Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

How do people like J.J. Redick now?

Go down 
+3
brownie13
3-peat
wallshingtonwizard
7 posters
AuthorMessage
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

How do people like J.J. Redick now? Empty
PostSubject: How do people like J.J. Redick now?   How do people like J.J. Redick now? EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 2:47 am

From 2002-2006 he was the most hated basketball player in the world. Today, it's LeBron James and Kobe Bryant. During his first couple of years, he was a bench warmer and most Americans thought he'd be a bust. Last year, he finally got some PT after the Magic shifted some guards outta there and Jameer Nelson got injured, and he got considerable minutes in the playoffs and the finals, and now the Magic at least cheer for him even if the state of North Carolina minus the Duke campus still wants to burn him at the stake. Obviously this year, Redick is playing quite well as a combo guard now, though mostly at SG of course and is not that bad of a defender as compared with his college days though I still don't think he's a great defender. To add to his life, like it is with most NBA players, he's now engaged (good thing unless he got advice from Tiger) and he's making a rap album out of all that poetry he made in college and after (uh, is he collaborating with Shaq on that one?).

I think one of the main testaments to Redick's NBA improvement has been his physique. Here are pictures of him as the Duke haters would like to know him as:

How do people like J.J. Redick now? 06041210
How do people like J.J. Redick now? Jj-red10

Here he is over the last few years while with the Magic:
How do people like J.J. Redick now? Jj2110
How do people like J.J. Redick now? Redick10
How do people like J.J. Redick now? Jj_red10

So now that Redick is now better known as a guard for the Orlando Magic rather than as that white kid from Duke, would you want him to be on your team as a backup point guard/shooting guard at least and do you think he's now a legit NBA player, instead of the projected bust that most of America thought he'd be even after trying?
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

Male Posts : 14345

PostSubject: Re: How do people like J.J. Redick now?   How do people like J.J. Redick now? EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 2:51 am

lol @ Advice from Tiger woods, Yea i would want him on my team, He's efficient and can shoot long range, I also seen he has a driving game too. He's much better now then he was early last season and before that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/kobefanz/profile
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: How do people like J.J. Redick now?   How do people like J.J. Redick now? EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 2:52 am

J.J. who? =P
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: How do people like J.J. Redick now?   How do people like J.J. Redick now? EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 3:06 am

Fly Away wrote:
lol @ Advice from Tiger woods, Yea i would want him on my team, He's efficient and can shoot long range, I also seen he has a driving game too. He's much better now then he was early last season and before that.

He is MUCH more natural with driving to the hoop today than his junior and senior years of college, where it looked forced, even though he wasn't forcing his drives most of the time.

Even his high school highlights from the Virginia AAA Boys Basketball championship game in 2002 show that his drives weren't as fluid as they are today. The high school he played against is an inner city school in Richmond that usually contends for the title every year. His high school in Roanoke, Cave Spring split in half to form another high school the year after he graduated and was a shot away from winning the AA title (they went down a class because they split in half) the year after so his team wasn't a bunch of scrubs plus LeBron (in the form of Redick of course). They were a good team.

And the advice from Tiger, it may not be much of a joke, since Tiger lives in Disney World...
Back to top Go down
J
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
J

Male Posts : 2286

PostSubject: Re: How do people like J.J. Redick now?   How do people like J.J. Redick now? EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 3:07 am

I think he is better remembered as the White kid from Duke. That's where he made his legacy.

I REALLY want to hear that album. haha
Back to top Go down
J
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
J

Male Posts : 2286

PostSubject: Re: How do people like J.J. Redick now?   How do people like J.J. Redick now? EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 3:08 am

But I would agree with you that he is forging a path from NBA mediocrity. He is getting better, and as you showed, undoubtedly bigger.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: How do people like J.J. Redick now?   How do people like J.J. Redick now? EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 3:13 am

I'd say that JJ is more toned and has more all around athleticism now than four or even two years ago rather than being necessarily a lot more ripped. Since he's not even in the prime of his career (barring injuries), I do think he's gotten faster and is a bit stronger to compensate his height deficiency at SG, and to make up the speed difference at PG. He now can run a team decently, though it is of course a championship contending team. Then again, we said the same about Rajan Rondo as a mediocre PG who had superior talent around him. But that talent made Rondo a great player himself and we're seeing the same thing with JJ. Dwight, Vince, Jameer, Rashard, Hedo (then), Ryan Anderson (now), Pietrus, Jason Williams (to mentor him in the PG role). That's some great talent to be around assuming you put your end of the work in.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: How do people like J.J. Redick now?   How do people like J.J. Redick now? EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 8:49 am

J.J Redick is better player then he was in college

Atleast he isn't hated now.I have seen some NBA highlights from him,he could become great Shooting Guard if he learnes to score better,defend and pass good.He'll be better in the future
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: How do people like J.J. Redick now?   How do people like J.J. Redick now? EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 9:43 am

Well to add on the rap project, it's with Ryan Anderson. Maybe Superman will sing too and Shaq will be a guest artist. Perhaps Ron and AI are trying to get some spots too.

Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: How do people like J.J. Redick now?   How do people like J.J. Redick now? EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 11:34 am

Wow,that will be awsome Razz
Back to top Go down
VP
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
VP

Male Posts : 517

PostSubject: Re: How do people like J.J. Redick now?   How do people like J.J. Redick now? EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 3:42 pm

Yes, Redick has undoubtedly gotten musclier and his shot is still as smooth, but he struggles playing defense because of his height deficiency. Until he becomes an effective defender, he won't really go far. But if he works on it, he can be one of those 3 and D guys like Bruce Bowen and James Posey, among others.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: How do people like J.J. Redick now?   How do people like J.J. Redick now? EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 3:48 pm

"3 and D " ..never heard that...nice!
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: How do people like J.J. Redick now?   How do people like J.J. Redick now? EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 5:01 pm

Vp has great comments in there.Redick had a 20 point game vs the Heat i think
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do people like J.J. Redick now?   How do people like J.J. Redick now? Empty

Back to top Go down

How do people like J.J. Redick now?
Page 1 of 1