Duncan gets the nod over Shaq from me.

Also if you want to throw in accolades TD has 2 League MVP Awards, 4 NBA Finals in 4 attempts, and 3 NBA Finals MVP's. Shaq has 1 League MVP Award (although it can be argued he deserved a couple of more), 4 NBA Finals in 6 attempts, and 3 NBA Finals MVP's. It's very close and although Shaq has posted greater offensive numbers TD edges him out because he is much more of an all-around player and accomplished just a smidge more than Shaq thus far.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan?   Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan? EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 8:13 am

Great opinion in there Tony.....

I personally think Shaq is better at scoring/blocking/passing/dunking and leadership but i would give blocking/defense and had more consistant sky hook plus the bank shots...... Very Happy

They are all time greats if you ask me...lock for HOF.Shaq and Duncan are BEASTS
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan?   Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 7:17 pm

Shaq is better than Duncan.He was unstopable in his prime.He isn;t better than Duncan than far.It's a tough one
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan?   Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 8:18 pm

You mean that far....i agree that is tough one.Shaq is better beast then Timothy in his prime and career but Duncan's right there....
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan?   Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan? EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 9:28 am

Yeah Shaq is a better scorer than TD, but all Shaq ever was, was a low post scorer. He did have that little hook og his from 5-10, but Duncan is more skilled offensively he can beat you from inside/out.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan?   Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan? EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 11:27 am

Shaq is one of the best low post scorers because of his incredible mix of quickness,stregth and agility plus excellent footwork down low.He had sweet hook shot too and shot a very high procent in his career

Duncan has great footwork inside,has sweet sky hook,great post moves and beats a lot of people with that bank shot
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan?   Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 6:10 am

Shaq is better then Duncan by far.He is one of the best C in da league History
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan?   Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan? EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 6:27 am

Duncan is great too.But Shaq in his prime was amazing.The both has got great acomplsihments.Shaq has got 4 Championships and Duncan has 4 Championships.

Shaq has got MVP award Duncan has it too.The both had 3 Finals MVP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan?   Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan? Empty

Back to top Go down

Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next