Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

How to Work Sony F55 media in Adobe Premiere CC

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lydia622520
College Baller
College Baller

How to Work Sony F55 media in Adobe Premiere CC  Empty
PostSubject: How to Work Sony F55 media in Adobe Premiere CC    How to Work Sony F55 media in Adobe Premiere CC  EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 3:51 am

Summary: Follow the guide you can convert Sony XAVC files from Sony F55 to Adobe Premier Pro most compatible format for editing flawlessly.

Sony’s F55 is the chameleon camera. It supports cinematography—and live television broadcasting. It shoots onboard 4K—and also 2K/HD. The point here, you will find it a painful experience to import and edit Sony F55 (4K) XAVC in Adobe Premiere Pro software. There’re some frequently asked questions quoted as below.

Q1: F55 Raw plugin Premiere Pro CC

Hi, I'm still getting an error when trying to import Sony F55 raw footage into Premiere CC after having installed the latest 1.2 plugin. Any suggestions?

Q2: How to import footage from Sony F55 to Premiere CS6?

I'm going to shoot a project on HD with a Sony F55 (not in 2k or 4k). My DoP has given me some test footage, but I am unable to import the footage into Premiere Pro…

As far as I know, XAVC is a new recording format which can support 4K resolution (4096 * 2160 and 3840 * 2160) at up to 60 fps. However, XAVC is still not as popular as other kinds of video formats such as AVCHD and MXF. So when you import 4K footage to Premiere Pro from Sony F55 for further editing, you may encounter some format compatibility or video/audio synchronization problems.

To solve those problems, the quick workaround is to transcode XAVC files to Premiere Pro natively supported formats (MPG/WMV/MOV are highly recommended). Along with some help from third-party software, it can be done effortlessly. Here I share a simple guide on how to transcode Sony F55 XAVC files for Adobe Premier Pro CC/CS6/CS5. If you’re facing the issues, read on to find the answer.

Downloading the App- Brorsoft Video Converter for Mac

Overall, the program is the best Video Converter for Soy XAVC footage. With this XAVC video converter, you can effortlessly transcode XAVC to MPEG-2 or MOV, which will create an Adobe Premiere friendly file format keeping the original quality. Besides Premiere, this software can also export DNxHD for Avid, ProRes for FCP, Apple InterMediate Codec for iMovie and more NLE systems for native editing. For Widows users, Video Converter is the alternative choice. Just download it and follow the tutorial below to get the work done.

Convert/Import Sony XAVC videos to Premiere Pro

Step 1: Add XAVC video files

Install and launch the XAVC converter Mac and load source XAVC clips to it.

Step 2: Choose output format

Click “Format” pull down list to select Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas> MPEG-2(*.mpg) as the best video format for Premiere Pro. WMV, MOV formats are the good choice as well.

Tip - Profile Settings:
In case the default settings do not fit your requirement, you can click “Settings” button and enter “Profile Settings” panel to adjust video size, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channels.

Step 3: Start Sony F55 XAVC video conversion

Click “Convert” button to start encoding Sony F55 XAVC video to MPG/MOV/WMV for importing to Premiere Pro CS4/CS5/CS6/CC. When the conversion task is finished, click “Open” button to get the exported files and then import the converted Sony F55 footage into Adobe Premiere Pro to do further editing.

Source:Transcode Sony F55 XAVC to Premiere Pro

Quote :
http://hanycam-hd-clips-ingesting.overblog.com/2014/10/xavc-to-mpeg-2-transcode-sony-f55-xavc-to-premiere-pro.html
Back to top Go down

How to Work Sony F55 media in Adobe Premiere CC
Page 1 of 1