Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Imagine if we still had Channing Frye & Trevor Ariza...

Go down 
+2
Straight Edge Bluntness
EM:)
6 posters
AuthorMessage
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

Imagine if we still had Channing Frye & Trevor Ariza... Empty
PostSubject: Imagine if we still had Channing Frye & Trevor Ariza...   Imagine if we still had Channing Frye & Trevor Ariza... EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 1:41 pm

We would be pretty much set right now & still in pretty good shape for the 2010 FA market. We wouldn't have to play Jared Jeffries, the offense-less wonder 23 minutes a game if he even remained on the roster. Frye would thrive in this system like he is right now in PHX. In NY I saw what he was made of he is such a good jump shooting big man and he can rebound pretty well. In NY he was 2nd to CP3 to being named ROY.

Ariza would have made Jeffries's playing time a non-factor as well cause not only can he do what Jeffries does defensively, but Ariza can score and throw some nasty stuff down. In NY I saw a guy in Ariza w. potential and if we hadn't traded him for Steve freakin Francis we wouldn't have needed Nate and Hughes's erraticness and Nate Mr. 1 Dimensional if even that would have been pretty much gone.

PG. CHRIS DUHON
SG. WILSON CHANDLER
SF. DANILO GALLINARI
PF. DAVID LEE
C. CHANNING FRYE
6. Al Harrington
7. Trevor Ariza

Sigh!!! Eff' off to Thomas and his impatience not to mention his terrible managing. Oh well the past is the past. Best of luck to both of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voGZv5ZEVs0 = Frye
ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p6MpMn47mE = Ariza
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Imagine if we still had Channing Frye & Trevor Ariza...   Imagine if we still had Channing Frye & Trevor Ariza... EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 2:25 pm

Knicks w/ Ariza and Fyre = could have gotten homecourt advantage in the Eastern conference playoffs in the first round.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Imagine if we still had Channing Frye & Trevor Ariza...   Imagine if we still had Channing Frye & Trevor Ariza... EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 2:51 pm

Yeah and I would have even kept Renaldo Balkman as well. That is the only trade that Walsh made that I did not agree with. I was fine about trading Z.Bo and sad to see Crawford go, but I understood it had to be done. Nevertheless, trading Balkman another guy I saw a lot of potential in for Bonny Jones and Taurean Green (2 guys that didn't even make our roster and are nowhere to be seen in the NBA) was out of line if you were to ask me.

Now Balkman is bein done dirty by Raza's team in DEN. I think Balkman could be just like Trevor Ariza. They are both great youn defenders and explosive and would have been good together off NY's bench if kept. Balkman is more of a high-flyer than Ariza.

6. Harrington
7. Ariza
8. Balkman
9. Bender/Douglas
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Imagine if we still had Channing Frye & Trevor Ariza...   Imagine if we still had Channing Frye & Trevor Ariza... EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 2:54 pm

Ariza and frye wouldn't have developeed into good players in NY..everyone who goes to NY fails...simple!
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Imagine if we still had Channing Frye & Trevor Ariza...   Imagine if we still had Channing Frye & Trevor Ariza... EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 3:00 pm

Channing Frye was bein called the 2nd best player in his draft class after CP3. Yes even better than Deron Williams and he was on the verge of winning ROY, but CP3 beat him to it in the end. What are you talking about he was turning into one of NY's go-to-guys down the stretch in his final year in NY. It was a huge mistake to trade him for Zach Randolph and his bloated contract that NY luckily erased.

Same with Ariza he was getting better and better and when NY foolishly traded him to ORL for 1 of the biggest failures of all-time in Stevie Franchise, that chump, he had a very solid year in ORL and it caught the Lakers eye. He was molded best into the player he is today by LA that is true, but you saw a lot in him when he was in NY.

Of course NY would have done bad we still had Isiah as coach, but these 2 guys if kept would have done wonders in Mike D's system. Do not confuse the NY Knicks under Walsh/Mike D with the NY knicks under Isiah. They are very different.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Imagine if we still had Channing Frye & Trevor Ariza...   Imagine if we still had Channing Frye & Trevor Ariza... EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 3:06 pm

Something would have went wrong...guys who were beast or becomeing beast just take a big downfall in NY,marbury,randolph, and soon to be james and still this thread is pointless, imagine if the wizards kept rip,or drafted pau gasol instead of kwame...stop imagining and get real!
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Imagine if we still had Channing Frye & Trevor Ariza...   Imagine if we still had Channing Frye & Trevor Ariza... EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 3:23 pm

Marbury was never a beast he was always a glorified loser that would amount to nothing. He's never even taken a team to a winning record and that's before NY and his PHX team was stacked and he couldn't get them even to .500.

Zach Randolph was a beast in NY in his short time here he was putting up monster numbers. But, things never worked out because him and Nate were fighting each other on the sidelines, NY was the mecca of off court problems: like Thomas and Marbury fist fighting or Thomas and Marbury's sexual assault scandals, the Knicks-Nuggets brawl, Dolan being a dick of an owner, etc. Not to mention it's not Z.Bo's fault that he was paired off with someone who sucks just as much as Eddy Curry and such a terrible coach and GM in Isiah could not get anything to work.

Like I said, though these Knicks are nothing like the Thomas ran Knicks. David Lee is excelling being a starter after racking up double-doubles off the bench in 20 minutes or less a game and guys like Chandler, Gallo, Harrington, Duhon, etc. are doing great in Mike D's system where they are free of all the bad situations brought forth by the Isiah-Marbury era. Marbury is a big joke I would rather have Duhon and his leadership than Marbury.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Imagine if we still had Channing Frye & Trevor Ariza...   Imagine if we still had Channing Frye & Trevor Ariza... EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 4:26 pm

New York would be in the 1st round playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Imagine if we still had Channing Frye & Trevor Ariza...   Imagine if we still had Channing Frye & Trevor Ariza... EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 6:41 pm

Greg Oden-Get well!!!!!!! wrote:
New York would be in the 1st round playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!
They might be this year.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Imagine if we still had Channing Frye & Trevor Ariza...   Imagine if we still had Channing Frye & Trevor Ariza... EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 6:44 pm

Along with you, I don't get why Balkman isn't getting more playing time...we lost Linas Kleiza who played a lot of SF minutes...now there's Melo and Joey Graham, but I think Balkman should share minutes with Graham for backup.

But the Knicks keeping Ariza, Frye, and Balkman would be a defensive nightmare (and an offensive one with Harrington, Chandler, and Lee already)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imagine if we still had Channing Frye & Trevor Ariza...   Imagine if we still had Channing Frye & Trevor Ariza... Empty

Back to top Go down

Imagine if we still had Channing Frye & Trevor Ariza...
Page 1 of 1