Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Lockout drawing Joakim Noah to play in France?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 1066

Lockout drawing Joakim Noah to play in France? Empty
PostSubject: Lockout drawing Joakim Noah to play in France?   Lockout drawing Joakim Noah to play in France? EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 6:07 pm

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/30587060

Joakim Noah will be playing in France for the National team for the summer., during the lockout. What do you think about this? Overall, I think it's a questionable decision of him being such a big part of a team like the Bulls, I remember how worried the Spurs were when Tony Parker played in France was were worried that he'd get injured.

Last edited by Mo on Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Lockout drawing Joakim Noah to play in France?   Lockout drawing Joakim Noah to play in France? EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 6:48 pm

LOL. I think you misunderstand this, Mo.

Joakim Noah is playing for the French NATIONAL team in the Euro Championship. It even says in the first paragraph of the article:

"No, not in the Deron Williams way of signing a contract to play professionally. According to ESPN Chicago, Noah is planning to play for Team France in the Euro Championship this August and September."

He's not signing with a team to play with for the season...he's just representing his country at the World Championships, just like Manu Ginobili does with Argentina, or Tony Parker does with France, or Dirk does with Germany. It really isn't a big deal.
Back to top Go down
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Lockout drawing Joakim Noah to play in France?   Lockout drawing Joakim Noah to play in France? EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 8:01 pm

No Longer DEAD wrote:
LOL. I think you misunderstand this, Mo.

Joakim Noah is playing for the French NATIONAL team in the Euro Championship. It even says in the first paragraph of the article:

"No, not in the Deron Williams way of signing a contract to play professionally. According to ESPN Chicago, Noah is planning to play for Team France in the Euro Championship this August and September."

He's not signing with a team to play with for the season...he's just representing his country at the World Championships, just like Manu Ginobili does with Argentina, or Tony Parker does with France, or Dirk does with Germany. It really isn't a big deal.

I realized what he was doing, I just worded it oddly, lol.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Lockout drawing Joakim Noah to play in France?   Lockout drawing Joakim Noah to play in France? EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 8:02 pm

Typical Ben, assuming he has more knowledge than someone else.
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Lockout drawing Joakim Noah to play in France?   Lockout drawing Joakim Noah to play in France? EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 9:41 pm

Dub-C wrote:
Typical Ben, assuming he has more knowledge than someone else.

I am smarter than everyone here. My thoughts and ideas will revolutionize the world. My opinion matters more than yours. I shall be regarded as a king some day.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Lockout drawing Joakim Noah to play in France?   Lockout drawing Joakim Noah to play in France? EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:13 pm

I don't think teams should ever hold a player from playing for his country even in a lockout situation. The lockout feelings will likely not set in until October when games would be missed.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lockout drawing Joakim Noah to play in France?   Lockout drawing Joakim Noah to play in France? Empty

Back to top Go down

Lockout drawing Joakim Noah to play in France?
Page 1 of 1