Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Antonio Daniels cut by T-Wolves, Brent Barry cut by Rockets, most surprising cuts to finish rosters

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

Antonio Daniels cut by T-Wolves, Brent Barry cut by Rockets, most surprising cuts to finish rosters Empty
PostSubject: Antonio Daniels cut by T-Wolves, Brent Barry cut by Rockets, most surprising cuts to finish rosters   Antonio Daniels cut by T-Wolves, Brent Barry cut by Rockets, most surprising cuts to finish rosters EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 10:15 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4589879
Daniels

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4589517
Barry

Yeah, two very surprising cuts imo. Hopefully they both get signed to a good team come mid-season or following an injury.
Back to top Go down
J
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
J

Male Posts : 2286

Antonio Daniels cut by T-Wolves, Brent Barry cut by Rockets, most surprising cuts to finish rosters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Antonio Daniels cut by T-Wolves, Brent Barry cut by Rockets, most surprising cuts to finish rosters   Antonio Daniels cut by T-Wolves, Brent Barry cut by Rockets, most surprising cuts to finish rosters EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 10:20 pm

I think the Mavericks cutting Jake Voshkul was ridiculous. Admittedly he is not the greatest player to grace the court, but he's probably even better than Dampier. Plus, he only costs around 800K a year, compared to Dampier's parasite contract. They should have kept Voshkul.

As for Brent Barry, that might just be an internal problem. He'll get signed no doubt though.

Antonio Daniels I can understand. He's too good to bench, but his minutes might stunt the growth of their supposed team savior Johnny Flynn, who had a pretty good pre-season game last night.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Daniels cut by T-Wolves, Brent Barry cut by Rockets, most surprising cuts to finish rosters   Antonio Daniels cut by T-Wolves, Brent Barry cut by Rockets, most surprising cuts to finish rosters EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 12:48 am

Wow, I am kinda surprised by those cuts.
Still, I believe that they will be wearing an NBA uniform soon enough - depending on which teams are in need of a players such as these guys.

Brent Barry may have a more difficult time finding a team to take him because he is slightly older than the other guys but it isn't impossible.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Daniels cut by T-Wolves, Brent Barry cut by Rockets, most surprising cuts to finish rosters   Antonio Daniels cut by T-Wolves, Brent Barry cut by Rockets, most surprising cuts to finish rosters EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 12:54 am

AD will sign with a contending team, Minny released him because he wanted no part in being a mentor for a team that is supposed to suck. There are already rumors that he will join the enemy.... a/k/a Cleveland. Daniels knows when to pass when to drive, and doesn't turn the ball over!

Barry was on NBA TV doing team previews last time I was flipping through on FIOS.

As with Voskhul, he's gotta be decent in limited minutes.

If anything, some teams may be making these "surprising" cuts because the economy sucks right now. Sure the GDP went up and the stocks are going up but it still hasn't most rich people yet to go and spend more dough. After all the Pistons got rid of the Detroit Shock and a number of teams are doubly trying to shed salary this year to avoid the tax, much less to anticipate next year's free agent season which will not see that many players change teams.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Daniels cut by T-Wolves, Brent Barry cut by Rockets, most surprising cuts to finish rosters   Antonio Daniels cut by T-Wolves, Brent Barry cut by Rockets, most surprising cuts to finish rosters Empty

Back to top Go down

Antonio Daniels cut by T-Wolves, Brent Barry cut by Rockets, most surprising cuts to finish rosters
Page 1 of 1