Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season...

Go down 
+4
brownie13
BNB
Tar Heel
EM:)
8 posters
AuthorMessage
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season... Empty
PostSubject: Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season...   Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season... EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 12:05 pm

Doesn't matter that your season is over. Go ahead and sip some Mai-Tai's with them little umbrellas in it unless you have some sense in you and drink without them little umbrellas. Cause next season D-Wade is as good as yours. Just enjoy the summer and get ready for next season with Wade. And hopefully you bring in a true C with the little cap space you have after you get Wade. Joakim Noah is a manbeast and would be much better served as a PF.

PG. ROSE
SG. WADE
SF. DENG
PF. NOAH
C. FA
6. Hinrich
7. Gibson
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season...   Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season... EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 12:17 pm

Am I the only one who thinks a backcourt of Rose and Wade wouldn't be all that incredible? A frontcourt of Noah and Bosh, on the other hand... Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season... 126814

And also, Wade isn't leaving Miami.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season...   Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season... EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 1:02 pm

If Wade does not leave MIA he's gone loco.

Wade, JO, and Haslem will all up and leave MIA and all MIA can look forward to next season is resigning Chalmers & Q.Bitchardson.

PG. Chalmers, SG. Cook, SF. Q.Bitch, PF. Beasley, C. Anthony

I agree Bosh and Noah backcourt would work out better and be more Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season... 126814 than a Wade-Rose backcourt. But, damn it Bosh will not, well hopefully would not anyways, go to CHI.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season...   Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season... EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 3:57 pm

CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks a backcourt of Rose and Wade wouldn't be all that incredible? A frontcourt of Noah and Bosh, on the other hand... Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season... 126814

And also, Wade isn't leaving Miami.

No. Wade doesnt give us what we NEED. what we need is a low post scorer and a 3 pt. shooter... Wade is neither.

Also, wade and Rose do the same shit... wade's just better at it. People wonder why Miami can't get a good PG.. well maybe its cuz Wade IS their PG.. he always has the ball in his hands.. Rose always has the ball in his hands... it wouldnt work.

I like wade and all.. but i dont think it'll work. I want bosh or Joe Johnson and someone else
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season...   Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season... EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 4:19 pm

Towards the back half of this season, Chris Bosh started screaming "WASTED TALENT!" to me. He had likely his most talented team since entering the league, and he couldn't learn to play with them. There were stretches where he would just beast everyone and 35 points at a 70% shooting percentage, but he just doesn't seem to be able to fit into a team game. He doesn't play much defense, and is not a big fan of contact. Signing Bosh would take away the identity of the Bulls team, which is clearly one of the tougher teams in the league. I think they really hurt themselves when they dumped Salmons for expiring contracts, unless they are able to get both a solid power forward and a premier shooter on the wing. I think Carlos Boozer would be a better fit for the Bulls than Bosh would be. Boozer is more effective without the ball than Bosh, and is a more physical defender. He isn't a great defender by any stretch of the imagination, but he is a better one than Bosh. I believe the Bulls have somewhere in the range of $27 million available for next season. They also have the ability to retain Brad Miller after that money has been spent. What the Bulls need is a starting PF, and a starting SG.

Carlos Boozer made about $13 million this season, and will probably be looking for about $15 million this off-season. The Jazz already have a heavy salary burden, as well as a lottery pick and Paul Millsap. They likely won't be able to afford Boozer. Lets say the Bulls offer him $16 million a year over 4 or so years, leaving them $11 million still to play with. That would leave them plenty of money to go out and get Ray Allen. That team sounds a lot more dangerous than one with Bosh, and an average shooting guard to me. I'm just not sure whether or not Allen wants to leave Boston.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season...   Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season... EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 4:33 pm

Boozer= season ending injury waiting to happen.... again [and he's a couple of years older] also, Jerry sloan made boozer. Boozer was always pretty good, but he started looking like a superstar when he went to Utah.

I would even take amare over Boozer...

Bosh was with the most talented toronto team this year? maybe... but no one on that team played D. The bulls have Deng and Noah to take care of the defense in the frontcourt. Raptors had Hedo and Andrea? please... Those 2 wouldnt be able to find the letter D in the alphabet

and it's kinda hard to learn how to play with a team when half of them don't even know what they're doing out there.. The bulls know what they're doing... they just can't make certain shots.

