Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

George Steinbrenner dies

Go down 
+3
No Longer DEAD
cbi
YS
7 posters
AuthorMessage
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

George Steinbrenner dies Empty
PostSubject: George Steinbrenner dies   George Steinbrenner dies EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 12:23 pm

wow....that is sad.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=5375561

This has completely taken me by surprise because there weren't any reports of him having a serious condition or anything like that
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: George Steinbrenner dies   George Steinbrenner dies EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 12:39 pm

I actually feel bad for yankees fans.

First sheppard and now steinbrenner. D:
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: George Steinbrenner dies   George Steinbrenner dies EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 1:10 pm

it sucks to see him go, however, he WAS an asshole to all his employees...

that being said, he did turn around the Yankees franchise...

RIP George.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: George Steinbrenner dies   George Steinbrenner dies EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 1:26 pm

Resident Douchebag wrote:

RIP George.

+1...

But like Khai said It is sad. I know the media is putting on a "that was Goerge" kinda' spin on his antics, but he was a huge douchebag.

I guess most owners are tho.

I bet George will try to find a way to fire God (or... wherever he ends up) because the pearly gates of heaven aren't up to his standards.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

PostSubject: Re: George Steinbrenner dies   George Steinbrenner dies EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 1:27 pm

Nick C wrote:
Resident Douchebag wrote:

RIP George.

+1...

But like Khai said It is sad. I know the media is putting on a "that was Goerge" kinda' spin on his antics, but he was a huge douchebag.

I guess most owners are tho.

I bet George will try to find a way to fire God (or... wherever he ends up) because the pearly gates of heaven aren't up to his standards.

+2
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: George Steinbrenner dies   George Steinbrenner dies EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 1:37 pm

Thanks for posting an unbiased post on a yankee employees death, KONJ!

:/ lol
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: George Steinbrenner dies   George Steinbrenner dies EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 2:25 pm

Bet Janet is the most bummed about this.
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

Female Posts : 9485

PostSubject: Re: George Steinbrenner dies   George Steinbrenner dies EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 12:21 am

Yup Marshall I am =(.

I woke up getting ready for work and I turned on the tv as usuall and always turn to ESPN and I saw the BREAKING NEWS thing in red and began to read. It did not hit me til I finished reading the whole thing and realized George Steinbrenner had passed away. I was caught of guard I just sat down on the edge of my bed thinking . Wow really is it happening. You know those kinds of moments you have.

I know a lot people saw the 'Boss" side and heard all these things about him being an asshole or a dick just being plain mean to his staff. The times he fired and re hired Billy Martin and all those good moments in the 70's and the Bronx Zoo and the 80's not much sucess but late 90's he did and now 2000's Yeah he was a stubborn man but he wanted to win. He wanted to bring fame and good reputation as champions to the Yankee franchise and he did that. What owner cared so much for the fans we wanted us to be happy and see us get the best product on the field day and day out. He gave a new out look to the Yankees if you think about it one the most famous , respected, loved or hated and successful franchise in sports history and in the last about 30 plus year he established that.

I know many of guys will not understand how much Yankee Fans cared for this man just for all he did for the Yankees. I know he was getting up there in age. His health was not good that is why he gave ownership to his sons Hank and Hal Steinbrenner .

I am really going to miss the man at least the Yankees won last year something they really wanted to do and give that trophy to him. This year I know they will want to do the same if they reach the World Series.

Just a hard week for the Yankees we also lost a loved man the voice of God how they would say Bob Sheppard. The PA he was such a huge reason why to listen to Yankees game. Such a beautiful voice a profound way he would call the Players . I know how much players loved him too for example Derek Jeter uses a recording of his voice to his at bat ...." Number 2 Derek Jeet-tah number 2".

I think God needed a boss to run something up there and needed a voice like Sheppard up there too .... God wanted some Yankees =).
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/JanetYFFL
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

PostSubject: Re: George Steinbrenner dies   George Steinbrenner dies EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:50 am

RIP to George though. He did a great job of making the Yankees the best franchise in the MLB
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: George Steinbrenner dies   George Steinbrenner dies Empty

Back to top Go down

George Steinbrenner dies
Page 1 of 1