Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Was Jordan Crawford fouled on this play? Did Jeffers get a charge or could it have been a block?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

Was Jordan Crawford fouled on this play?  Did Jeffers get a charge or could it have been a block? Empty
PostSubject: Was Jordan Crawford fouled on this play? Did Jeffers get a charge or could it have been a block?   Was Jordan Crawford fouled on this play?  Did Jeffers get a charge or could it have been a block? EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 12:51 am

Watch between seconds 4 and 5 of the video

LeBron pushes the ball to the open court for a fast break, and Jordan was clearly pushed to the ground when the play was shown in slow mo.

Now watch between seconds 8 and 9. Jeffers went for a charge as LeBron went for a dunk which will be the poster of the month. Was this a charge? Nothing? Or a Blocking foul?

The first question is more important. To me, I think it was clearly a pushing foul, even if the contact was incidental. As with Jeffers' charge attempt, I think he should be lucky that he wasn't called for an and-one given that the refs were giving a lot of calls in the Heatles' favor. Though he will be forever known as getting posterized in this game, the second or two before the poster shows if the guy made a hustle on D or just stood there like when Vince dunked over the French guy. It's clear here that Jeffers made a hard fought attempt for a charge, but even I can tell you that he wasn't there quickly enough.

this play was the pivotal point of the game that just demoralized the Wizards, mainly because Crawford got knocked down.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

Was Jordan Crawford fouled on this play?  Did Jeffers get a charge or could it have been a block? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Was Jordan Crawford fouled on this play? Did Jeffers get a charge or could it have been a block?   Was Jordan Crawford fouled on this play?  Did Jeffers get a charge or could it have been a block? EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 1:25 am

The problem is that Jeffers is in the restricted area. So he's lucky LeBron didn't get an and 1.

As for the possible foul on LeBron pushing Crawford. It's a loose ball both players are going for it. LeBron is strong as an ox, so I don't know if it's a hard push or if it's Crawford selling it or literally pinging off of James.

Just saying as a Laker fan watching Shaq for many years... when you're a mass amount of muscle and power, smaller dudes can bounce off you.

So it's 50/50... they didn't call it.

I do agree with you Wiz... I watched the game and there were a lot of missed calls in the Heat favor. But I feel like you guys lost when John Wall lost his shit.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Was Jordan Crawford fouled on this play? Did Jeffers get a charge or could it have been a block?   Was Jordan Crawford fouled on this play?  Did Jeffers get a charge or could it have been a block? EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 5:00 am

When the Wizards lost Wall, they lost the game...

Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Was Jordan Crawford fouled on this play? Did Jeffers get a charge or could it have been a block?   Was Jordan Crawford fouled on this play?  Did Jeffers get a charge or could it have been a block? EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 9:37 am

I'll give you the restricted lane issue, so the refs called it right with a no call. As for a possible loose ball foul for lebron, I think it was in the replay, though Miami doesn't show it in their broadcast.

Watching a different feed for the same game could really skew thing, and you can basically see how biase our announcers and their announcers are.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Was Jordan Crawford fouled on this play? Did Jeffers get a charge or could it have been a block?   Was Jordan Crawford fouled on this play?  Did Jeffers get a charge or could it have been a block? EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 12:53 pm

wallshingtonwizard wrote:
I'll give you the restricted lane issue, so the refs called it right with a no call. As for a possible loose ball foul for lebron, I think it was in the replay, though Miami doesn't show it in their broadcast.

Watching a different feed for the same game could really skew thing, and you can basically see how biase our announcers and their announcers are.

I've heard the Miami broadcast team... they're possibly one of the most biased and annoying duo's out there.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Was Jordan Crawford fouled on this play? Did Jeffers get a charge or could it have been a block?   Was Jordan Crawford fouled on this play?  Did Jeffers get a charge or could it have been a block? EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 3:35 pm

Nick C wrote:
wallshingtonwizard wrote:

I've heard the Miami broadcast team... they're possibly one of the most biased and annoying duo's out there.
Can't be as biased as Austin Carr and uh.. Fred McCloud(?).. but I like them biased. Can relate. Cool
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Was Jordan Crawford fouled on this play? Did Jeffers get a charge or could it have been a block?   Was Jordan Crawford fouled on this play?  Did Jeffers get a charge or could it have been a block? EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 3:42 pm

The celtics announcers are the most biased..and those cleveland announcers are hella optimistic.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Was Jordan Crawford fouled on this play? Did Jeffers get a charge or could it have been a block?   Was Jordan Crawford fouled on this play?  Did Jeffers get a charge or could it have been a block? EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 3:44 pm

Yeah. Thats why they're so cool though.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Was Jordan Crawford fouled on this play? Did Jeffers get a charge or could it have been a block?   Was Jordan Crawford fouled on this play?  Did Jeffers get a charge or could it have been a block? EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 3:47 pm

The color analyst for Cleveland is the most biased in the NBA I think. He loves to..... lay the HAMMER DOWN after every slam!
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Was Jordan Crawford fouled on this play? Did Jeffers get a charge or could it have been a block?   Was Jordan Crawford fouled on this play?  Did Jeffers get a charge or could it have been a block? EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 4:27 pm

He's not "the color analyst" he's AUSTIN CARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was Jordan Crawford fouled on this play? Did Jeffers get a charge or could it have been a block?   Was Jordan Crawford fouled on this play?  Did Jeffers get a charge or could it have been a block? Empty

Back to top Go down

Was Jordan Crawford fouled on this play? Did Jeffers get a charge or could it have been a block?
Page 1 of 1