Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Mike Brown........

Go down 
+7
Tar Heel
BNB
Raza
Nick C
3-peat
YS
Chosen One
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

Mike Brown........ Empty
PostSubject: Mike Brown........   Mike Brown........ EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 6:30 pm

Is it just me or does Cleveland need to do something about this guy. The last 2 games our offence was horrible....no ball movement whatsoever......just guys dribblin the ball.........And despite Mike's philosophy our defence suked.

My question is do u think Mike Brown might loose his job cause its getting kinda obvious how little of a "true coach" he is. I always knew that he suks at all aspects of coaching but is one of the best defensive motivaters but now more than ever its becoming obvious.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

Mike Brown........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Brown........   Mike Brown........ EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 6:37 pm

Mike Brown is the most suckiest coach I have ever seen...wow...

I'm sorry.....but it looks like Lebron commands more respect of the locker than Mike Brown...
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

Male Posts : 14345

Mike Brown........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Brown........   Mike Brown........ EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 6:39 pm

LOL YS i agree, Mike Brown is a defensive coach, he has no business running the Cavaliers team
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/kobefanz/profile
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

Mike Brown........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Brown........   Mike Brown........ EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 6:47 pm

Yeah. I think Brown is gonna get canned.

He'd be a great defensive coach and assistant. But you have to know more offensive sets than a High School coach man.

CAVS OFFENSIVE PLAY BOOK.

Top of the key... create or shoot.

Top of the key... shoot or create.

Top of the key... bail me out.
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Mike Brown........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Brown........   Mike Brown........ EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 7:04 pm

dam i didnt know kuester's loss was going to be this big.....

Our frontline is also pretty much a disaster......(chemsitry wise)
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Mike Brown........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Brown........   Mike Brown........ EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 7:05 pm

Unfortunately i think Mike will stay......but we at least need another good assistant....or a playbook......
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

Mike Brown........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Brown........   Mike Brown........ EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 7:06 pm

Weren't Cavs fan saying Mike Brown for Coach of the Year last season?
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Mike Brown........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Brown........   Mike Brown........ EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 7:07 pm

I was actually rooting for Van Gundy lsat sesaon.....

Anyways lets just say Mike is a "unique" coach.....

I dont think Gregg Pop's actually taught him the importance of offence.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

Mike Brown........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Brown........   Mike Brown........ EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 8:02 pm

yeah the cavs make Mike brown look good.... he isn't anything special
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

Mike Brown........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Brown........   Mike Brown........ EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 8:50 pm

They should hire Kuester away from Detroit after this season lol...
Back to top Go down

Mike Brown........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Brown........   Mike Brown........ EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 10:06 pm

Mike Brown is the worst coach in the NBA, very overrated... the only reason he got coach of the year is because lebron cleaned up the cavs' slack!
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

Mike Brown........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Brown........   Mike Brown........ EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 11:31 pm

Hopefully, it does not take management long to figure out that the Cavaliers are in need of a coaching replacement. They could then perhaps take a chance on coaches such as Avery Johnson who is available?
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Mike Brown........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Brown........   Mike Brown........ EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 11:32 pm

yeah im surprised that avery hasn't been hired yet
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Mike Brown........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Brown........   Mike Brown........ EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 11:38 pm

Yeah, because he did not do such a a bad job with Dallas I thought. I do not comprehend why he has not been picked up by any other team since his tenure with the Mavericks.
He is a much prreferable option right now than Brown.

One thing I hate to see is management stick with a lousy coach for a long period of time until it is too late to fix the damage that has already been done by the coach. For example, when it took Raps management an eternity it seemed to fire Sam Mitchell and they waited until he pretty much ruined the Raptors season before he was canned.

The same, hopefully, should not happen with the Cavaliers. Though, I think management may be hesitant to fire Brown so swiftly because he just won Coach of the Year (which, to me, is losing its prestige somewhat due to some of the past recipients). So he may stick around for a bit...
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Mike Brown........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Brown........   Mike Brown........ EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 11:41 pm

well the pistons offered Avery a job and he declined.

but I agree with what you said about mike brown for the most part.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

Mike Brown........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Brown........   Mike Brown........ EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 6:37 am

omfg.. agreed..
The offense is just ... stagnent..

It kills me to see the Raptors ddriving to the rim better, and setting more picks and screens than the Cavs..
And they're doing both a lot better.

I'm not saying drop MIke Brown completely.. but put him on probation..
wait!
Sign Avery.. promate him to HC.
Demote Brown.
Set him as a defensive assistant
eh? eh?

ANd raza, it's been a whole playoffs where we were championship favorites.. and blew it, and two absolutely terrible games.
Opinions change when things go bad.. human nature.
How can we help that?
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

Mike Brown........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Brown........   Mike Brown........ EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 6:42 am

but mike brown is just sooooo sexy and draws all the single ladies to the games LOL
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Mike Brown........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Brown........   Mike Brown........ EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 10:59 am

◄ϻя. ҒᴀƂʊʃ♂ʊs► wrote:
but mike brown is just sooooo sexy and draws all the single ladies to the games LOL

lol!

Agreed.

CBI, that is a good point too - he could be demoted to defensive coach and then they hire someone else. The only thing is that Mike obviously may not take that too well, haha.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

Mike Brown........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Brown........   Mike Brown........ EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 12:00 am

When a team experiences this much success including one Finals appearance and three of the last four Eastern Conference Finals appearances, it makes almost no sense to sack the coach. Brown is a hell of a coach and the Cavs have added new elements to an otherwise elite team. Perhaps it's going to take a little time, but unless LeBron gets a torn meniscus or a broken wrist, they're gonna be among the Elite in the East. Look at what Detroit did to Flip Saunders and what happened to their team soon after. You can argue that he "lost the team" but even then he still got the Pistons to be an elite team.

The Cavs have the #1 PG in the NBA named LeBron James. They know he's a pass first, score second guy, and need to add a true score first guy which they don't have. That will solve many of their offensive problems if they have any to begin with. Instead, they get other pass first guys. No matter what, James is gonna score 25 or more anyway on average. But you need a Josh Smith or a Amare type player to complement him, because James is the Cavs' perimeter threat. Smith and Amare are guys that score first not pass first and those type of personas could work real well with James in the post Shaqalier era.

Mike Brown should remain as the Head coach. Firing him now will make the Cavs this year's Pistons, and if they get an injury to LeBron, they will be this year's Wizards.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Sponsored content

Mike Brown........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Brown........   Mike Brown........ Empty

Back to top Go down

Mike Brown........
Page 1 of 1