Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded!

Go down 
+23
MC-dizzle
brownie13
3-peat
wallshingtonwizard
Chris
King Of NJ
Darko
KALINA GOOO GIANTS!
Saeed
Chosen One
JC45
Nick C
#1 Rockets Fan
lozan :)
No Longer DEAD
YS
Tar Heel
EM:)
Janet
Fox News
OhYouMadCuzImStylinOnYa?!
Andy's swingman ;)
Koolish
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Koolish
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Koolish

Female Posts : 2765

Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded! Empty
PostSubject: Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded!   Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded! EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 11:12 pm

He sucks, all he can do is score. We should really trade him for some cash and a young player. If Martin returns it would ruin the team chemistry! If we don't trade Martin.. I'm gonna be so pissed.

Sad
Back to top Go down
Andy's swingman ;)
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Andy's swingman ;)

Male Posts : 925

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded!   Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded! EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 11:14 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded! 218417
Back to top Go down
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Female Posts : 11937

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded!   Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded! EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 11:14 pm

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded!   Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded! EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 11:15 pm

finally grew a brain i see...great
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

Female Posts : 9485

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded!   Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded! EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 11:17 pm

Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded! 588709
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/JanetYFFL
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded!   Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded! EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 11:18 pm

I'd take him...

You want Nate Robinson?
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded!   Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded! EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 11:23 pm

/Kmart is the same as nate..just slightly taller
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded!   Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded! EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 11:24 pm

Finally! Koolish understands! Trade him before he's injured again and teams realize what a mistake it would be to take him! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Koolish
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Koolish

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded!   Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded! EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 11:27 pm

Sad

Get my hint guys
Back to top Go down
Koolish
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Koolish

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded!   Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded! EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 11:28 pm

VISA wrote:
finally grew a brain i see...great

Once you get a brain, then I'll get one too.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded!   Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded! EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 11:30 pm

K-Mart is 100x the player Nate is though. K-Mart may be a chucker, like Nate and may not have a grasp of other intangibles besides the offensive side of the ball. But, K-Mart is a much better offensive player than Nate not even close and he also passes better and rebounds about the same as Nate. Not to mention K-Mart actually has seen a playoff series before and hit a huge gamewinner in the playoffs against the defending champions at the time. Nate is not the type of player that can be the 1st option on offense on a team or the guy to give the ball down the stretch to. I'd take a Nate and Curry (2 expiring contracts) for a K-Mart & Thomas (expiring contract) any day of the week. Curry isn't good either, but he's better than Thomas and better than Sean May that's for sure. Maybe in Westphal's system he can give them bench scoring in the paint and put other teams in foul trouble. Just be prepared for him to committe multiple turnovers and grab virtually no rebounds. However, Nate & Curry are expiring contracts that SAC can use. I would have no problems with K-Mart in NY and NY keeping Thomas's expiring contract or buying it out.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded!   Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded! EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 11:34 pm

Well...good thing you realized this now...
Back to top Go down
Koolish
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Koolish

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded!   Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded! EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 11:45 pm

I would never want this. This was part of a bet. Lakers vs kings. Kings lost and Janet had to tell me to do something and I would have to do it. So yah. Martin SHOULD NOT be traded. lol
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded!   Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded! EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 11:49 pm

No, he should. You just don't want to accept it. My favorite is this one:

"The Kings have a potential superstar in Tyreke Evans, only he's definitely not a point guard … which means he plays the same position as the best guy on their team (Kevin Martin, currently injured). And Martin's favorable contract ($46 million through 2013) gives him real value despite his bad luck with dopey injuries. I'd compare him to Jeff Hornacek in the early '90s -- a very good offensive player who'd be even better on a contender.

Package Martin with Kenny Thomas' expiring contract for future assets. Biggest no-brainer of this column. Move now. For example …

Martin/Thomas to Utah for Andrei Kirilenko (expires in 2011), Kyle Korver's EC, $3 million (not a problem because Utah still saves $3.2 million with the difference in salaries, plus another $3.2 million in luxury-tax money) and the rights to New York's unprotected first-round pick in 2010.