Bosh is also faster than Boozer... and since the bulls are young and like to run [sometimes] we need a guy who can keep up. Even brad miller hustles more than boozer sometimes...

I just like bosh on the bulls
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season...   Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season... EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 5:36 pm

The Bulls number one option should be Bosh...Amare also seems intriguing for them to have despite
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season...   Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season... EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 5:42 pm

yeah he SHOULD be our number one option this summer... but he isn't. Word around here is that the Bulls are gonna go hard after wade.. and if they can't get him, they'll go after bosh...

if Rose wasn't here, I would love to have wade... but we don't need him
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season...   Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season... EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 5:43 pm

Bosh in NYc
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season...   Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season... EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 5:44 pm

unless its a sign and trade... i doubt it.

I think they'll get Amare and JJ
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season...   Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season... EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 5:44 pm

something tells me bulls will get noone bigname. Wade stays in miami,bosh goes to miami. They get noone or will get boozer..
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season...   Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season... EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 5:46 pm

Nenadidas wrote:
unless its a sign and trade... i doubt it.

I think they'll get Amare and JJ

I would be pissed if we get Amar'e can't stand him or his game!!! Go PHX though Smile!!!

MIA gets no one!!!
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season...   Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season... EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 5:48 pm

Mike D'antoni might want Amare though... im sure Amare would like to play for him again haha.. same with JJ

and I agree visa... I have a feeling we might walk away with no big names
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season...   Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season... EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 5:50 pm

JJ is the only one i can see really considering chicago
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season...   Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season... EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 5:52 pm

I want JJ that would be dope.

I do not want Amar'e though cause we have Lee what's the point of Amar'e? When as of right now none of them play defense, but Lee has the ability to improve on D when Amar'e no longer has nor wants to. And Lee is better than Amar'e everywhere else IMO. So that would suck if Amar'e is the one that we have our sights after as the big we want to reel in. I would not lose Lee to Amar'e.

I wouldn't want to lose Lee to Bosh either. But, I sure as heck would not mind losing Lee to Dirk (although I would want/try to keep Lee). Not that it matters Dirk may not even opt. I would also try to keep Lee with Bosh coming over.

Last edited by TonyEM: on Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season...   Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season... EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 5:52 pm

Well Boozer said last summer he wants to play in chicago

Bosh said he would like to play in chicago a few months ago

Wade said he would love to play here.. but miami is his first choice

JJ hasnt said anything

amare hasnt said anything

Dirk said Chicago would be a great place to play if he didnt return to Dallas

LeBron said the same thing as dirk.

so a lot of player would consider coming here... but they probably wont
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season...   Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season... EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 5:55 pm

Chicago is the 3rd largest basketball market and US City so a lot of people may have vested interest. If Camby was not foolish to resign with POR I saw CHI as a destination that might bring him in along with NY.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season...   Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season... EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 5:58 pm

TonyEM: wrote:
I want JJ that would be dope.

I do not want Amar'e though cause we have Lee what's the point of Amar'e? When as of right now none of them play defense, but Lee has the ability to improve on D when Amar'e no longer has nor wants to. And Lee is better than Amar'e everywhere else IMO. So that would suck if Amar'e is the one that we have our sights after as the big we want to reel in. I would not lose Lee to Amar'e.

I wouldn't want to lose Lee to Bosh either. But, I sure as heck would not mind losing Lee to Dirk (although I would want/try to keep Lee). Not that it matters Dirk may not even opt. I would also try to keep Lee with Bosh coming over.

if lee stays, you wont get bosh, boozer, amare or dirk...

Lee cant keep playing Center.. eventually he'll move over to PF
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season...   Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season... EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 6:06 pm

True but we can try Bosh as C or put Lee as a SF being that next year he said he will have incorporated a 3point shot by then. This season he was hitting jumpshots as far as 20 out consistently and stepped out his area of comfortability and took some 3's this season all that missed by rimming out. He said by next time next season he will have a 3 point game. And he's not particularly fast to hang around with SF's, but he has athleticism and runs the floor well and could have height over some of them. I think his d would improve.

