Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but...

Go down 
+7
cbi
Chris
Darko
Tar Heel
Fox News
Janet
BNB
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but... Empty
PostSubject: Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but...   Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but... EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 8:52 pm

WOW!

The last game in a series [unless there is only 1 game] always has the most viewers. Even in a sweep. So I was curious and wanted to see how many viewers each championship game had.

Superbowl 2010 Colts Vs. Saints- 106 million viewers. Most ever for any show on TV in US history.

NBA finals 2010 game 7 Lakers Vs. Celtics- 28.2 million viewers. Most since 1998.

Stanley Cup 2010 game 6 Flyers Vs. BLACKHAWKS- 8.2 million viewers. Most viewers the NHL has had in 36 years.

BCS National Championship 2010 Alabama Vs. TEXAS- 30.8 million viewers. Most since 2006 and second most since 1991.

2010 Final Four Butler Vs. Duke- At least 48 million viewers tuned in. Most in 5 years.

2009 World Series Game 6 Yankees Vs. Phillies- 22.3 Million viewers. Most since 2004.

So what we got from that is Americans love football...a lot, the great Celtics/Lakers Rivalry that went 7 games couldn't get more viewers than 2 Alabama/Texas and Duke/Butler, baseball is a dying sport, and Americans really don't like hockey.

I'm just shocked that the next closest to the superbowl in terms of viewers is the Butler/Duke game... and it's by 60 million viewers..
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

Female Posts : 9485

PostSubject: Re: Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but...   Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but... EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:15 pm

Yeah that is life ... the superbowl EVERYONE AND I MEAN EVERYONE watches it people who have no Idea what in the hell football is they watch it.

I personally watch everything .... okay maybe not everything but I try to .

Sadly but true for me people like Football more than Baseball =( I don't like that fact that baseball is not becoming americas past time... still my past time =D ... but not around America.

oh btw out of subject... I LOVE RISE AGAINST =D
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/JanetYFFL
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but...   Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but... EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:19 pm

Well I'm actually a HUGE football fan.. bigger fan than basketball.. but I was shocked at these numbers. I mean this is the most viewers the NBA finals has had since MJ's last game in a Bulls uniform.. That means since the bulls last won... the NBA hasn't had many viewers in the finals.. Well.. compared to the Superbowl. I'm also surprised the Final Four was in 2nd.. I thought it would be 4th behind the NFL/NBA and College football.

And do you?!?! they're awesome!! I love the song Savior.. it's my most played song Very Happy hahahaha
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but...   Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but... EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:21 pm

Football Is the greatest sport on earth. thats all I have to say.
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

PostSubject: Re: Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but...   Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but... EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:26 pm

I am re looking at the numbers and I am amazed to not be offensive but I can't pay attention to College B-ball just boring don't ask me why but I love Basketball. You already know and everyone else here knows I am a HUGE baseball fan.

Oh hell yeah LOVE THEM =D Savior is the sh... lol =D

My top songs are Savior, Prayer Of The Refugee, Behind Closed Doors, Ready To Fall, Re-Education =D .
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but...   Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but... EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:29 pm

Eminem ♥ wrote:
I am re looking at the numbers and I am amazed to not be offensive but I can't pay attention to College B-ball just boring don't ask me why but I love Basketball. You already know and everyone else here knows I am a HUGE baseball fan.

Oh hell yeah LOVE THEM =D Savior is the sh... lol =D

My top songs are Savior, Prayer Of The Refugee, Behind Closed Doors, Ready To Fall, Re-Education =D .

You should start watching College ball... it's intense.. hahahaha.

I like all those songs too! Long forgotten sons, collapse, swing life away, the good left undone, dancing for rain, drones, whereabouts unknown, kotov syndrome are good songs too! hahahaha.

you know what makes them even better? they're from Chicago Razz
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

PostSubject: Re: Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but...   Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but... EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:36 pm

I might give college b-ball a try ...

and Damn you Nenad why are they from Chicago lol... Oh I have not heard some of those song... I need to download some more new song thanx =D

I am currently listening to them on iTunes lol... the song of choice is Injection =D
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but...   Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but... EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:40 pm

Eminem ♥ wrote:
I might give college b-ball a try ...

and Damn you Nenad why are they from Chicago lol... Oh I have not heard some of those song... I need to download some more new song thanx =D

I am currently listening to them on iTunes lol... the song of choice is Injection =D

no problem! Smile
Right now i'm listening to Hollywood Undead.. know 'em?
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

PostSubject: Re: Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but...   Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but... EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:45 pm

Yes I like Hollywood Undead ... I need to find more good songs from them any want to reccomend ?

I have 3 songs of them and all 3 are my fav
I LOVE THE SONG.... Young =D.... I also have This Love, This Hate and Undead

damn we have common music taste lol .
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but...   Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but... EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:49 pm

Eminem ♥ wrote:
Yes I like Hollywood Undead ... I need to find more good songs from them any want to reccomend ?

