Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Jerry sloan Resigns.

Go down 
+7
No Longer DEAD
cbi
Abdu
wallshingtonwizard
Nick C
BNB
Fox News
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

Jerry sloan Resigns. Empty
PostSubject: Jerry sloan Resigns.   Jerry sloan Resigns. EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 3:31 pm

WOWIE! Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Jerry sloan Resigns.   Jerry sloan Resigns. EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 3:37 pm

WTF!!!!

^^ exactly what I thought when I saw it on my phone.

Especially since earlier this year there were talks about an extension for Sloan.

Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Jerry sloan Resigns.   Jerry sloan Resigns. EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 3:40 pm

The Utah Jazz suffered another loss on Wednesday and that led head coach Jerry Sloan to have a meeting with general manager Kevin O'Connor. Some of the media covering the team thought this might be a precursor to a trade.

"It was an emotional loss," O'Connor told the Deseret News. "We just kind of visited about a lot of things. That's about all I'd say."

O'Connor also said there is "no deal on the table" and "nothing is shaking down right now."

Sloan, when he finally spoke to the media, backed up O'Connor's statements

"We're not looking to trade anybody, do anything," Sloan said. "We're looking to try to make our team hopefully better on the floor (and want) guys (to) accept the responsibility that it takes to be good every day."

Prior to the game, O'Connor was asked if he would sign a big man to a 10-day contract because of the injuries to Mehmet Okur and Francisco Elson. According to The Salt Lake Tribune, O'Connor said no and that the minutes would go to rookie Jeremy Evans.

-- Nick Borges

I read that this morning. Now I guess I know what they were talking about.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Jerry sloan Resigns.   Jerry sloan Resigns. EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 3:51 pm

Damn that sucks.

I really like Jerry Sloan.

Utah has been losing a lot lately and there were rumors of problems in the locker room.

Great coach that never got a Coach of the Year award and yet got to two Finals coaching two greats All-Time players.

He's had a good career as a coach and as a player.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Jerry sloan Resigns.   Jerry sloan Resigns. EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 3:57 pm

Maybe Jerry Sloan will replace Ernie Grunfeld this summer and return home to the Wizards. We started his NBA career!

No need for him to go to Chicago because they seem to be running on all cylinders already at every level in upper mgmt.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Jerry sloan Resigns.   Jerry sloan Resigns. EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 4:00 pm

..... or he may be done for good hahah.

the dudes almost 70..
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

Male Posts : 2595

PostSubject: Re: Jerry sloan Resigns.   Jerry sloan Resigns. EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 4:02 pm

WTF? Why?
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Jerry sloan Resigns.   Jerry sloan Resigns. EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 4:37 pm

Sources say Sloan had lost team. One described situation as Deron Williams only staying if Sloan stepped down

Two sources say Wednesday's tension started when DWill ran different play than play called on sideline by Sloan, leading to halftime blowup. Yet one source stressed incident was just one of many flareups in recent weeks symptomatic of declining relationship between coach and star.

watch D. Will still walk outta Utah in couple of years.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Jerry sloan Resigns.   Jerry sloan Resigns. EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 5:22 pm

Sloan>D.Will imo

Kinda like what Nenad said. Sloan is more likely to stay then D.Will.
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Jerry sloan Resigns.   Jerry sloan Resigns. EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 6:07 pm

cbi wrote:
Sloan>D.Will imo

Disagree. Sloan obviously has more of a legacy and may represent the Utah Jazz more, but Sloan was going to be gone in a year or two anyways. The Jazz can't afford to lose D-Will. He's still remotely young and in his prime. Without him, the Jazz are nothing. Obviously Sloan is a big loss as well, but his absence was a matter of when and not if.

Still, I feel bad for Sloan. No coach in NBA history deserves a title more than he does. Hopefully he comes back and coaches the Cavs to a 30 game win streak!
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Jerry sloan Resigns.   Jerry sloan Resigns. EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 6:13 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Jerry sloan Resigns.   Jerry sloan Resigns. EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 7:01 pm

Wow, I am just surprised by this news!

These players these days...
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Jerry sloan Resigns.   Jerry sloan Resigns. EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 10:23 pm

cbi wrote:
Sloan>D.Will imo

well... I just think Williams would have left no matter what cuz the Jazz just aren't gonna compete for a title.. at least I don't think so.

No Longer DEAD wrote:

Disagree. Sloan obviously has more of a legacy and may represent the Utah Jazz more, but Sloan was going to be gone in a year or two anyways. The Jazz can't afford to lose D-Will. He's still remotely young and in his prime. Without him, the Jazz are nothing. Obviously Sloan is a big loss as well, but his absence was a matter of when and not if.

Deron williams may also be gone after next season.. seeing how Deron williams hasn't been happy with the roster moves in the pst couple of years by the Jazz, leaving is very likely.

Also, Williams was great in Sloans system. Who knows how great he'll be without him. Yeah, I think he'll be great even without Sloan, but you can't help but think about it. I just think the Jazz are fucked in 2 years.

Back to top Go down
FC
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
FC

Male Posts : 822

PostSubject: Re: Jerry sloan Resigns.   Jerry sloan Resigns. EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 12:14 am

cbi wrote:
Sloan>D.Will imo

superstar always has power over coach

magic is an example
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

Male Posts : 2595

PostSubject: Re: Jerry sloan Resigns.   Jerry sloan Resigns. EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 1:54 am

D. Will come to LA! Move
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Jerry sloan Resigns.   Jerry sloan Resigns. EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 5:36 am

He'll be gone elsewhere...

Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

Female Posts : 9485

PostSubject: Re: Jerry sloan Resigns.   Jerry sloan Resigns. EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 8:02 pm

Damn I was amazed too . 23 years with team you don't hear of that. So much time and dedication to the Jazz .

I still think something went down with him and D.Williams .. well who knows what really went down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/JanetYFFL
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jerry sloan Resigns.   Jerry sloan Resigns. Empty

Back to top Go down

Jerry sloan Resigns.
Page 1 of 1