Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

How to get Final Cut Pro work with DVD recorder footage

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lydia622520
College Baller
College Baller

How to get Final Cut Pro work with DVD recorder footage Empty
PostSubject: How to get Final Cut Pro work with DVD recorder footage   How to get Final Cut Pro work with DVD recorder footage EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 4:06 am

Summary: If you want to import DVD recorder footage to Final Cut Pro X or FCP 7 for smooth editing, first thing you need to do is to convert DVD recoding files to Apple ProRes, the FCP most compatible video format. Here is how.

Have a Sony DVD recorder and want to edit the resulting files in Final Cut Pro, which are VOB. What format should I convert DVD recorder footage to Final Cut Pro X and what software do I need to do the conversion? I'm looking for quality preservation.

Via Googling, I got know that to edit DVD recorder files in FCP 7/X, the best solution is to encode DVD recorder footage to Apple ProRes along with the help from a 3rd party video convert app. To change DVD recorder footage to FCP compatible format, without losing video quality, Brorsoft Video Converter for Mac would be an ideal choice. It could take the convenience of .VOB to ProRes 422 conversion as a quick and simple-accessible task. With the user-friendly software you can achieve your aim in only three steps.

Note: If the DVD recording footage is finalized to disk and end up with a normal DVD structure (Video TS folder with multiple titles), you need Brorsoft DVD Ripping software Mac for help. It’s a professional DVD ripper that can help Mac users to convert DVD to kinds of video files including MOV, MKV, AVI, MP4, M4V, ProRes, AIC, DNxHD, MPEG, etc.

How to Convert DVD recorder footage .VOB to ProRes for FCP X/7

1. Add DVD recording files

Launch the DVD recorder file converter. To add files, you can just drag video from your file folders to the list in the operating window, or head to Add button to choose the file you want to convert.

Tip: You can check the “Merge into one” box to merge several avi video files together for easier editing.

2. Set output format

Press "Format" option and navigate the mouse cursor to choose "Format > Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)" as the best codec for FCP 6/7 and FCP X on Mac.

Tip: Adjust the video and audio parameters, including the Bitrate of Video&Audio, Video Size, Sample Rate, Frame Rate, Audio Channels, etc., by clicking the Settings button on the main interface for getting the best quality.

3. Start conversion

Tap "Convert" button on the main interface to start converting DVD recorder footage to ProRes.

After the conversion, it is easy to import DVD recorder footage to Final Cut Pro 7/X for further editing.

Source:How to Convert DVD recorder footage .VOB to ProRes for FCP X/7
Quote :
http://format-changes.over-blog.com/2014/10/convert-dvd-recorder-footage-to-final-cut-pro-x-fcp-7.html
Back to top Go down

How to get Final Cut Pro work with DVD recorder footage
Page 1 of 1