Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Demarcus Cousins is the next Gilbert?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

Demarcus Cousins is the next Gilbert? Empty
PostSubject: Demarcus Cousins is the next Gilbert?   Demarcus Cousins is the next Gilbert? EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 11:50 pm

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/02/13/demarcus-cousins-out.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

Demarcus was inactive by the Kings (barred from flying for a road game) due to a locker room incident. What is going here? He was complaining about not getting a pass from a teammate?

Last edited by thewiz06 on Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Demarcus Cousins is the next Gilbert?   Demarcus Cousins is the next Gilbert? EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:21 am

Next Marbury if you ask me.

That is too bad because he does have some potential to be something good in this league (I won't say great for now). His attitude may hinder him from reaching his peak which is sad. Siigggghhh....
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Demarcus Cousins is the next Gilbert?   Demarcus Cousins is the next Gilbert? EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:58 am

The problem right now is that players, especially men's basketball players are being babied, told that they're on top of the world from high school (and AAU especially) through the pros.

These one and done players overall are mostly divas to some degree and being babied makes them less coachable. Even John Wall isn't exempt from this either as there was a story about John Wall requesting his coaches to fine him every time he pouts and does something potentially detrimental to the team during games, practice and otherwise. Sure, John wants to correct this stuff, but I don't think the NBA is the place for players to learn how to be professionals either.
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

Male Posts : 2595

PostSubject: Re: Demarcus Cousins is the next Gilbert?   Demarcus Cousins is the next Gilbert? EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 1:21 am

Who the fux is Demarcus Nelson ? drunken
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Demarcus Cousins is the next Gilbert?   Demarcus Cousins is the next Gilbert? EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 1:49 am

Oops, confused Demarcus Cousins the Kings player with DeMarcus Nelson who was a starter at Duke for 2 of his 4 seasons. Nelson is now a pro player in Europe. Edited the title. I'm still giddy over the road win!!!
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Demarcus Cousins is the next Gilbert?   Demarcus Cousins is the next Gilbert? EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 2:36 pm

idk... but i don't think his future looks good.

he isn't 21 yet, he isn't THAT good yet, and he doesn't have a lot of money yet... but he's acting like he's amazing and w/e he says goes.+ he's immature.

I don't wanna see how he's like when he's legally able to drink, when he makes some more money and when/if he actually becomes a great player. He's gonna be very hard to deal with.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Demarcus Cousins is the next Gilbert?   Demarcus Cousins is the next Gilbert? EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 4:13 pm

I'm actually on Cousins side right now...

Because according to RealGM (don't know if credible), Cousins was going crazy because Evans did not follow the play and instead just jacked up the three...

And then FanHouse is saying that Westphal is too scared to say be critical of Evans because 1. Westphal might not have his job and 2. Evans is the star and doesn't want to alienate him.

But I do agree that Cousins needs to calm the hell down....I think we need to know the other side as well...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demarcus Cousins is the next Gilbert?   Demarcus Cousins is the next Gilbert? Empty

Back to top Go down

Demarcus Cousins is the next Gilbert?
Page 1 of 1