Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Larry Hughes is back from injury...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

Larry Hughes is back from injury... Empty
PostSubject: Larry Hughes is back from injury...   Larry Hughes is back from injury... EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 7:59 am

Good he's important for NY's team dynamic...He is still able to drop huge scoring games, but doesn't do it as much as he used to. But, when he shoots well it makes us even harder to beat cause when he's scoring well Hughes is dynamite. More importantly though it's either Hughes or Duhon, who are the Knicks best defenders. He is important on the defensive end and he gets a lot of steals and can bring the ball up the court and facilitate. He's played a complete game this season.

Just look at this video where he made nice moves against some very, very, very good defenders, like Kevin Garnett, Dwyane Wade, and Luc Mbah a Moute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rwu20Enr18
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Larry Hughes is back from injury...   Larry Hughes is back from injury... EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 1:18 am

That is good; just in time for Friday when the Knicks compete against your rivals...the Heat.
I know someone will definitely be tuning into that game. Razz
His defense will be helpful for this particular match up.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Larry Hughes is back from injury...   Larry Hughes is back from injury... EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 12:52 pm

lol if we lose there goes my holiday mood. I would be so bummed out if Q-Ball Richardson starts hitting 3's on us, like on opening night. I don't want somebody like him to factor in in beating us Sad
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Larry Hughes is back from injury...   Larry Hughes is back from injury... EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 5:48 pm

Darn, that stinks.
I was rooting for the Knicks but they lost.
Oh well, lol.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Larry Hughes is back from injury...   Larry Hughes is back from injury... EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 3:14 am

Damn it I still hate the Heat minus JO. It was all D.Wade in that game...I'm so pissed that after years of giving it to them we are so far 0-2 against them this season. Damn D-Wade I still don't want him in NY, but great game for him.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Larry Hughes is back from injury...   Larry Hughes is back from injury... EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 3:32 am

Awwww, hope you still enjoyed your Christmas though. Smile
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Larry Hughes is back from injury...   Larry Hughes is back from injury... EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 3:51 am

Yeah it was a good Christmas outside the fact MSG streak was snapped. Hopefully, NY can bounce back and restart it against SA, but I'm not getting my hopes up NY are sure underdogs in this one. Despite, beating them once last year NY have always fell short against SA and Tim Duncan has very consistent and solid performances against NY since the 99' Finals. NY plays hard against them and I think they'll continue to play hard tomorrow, but I don't know about winning. It would be nice though Smile.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Larry Hughes is back from injury...   Larry Hughes is back from injury... EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 4:23 am

Sorry my friend but...

GO SPURS GO! Very Happy

I recall New York beating San Antonio on a few occasions during this decade.
I would need to look it up just to be certain though.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Larry Hughes is back from injury...   Larry Hughes is back from injury... EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 4:26 am

I remember a couple, but it's not all that much I recall winning last season. Nate Robinson played very well that game and Tim Duncan complimented David Lee calling him a player that can do big things in the future. We lost to SA last year too though and a lot during the years too a lot of close ones and some spankings during the Brown-Thomas years.

Go! Knicks!!! Spurs can win any other game and I'd be happy. Not this one though...Tim Duncan can have a very good game I'd like that. Only if we keep Parker/Gino/Jefferson and the supporting cast under wraps lol.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Larry Hughes is back from injury...   Larry Hughes is back from injury... EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 1:27 pm

Nah dude, Spurs need a winning streak to happen, starting with their victory against the Bucks last night and continuing into tonight by beating your Knicks. Respect the Knicks but they're going down homeskillet. Razz Haha, I just remember a few instances of when I was cursing the Knicks out after they beat the Spurs sometime during this decade and my sister laughing at me cause my Spurs were getting owned, haha.

Awww, TD is a class act and he is right, Lee has potential.
Just work on that defense and he will be good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Larry Hughes is back from injury...   Larry Hughes is back from injury... Empty

Back to top Go down

Larry Hughes is back from injury...
Page 1 of 1