He's played SF a bit before the triple double/waived off triple double game recorded @ MSG where LeBron also scored 50 points. It was Al Harrington who scored 39 points and kept up with LeBron throughout the night in a tennis match back and forth. And it was David Lee after a long list of NY "defenders" if you can call them that. That seemed to alter LeBron's shot the most and he couldn't attack as much. Lee was placed at SF then a bit and worked for the most part. Whether it can be done consistently remains to be seen, but Bosh @ C can also be an option at least a more adequate one as Lee remaining a C.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season...   Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season... EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 6:08 pm

Bosh @ C= 🇳🇴

Lee @ SF= 🇳🇴

i just don't think that would work... at all
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season...   Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season... EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 6:15 pm

I think Bosh at C would work better than Lee at C

And I think Lee should start if Bosh comes cause he should {NY expressed desire to keep Lee even if they get Bosh at least that's what they're saying now.}

Lee @ SF or Gallo at SF all I know is NY said whomever they get they still want to try and work a deal with Lee.

1 thing is for sure is Lee is basically our not in name PG. He did much of the facilitating on our team, especially when Duhon was rightfully given the axe. He's played out of position his whole career so wherever they put him on the F spots or still at C he can make it work.

I was also wondering how much Kirk Hinrich cost cause NY should trade Earl Barron for him... If their contracts match up. I would like him as a PG. He would be NY's best PG since Charlie Ward hahahaha. Only Hinrich is way better than what Ward was.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season...   Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season... EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 8:15 pm

Whatever happens it's going to be an interesting off-season for both NY and Chi-town.

I wouldn't worry about Amar'e coming to NY Tony, as he's in pretty deep talks with the Suns and looks like he'll re-up with them. The same has been said about Boozer and Utah, but he is still infatuated with Miami and playing with Wade if the Heat can keep him.

I think NY will get Bosh. But most likely at the price of giving up David Lee. The only way I see Lee staying is NY forking over the money to keep David and Bosh... but it doesn't seem like NY wants that combination.

Keeping McGrady would cost the Knicks, as for some reason T-Mac still thinks he should be paid 10-12 mill and wants to still start.

Yeah, this off-season is gonna be nuts. Outside of Bosh, dollars won't drop till James and Wade are signed.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season...   Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season... EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Uh, Bosh can ONLY play power forward.
Having Bosh at centre would never work out well - especially if he matches up against the likes of Dwight Howard.

and wow, this year's roster was somewhat talented but quite inconsistent and lazy. IMO, the Raptors roster from 2006 was much better than this year's roster.
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season...   Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season... EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 1:22 pm

TonyEM: Mad Hat You Know wrote:
If Wade does not leave MIA he's gone loco.

confused He's gone crazy for staying in a city he loves that can offer him nearly $30 million more than any other, when Amare and Boozer have both sent signals about wanting to join Wade in Miami?
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season...   Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season... EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 1:30 pm

No one is going to MIA.

Amar'e and Boozer will be retained you just wait and see. Wade can make big money wherever he goes and Riley is a smart and saavy man, but I don't think he will be able to retain him. If Wade decides to stay in MIA rather than getting paid big bucks to go back home or somewhere else even Milwaukee, WI (college town) is better than staying in MIA
@ this point.

Bosh is a better fit than Lee at C that's for sure or maybe Lee remains a C who knows? And it's not likely that both of them can be put together but I'm still hopeful. Maybe Lee starts at C and Bosh @ PF and we keep Barron who subs in for each and takes the load @ C and Bosh/Lee can for the most part play their naturalized PF spot. Yeah T-MAC still thinks he deserves 10-12 mil and he's already expressing interest in reuniting with VC and ORL. NY will just look to save even more spending $ in the 23 million dollar contract of T-MAC's which expires this off-season.

Al Harrington's position is in limbo Walsh and Harrington both expressed a desire in him staying, but only if he takes a vet minimum which remains to be seen. He could be even more salary space saved up or he can resign for cheap and still keep NY in good position to keep spending.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season...   Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season... Empty

Back to top Go down

Chicago Bulls enjoy your off-season...
Page 1 of 1