I have 3 songs of them and all 3 are my fav
I LOVE THE SONG.... Young =D.... I also have This Love, This Hate and Undead

damn we have common music taste lol .

WHOO!! hahahaha
California
city
sell your soul
circles
everywhere I go
paradise lost
pain
black Dahlia
the diary.

Those are the HU songs I have other than Young, undead and this love this hate. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

PostSubject: Re: Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but...   Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but... EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:52 pm

Thanx for the list but I got to bounce... we need to have more of these music conversations lol... I have no Idea what it has to do with the original topic but whatever... lol

Later Nenad...
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but...   Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but... EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:54 pm

hahaha alright ttyl Janet.

--------

On topic. I agree Visa.. football is the greatest sport
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but...   Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but... EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 10:02 pm

Rise Against wrote:
Well I'm actually a HUGE football fan.. bigger fan than basketball.. but I was shocked at these numbers. I mean this is the most viewers the NBA finals has had since MJ's last game in a Bulls uniform.. That means since the bulls last won... the NBA hasn't had many viewers in the finals.. Well.. compared to the Superbowl. I'm also surprised the Final Four was in 2nd.. I thought it would be 4th behind the NFL/NBA and College football.

And do you?!?! they're awesome!! I love the song Savior.. it's my most played song Very Happy hahahaha

Man, that's sad...I didn't even think of the band. The one I've listened to most is "Torches." Love that song.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but...   Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but... EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 10:05 pm

CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
Rise Against wrote:

Man, that's sad...I didn't even think of the band. The one I've listened to most is "Torches." Love that song.

hmm... I actually haven't heard that one.. weird haha. Savior is the best hands down though haha
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but...   Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but... EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 10:25 pm

It's from their album "Revolutions Per Minute" if you want to look it up.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but...   Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but... EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 10:27 pm

yeah I already looked it up on youtube. it's pretty good. Is that the only song u like by ''em?
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but...   Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but... EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 11:28 pm

Nope. I like Savior a lot too, and there are a couple others. One that I actually like that a lot of people don't (and in spite of the fact it's not really in their usual style) is "Swing Life Away." There are others (I have three albums from them on my iPod: Revolutions Per Minute, Siren Song of the Counter Culture and The Sufferer & The Witness) but I haven't listened to them in a long time. Damn you for making me go through their songs again! Razz
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

PostSubject: Re: Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but...   Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but... EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 1:33 am

DAMN IT do we ever stay on subject... NOPE..
but Rise Against is a sick band so it is all good =D
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but...   Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but... EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 1:36 am

There's no fun in staying on topic! Very Happy

You in a bad mood Janet? 'Cause that's a sad song to have as a screenname. :crying:
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

PostSubject: Re: Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but...   Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but... EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 1:42 am

The day we stay on subject is the day you stop liking Fisher... so that will be never XD

Oh and that song... ha ha ha... umm yeah not in a bad mood just complicated I guess that is the word , someone told me to listen to that song and yeah that person I miss =/ so yeah...

I have that song on repeat so I can't stop listening to it .
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but...   Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but... EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 1:49 am

Lonely September ♥ wrote:
The day we stay on subject is the day you stop liking Fisher... so that will be never XD

Oh and that song... ha ha ha... umm yeah not in a bad mood just complicated I guess that is the word , someone told me to listen to that song and yeah that person I miss =/ so yeah...

Oh...I'm sorry. I miss someone too, but probably in a different way than you do lol. Let me know if you want to talk!...although you'd probably think that's weird lol.

And no, I will never stop liking Fisher! But for something on topic, 106 million viewers means that over a third of America watches the Superbowl. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

PostSubject: Re: Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but...   Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but... EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 3:06 am

CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
Lonely September ♥ wrote:

Oh...I'm sorry. I miss someone too, but probably in a different way than you do lol. Let me know if you want to talk!...although you'd probably think that's weird lol.

And no, I will never stop liking Fisher! But for something on topic, 106 million viewers means that over a third of America watches the Superbowl. Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but... Icon_eek

Thanks Marshall =) .. maybe different way but we both still miss people and thank you =D if I need someone to talk to I will hit you up ... and you can do the same if you want. =)

1/3 of America sat down on a coach and ate lol fun!
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but...   Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but... EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 5:46 am

Superskunk wrote:

You mean world football,that Europeans,South Americans and everybody else play
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but...   Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but... EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 6:26 am

Superskunk wrote:
You mean Football(Soccer), yeah agreed.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but...   Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but... EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 8:54 am

No..I mean the reals man game..I find soccer extremly boring.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but...   Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but... Empty

Back to top Go down

Obviously Football is America's fav. sport but...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next