Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now?

Go down 
+5
KD35
Saeed
J
Fox News
Darko
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now? Empty
PostSubject: Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now?   Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 4:46 pm

Make your own list of 10 centers.Don't forget Camby Very Happy.Please don't count PFs playing center.Only centers

Last edited by Darko on Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ....................)
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now?   Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 5:12 pm

Hello?????????Anyone to answer
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now?   Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 5:24 pm

1. Howard ( great shotblocker even though 90% of them are uncalled goaltends, He's still an intimidator)

2. Camby( best shot blocker in the NBA, but he's slender thats why he got # 2 instead of 1)

3. Okafor ( block after block after block)

4. Shaq( doesn't have great defensive stats but noone scores on him, Not everything shows up on the stat sheet)

5. haywood ( great shot blocker and gets steals in teh low post)

6. Noah ( good post defender,decent blocker but he gets steals very well)

7. Perkins( scary defender,physical, and always holds shaq,dwight,yao,al, all to under 18 pts)

8. chandler ( defensive game changer, with blocks,rebounds,steals, The most atheletic big in the NBA)

9.NE-NE( is a good defender when he tries but he dont husle back in transition)

10. pryzbilla ( great help defender, Rugged, PErfect defensive stance, Can't be moved even by players that are bigger than him)

These guys actual rank might be messed up, but all of these guys are top 10.

HONERABLE MENTIONS: Oden,hibbert,robin lopez,dalembert.

Last edited by VISA on Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now?   Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 5:25 pm

I did top 10 because top 5 seems stupid to me.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now?   Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 6:17 pm

1.Dwight Howard-The league leader in both rebounding and shot blocking.Best on all of those things and is arguably the best defensive center in the league at the moment.He also won his 1st DPOY

2.Marcus Camby-When healthy,he's one of the best defenders overall in the game and is arguably enough good too be on the place where i have putten now.4x league leader in shot blocking and won 2x DPOYS.He's just old now

3.Greg Oden-Some of you maybe will repley but this guy is great rebounder,shot blocker and post defender.He did do great against one of the best centers in the league in his 1st year and in the second year will be better and better.Oden is great defensive center

4.Kendrick Perkins-Good defensive stopper,hustles a lot,rebounds and blocks good enough.He could have the status of Dwight stopper

5.Shaq-Not everyhting is in the stats but this guy is still good defender,rebounder and shot blocker.He has a lot of blocking skills,but the problem is all of those skills are under-rated

6.Andris Biedris-Just to be healthy and will be be better defensive center in guard orintaed game

7.Joakim Noah-Great defensive center and gets a lot of steals

8.Tyson Chandler-Athletic big man,great defensive presence and most athletic big man at the moment

9.Nene

10.Przylia
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now?   Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 7:45 pm

How did oden make this list? seriously darko, Thats very biased. Oden is a good defender but not top 10.
Back to top Go down
J
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
J

Male Posts : 2286

PostSubject: Re: Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now?   Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 8:00 pm

Where\'s Chris Andersen??
he plays center in the Nuggets lineup. Trust me. 5 game series.

Also Rasheed Wallace

Last edited by J on Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now?   Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 8:00 pm

he's a strong-forward
Back to top Go down
J
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
J

PostSubject: Re: Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now?   Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 8:03 pm

do you mean small forward?

I don't think you do, but you are putting a dash.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now?   Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 8:07 pm

strongforward means powerforward, And he's a PF playing center, Darko said not to mention those.
Back to top Go down
J
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
J

PostSubject: Re: Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now?   Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 8:10 pm

is that colloquial to DC?
I see where Darko says that, you are right. Personally I'd play him at center though. All they really have is him, Nene, and Martin.

As for Rasheed? He is a center.
Yao Ming has to be on this list.
Chris Bosh.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now?   Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 8:12 pm

Bosh= PF

Rasheed= PF that moves to center

and yao= not that great of a defender. He's 7ft6 and averaged 2.3 BPG. Not very impressive
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

PostSubject: Re: Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now?   Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 8:15 pm

Seriously Darko, Oden isn't top 5. Putting him in the top 10 is a bit bias. BUT #3?!?

1. Dwight Howard
2. Marcus Camby
3. Al Jefferson
4. Emeka Okafor
5. Chris Bosh
HM: Nene, Bynum, O'Neal

Notice: No Oden. Smile
Back to top Go down
J
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
J

PostSubject: Re: Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now?   Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 8:15 pm

Bro, I thought CB4 started at center, I'm pretty sure he is a center... he just has more skill than the whack centers that play right now
Sheed is a center.
And How is 2.3 not impressive? haha. It's not like he is always defending the shots. He can't goaltend.

Oh well. I guess we can agree to disagree. haha
Back to top Go down
J
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
J

PostSubject: Re: Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now?   Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 8:16 pm

I do not think Al Jefferson is defensively better than Emeka Okafor.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now?   Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 8:18 pm

2.3 would normally be impressive but he's 7 ft 6, he should average atleast 4 BPG. And CB4 starts at center but he don't really defend other centers, He plays a garnett perimiter type game, And sheed aint a center on D...
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

PostSubject: Re: Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now?   Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 8:19 pm

We all have different opinions. To me, AJ is a beast on defense, yet is so under-rated. I guess maybe the fact that he is under-rated, made me over-rate him.

That is what sucks about the f#cking media.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now?   Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 8:19 pm

LMAO @ SK putting al jefferson, HJe isn't a top 200 defender in the NBA, thats the knock on him. charley rosen predicted he would be the next Zbo...no defense playing bigman
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now?   Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 8:20 pm

sk wrote:
We all have different opinions. To me, AJ is a beast on defense, yet is so under-rated. I guess maybe the fact that he is under-rated, made me over-rate him.

AJ a beast on D? Say no to drugs SK... :SMH:
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now?   Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 8:21 pm

Biedrins,Okafur,Chandler are all up there. Top 2 obviously is between Dwight and Camby. Shaq and Perkins are good defenders as well.
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

PostSubject: Re: Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now?   Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 9:29 pm

VISA wrote:
sk wrote:

AJ a beast on D? Say no to drugs SK... Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now? 286711

Am I missing something?

I've only watched him play once. He had 3 blocks that game.

Sorry guys.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now?   Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now? EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 6:13 am

Oden is great defender,you don';t have to agree with this opinion but he's great on that end of the floor no mather you don't acepting it
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now?   Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now? EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 6:14 am

sk wrote:
VISA wrote:
sk wrote:

AJ a beast on D? Say no to drugs SK... Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now? 286711

Am I missing something?

I've only watched him play once. He had 3 blocks that game.

Sorry guys.

I watched Oden when he had like 6 blocks and 2 blocks.He must be something........
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now?   Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now? EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 6:15 am

And i agree with VISA on something

AJ=Top 200 Defender
Back to top Go down
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
EM:)

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now?   Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now? EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 11:49 pm

Yao Ming
Dwight Howard
Shaquille O'Neal
Marcus Camby
Andrew Bogut
Al Jefferson
Rasheed Wallace
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Emeka Okafor
Brad Miller
Greg Oden
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now?   Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who are the best defensive centers in the NBA now?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next