(Hold on, we have to wait a few seconds for every Knicks fan to stop shaking his or her head. Just a few more seconds. Hold on. Hold on. Hold on. And … we're good.)

I love this trade. For one thing, a Martin-Deron Williams backcourt would be loads of fun (shades of Utah teaming Hornacek and Stockton back in the day). Utah gets damned close to being under the luxury tax. Sacramento gets a gigantic expiring contract for next season (Kirilenko's $17.8 million), another scrappy, balls-to-the-wall guy (Kirilenko again), an official "this is your team" announcement to Evans AND a lottery ticket for the John Wall Sweepstakes. Everyone wins."

Last edited by CAguystukinNC on Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded!   Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded! EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 11:49 pm

Doubt it...

Too late to cover it up...
You've admitted it.....its a good thing though...
Back to top Go down
Koolish
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Koolish

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded!   Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded! EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 12:02 am

CAguy-
wrong, we need Martin right now so badly! We can't close our games and in OT's our offense sucks ass. Martin can so help us. We kings fan know how badly we need Martin. You fans just follow yahoo sports and those stupid article writers!
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded!   Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded! EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 12:03 am

Kevin Martin would be the player that NY needs to get Mike D's system rolling again. I mean it's good that NY is winning with defense, but NY can't withstand leads shooting the way that they have most recently. It's amazing that we had a win streak playing like that offensively. Martin would help NY have assurance offensively when the pick n' roll is being blocked by opposing team's. Mike D's NY team relies too much on the pick n' roll, something that Mike was not used to in PHX as much and had to make due to what worked best in NY. However, what is 65% of our offense isn't working right now and we need to get better perimeter shooters, Plus, Martin in NY would only strengthen the idea of getting Chris Bosh paired up with Rudy Gay, Joe Johnson, or Michael Redd for the upcoming season.

PG. CHRIS DUHON
SG. KEVIN MARTIN
SF. WILSON CHANDLER
PF. DANILO GALLINARI
C. DAVID LEE
6. Al Harrington
7. Larry Hughes
8. Jonathan Bender/Toney Douglas

Partable expiring contracts:

Kenny Thomas
Larry Hughes
Marcus Landry
Cuttino Mobley
Trade Jeffries for another expiring contract
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded!   Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded! EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 12:05 am

Koolish, can you imagine how great a backcourt of Wall and Evans could be? The Kings would certainly be in the running for him...
Back to top Go down
Koolish
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Koolish

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded!   Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded! EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 12:18 am

CAguystukinNC wrote:
Koolish, can you imagine how great a backcourt of Wall and Evans could be? The Kings would certainly be in the running for him...

Ha I don't think that trade would be possible.. What about a explosive duo, Martin and Evans?
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded!   Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded! EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 12:24 am

K-Mart is a good scorer...but that's bout it.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded!   Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded! EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 12:32 am

Wait...

Eddy Curry for Kevin Martin goes through in NBA trade machine. I mean yes K-Mart is under contract for 4 years and we would lose out in trading away one of our expiring contracts in Eddy Curry, but K-Mart's paycheck is slightly less than Eddy Curry's, so NY would save up this year and have some additional bonus money to give a Bosh/Gay alliance in NY this upcoming summer. NY is still loaded with expiring contracts and if they can trade Jeffries for a solid player/expiring contract to replace the loss of Curry's expiring contract then NY can still be under cap no worries even with K-Mart. Smile
Back to top Go down
Andy's swingman ;)
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Andy's swingman ;)

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded!   Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded! EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 12:50 am

Kevin Martin sucks that is all
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded!   Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded! EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 12:55 am

JAED LOVES ME wrote:
K-Mart is a good scorer...but that's bout it.

23 ppg on 40% shoooting? ehh
Back to top Go down
Koolish
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Koolish

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded!   Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded! EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 12:57 am

Y'all are duckin dumbasses! Evans and Martin will make a great backcourt! Tired...
Back to top Go down
Andy's swingman ;)
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Andy's swingman ;)

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded!   Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded! EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 am

what's a duckin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded!   Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded! Empty

Back to top Go down

Kevin Martin SHOULD get traded!
Page 1 of 13Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next