Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Gilby is a Gangsta

Go down 
+2
YS
wallshingtonwizard
6 posters
AuthorMessage
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

Gilby is a Gangsta Empty
PostSubject: Gilby is a Gangsta   Gilby is a Gangsta EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 9:44 pm

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/2009/12/arenas-getting-probed-for-gun.html?wprss=wizardsinsider

Team is either underperforming or is just not that good. First he's trying to be angry and doesn't talk to the press and gets fined. Then he starts talking a little. Then he says, "screw it, Agent Zero is back." Now he is in trouble for bringing a chopper to the team locker room. If you're a smart guy, you DON'T bring in your gats, glocks and choppers to the locker room. Is Shaq or Sam I Am really THAT much of a threat for you to bring a gun inside? At least Shaq won't be back in the phone book for the rest of the season, or at least until the playoffs.

Also handgun possession in the District is ILLEGAL unless it is registered. Arenas may be licensed to hold a gun in his home state, VIRGINIA, but definitely not in DC, even if the chances of him getting murdered is 100x higher at Barry Farms.

Last edited by thewiz06 on Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Gilby is a Gangsta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gilby is a Gangsta   Gilby is a Gangsta EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 9:47 pm

He released a statement saying that he handed the guns voluntarily over to the Verizon Center staff after his girl was born (boy I didn't even know that after all this drama!). That's a good thing. But who cares if the guns are unloaded or whatever.. Guns in DC are illegal, even though that violates the 2nd amendment..

This is almost as bad as the Redskins loss to the G Men last Monday...
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

Gilby is a Gangsta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gilby is a Gangsta   Gilby is a Gangsta EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 9:48 pm

Well....its good that he handed the guns over...

But to his defense...
Not many people know the gun laws state to state...
(Even though you should know that especially concerning something as dangerous as guns)
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Gilby is a Gangsta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gilby is a Gangsta   Gilby is a Gangsta EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 9:57 pm

I think he'll get a hefty fine, but you never know, he could be suspended for this, charity act or not. But still it's a boneheaded move for any registered gun owner to bring their 2nd amendment trophies across state lines in the DC area. Maryland and DC are much more strict on it than Virginia, in particular for handguns which is probably what they are. I doubt he'll get charged, unlike Delonte who made Arenas a saint.
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

Gilby is a Gangsta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gilby is a Gangsta   Gilby is a Gangsta EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 10:53 pm

My question is why he would need unloaded guns in the first place. confused
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

Gilby is a Gangsta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gilby is a Gangsta   Gilby is a Gangsta EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 2:16 am

Is it just me or is Gilbert becoming somewhat of a liability to the Wizards franchise?
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

Gilby is a Gangsta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gilby is a Gangsta   Gilby is a Gangsta EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 2:29 am

just WOW
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Gilby is a Gangsta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gilby is a Gangsta   Gilby is a Gangsta EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 2:50 am

Spurs Raptors Fan wrote:
Is it just me or is Gilbert becoming somewhat of a liability to the Wizards franchise?

He is a liability because of the knee, and is in our long term plans whether we like it or not. We can trade Antawn and Caron away if we blow it up today, but NO team, not even the Nets, want Arenas because of those injuries. He's 50/50 in becoming the Wizards most loved player for all time, or being the most hated player of all time, even ahead of Juwan Howard and Kwame Brown who are neck and neck at #1. Every time that man comes to Verizon Center, he still gets booed really loudly.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

Gilby is a Gangsta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gilby is a Gangsta   Gilby is a Gangsta EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 10:45 am

Who cares? everyone keeps a glock..why is it a big deal?

And he's not a liability, He's an allstar gaurd whos only 27..you CAN build a franchise around him!
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

Gilby is a Gangsta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gilby is a Gangsta   Gilby is a Gangsta EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 10:48 am

Did he really bring a "chopper"? i dont see tha in the article
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gilby is a Gangsta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gilby is a Gangsta   Gilby is a Gangsta Empty

Back to top Go down

Gilby is a Gangsta
Page 1 of 1