Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Kings Broadcast Team Cries at the end of yesterday's game; Penguins co-owner attempts to buy Kings and keep them in town.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

Kings Broadcast Team Cries at the end of yesterday's game; Penguins co-owner attempts to buy Kings and keep them in town. Empty
PostSubject: Kings Broadcast Team Cries at the end of yesterday's game; Penguins co-owner attempts to buy Kings and keep them in town.   Kings Broadcast Team Cries at the end of yesterday's game; Penguins co-owner attempts to buy Kings and keep them in town. EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 9:52 pm

This breaks my heart watching Comcast SportsNet announcers Jerry Reynolds and Grant Napier literally break down in front of the camera. Sure, the Kings played like Serfs this year, but why does LA need a third NBA team except for the purposes of possibly tapping into the Lakers Season Ticket Holder Waiting List? The Kings have a good fanbase as well, and they don't deserve to lose their team, like what happened to Seattle.

Meanwhile, Kevin Johnson,the mayor of Sacramento has announced that Ron Burkle a billionaire investor and co-owner of the Pittsburgh Penguins is interested in buying the team and keeping the team in Sacramento. He is from the west coast, I think he's from LA as well, but he is interested in keeping the team there considering that when he bought the Penguins with former NHL and Penguin great Mario Lemieux, the team was in bankruptcy and could easily have moved out of town but they stayed. I'm confident that he'll be able to take the reins for the Kings if the Maloofs see that their relocation plan has been folded.

A growing amount of owners besides the Clippers and Lakers are not in favor of the relocation so the move may not happen, though if most of the owners approve of it, that doesn't necessarily mean that the Maloofs will close shop the next day, if Burkle can buy the team somehow. To me I still think we'll see three LA teams where only one gets true support, but there's now a decent chance that we could see someone save the team.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

Kings Broadcast Team Cries at the end of yesterday's game; Penguins co-owner attempts to buy Kings and keep them in town. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kings Broadcast Team Cries at the end of yesterday's game; Penguins co-owner attempts to buy Kings and keep them in town.   Kings Broadcast Team Cries at the end of yesterday's game; Penguins co-owner attempts to buy Kings and keep them in town. EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 9:58 pm

Awww..they need a hug.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Kings Broadcast Team Cries at the end of yesterday's game; Penguins co-owner attempts to buy Kings and keep them in town.   Kings Broadcast Team Cries at the end of yesterday's game; Penguins co-owner attempts to buy Kings and keep them in town. EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 10:03 pm

They do Visa. How would you feel if the Wizards were in this position? Hypothetically.

With bad teams, they're either going to fold or they're gonna move.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Kings Broadcast Team Cries at the end of yesterday's game; Penguins co-owner attempts to buy Kings and keep them in town.   Kings Broadcast Team Cries at the end of yesterday's game; Penguins co-owner attempts to buy Kings and keep them in town. EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 10:18 pm

I would cry..and snort some cocaine..and start cutting myself...and then turn bulimic..then become a prostitute..then harm animals like a psycho..and then become the next Ron Paul...then pretend like my dad never loved me and thats the reason. When I know that the real cause is because my favorite childhood team was moved out of my favorite city....Wait, that looks like my future...
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Kings Broadcast Team Cries at the end of yesterday's game; Penguins co-owner attempts to buy Kings and keep them in town.   Kings Broadcast Team Cries at the end of yesterday's game; Penguins co-owner attempts to buy Kings and keep them in town. EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 10:43 pm

Kings Broadcast Team Cries at the end of yesterday's game; Penguins co-owner attempts to buy Kings and keep them in town. Kings110It'

It's also about the kids.
Back to top Go down
moshemcrib (sackingsrule)
College Baller
College Baller
moshemcrib (sackingsrule)

Male Posts : 127

PostSubject: Re: Kings Broadcast Team Cries at the end of yesterday's game; Penguins co-owner attempts to buy Kings and keep them in town.   Kings Broadcast Team Cries at the end of yesterday's game; Penguins co-owner attempts to buy Kings and keep them in town. EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 2:51 am

wow, thank you wallshingtonwizard. im glad that somebody has finally said that we dont deserve to lose our team. sacramento has been loyal to this team forever. and if you watch this video you will see that. last night was the perfect way to sum up this era. IF it is the last game, i will guarantee tears if they leave. its too hard to put the rest into words.

btw, if ou didnt already know. sacramento residents have raised almost $700,000 to keep the team here and build an arena. WE WANT TO KEEP THEM SOOOO BAD!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPqaSMjalpM&feature=youtu.be
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/moshemcrib
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Kings Broadcast Team Cries at the end of yesterday's game; Penguins co-owner attempts to buy Kings and keep them in town.   Kings Broadcast Team Cries at the end of yesterday's game; Penguins co-owner attempts to buy Kings and keep them in town. EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 2:14 pm

Yeah moshemcrib, this is something I'm pretty passionate about. Keeping teams in their cities. I know Sacramento has had a history of moving in the past, but given that the Maloofs currently own their current arena, and also how passionate the fanbase is over the past 26 years, it is best to keep the team where it is. Having all the NBA's teams solely in NYC, Chicago, LA, Philly, Boston, and DC may make money, but it doesn't give the league national appeal.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Kings Broadcast Team Cries at the end of yesterday's game; Penguins co-owner attempts to buy Kings and keep them in town.   Kings Broadcast Team Cries at the end of yesterday's game; Penguins co-owner attempts to buy Kings and keep them in town. EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 1:19 am

Here's a movie about how the Supersonics became known as the Oklahoma City Thunder

http://www.sonicsgate.org/movie/

While I like Kevin Durant, I think their owner is a scumbag because of what he did to Seattle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kings Broadcast Team Cries at the end of yesterday's game; Penguins co-owner attempts to buy Kings and keep them in town.   Kings Broadcast Team Cries at the end of yesterday's game; Penguins co-owner attempts to buy Kings and keep them in town. Empty

Back to top Go down

Kings Broadcast Team Cries at the end of yesterday's game; Penguins co-owner attempts to buy Kings and keep them in town.
Page 1 of 1