Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Lingerie Football League: Is it legit or not?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

Lingerie Football League: Is it legit or not? Empty
PostSubject: Lingerie Football League: Is it legit or not?   Lingerie Football League: Is it legit or not? EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 2:58 am

http://www.lflus.com/

We don't have an LFL team here in DC, despite having a WNBA and a WPS team. Nearest team is Baltimore actually so maybe I could go down there and catch a game. So, here are the good and bad points for their league in bullet points.

Good
1. The League shows that women can play football, which pretty much we consider it to be a man's game only.
2. The women in the league are athletic. They can run, throw the ball decently, and tackle, so they're not skin and bones A number of the players are rather built and are strong. Not butch obviously because it is the Lingerie League, but still all of these players have an athletic frame.
3. It is drawing good attendance for a minor minor league 2,000 ish fans? Not bad given that they don't really have major commercials on ESPN.

Bad
1. Scantily clad uniforms (feminists won't be happy). Higher risk of wardrobe malfunctions (players can be fined heavily and suspended for intentionally ripping off one's bottom or top. Players do wear pasties and double sided tape are worn on those areas, and games are available on PPV, a FEW DAYS LATER just so we're sure). Since their bodies are much more visible, I can argue they may get injured more easily.
2. The league has bad attendance considering that men love to see scantily clad women and love to see football. You'd think that this fan base which loathes the WNBA could fill up their respective arenas up right? Well they're not. 2,000 in a 20,000 seat arena is 10% of the Verizon Center assuming DC has an LFL team, and for the lower bowl, that's may be 18% of it. A WNBA team filling 7,000 seats is doing much better, but they have at least some major publicity. Not sure on WPS attendance.
3. I'd rather see real football rather than their football to be honest, though I wouldn't mind seeing women play tackle football against each other. Then again, if they just wore shorts and tanks, even if all the ladies playing were hot, it just may not attract enough fans. When the LFL teams are practicing, they're just wearing normal clothes!!!!

So what are your thoughts of this league? Should it stay or go? To me? I could care less, since I don't live in the area anyway. And should we call this a legit sports league? Like other women's sports leagues like the WNBA and WPS, this is a niche sport, or something that excites one or two main fan bases. At the end of the day, I will say that it is, but it is not the WNBA or the WPS in terms of the athletes' dedication to the game of (American) football like the WNBA players do for basketball, and the WPS players do for soccer/(Association) football. Second, because of the PC society we live in, LFL players will never be viewed as role models to the kids, boys and girls, just because of the uniforms they're wearing, while WNBA and WPS players will be.

So RBT, how do view the LFL from the athletic standpoint primarily?
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Lingerie Football League: Is it legit or not?   Lingerie Football League: Is it legit or not? EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 8:38 am

These girls suck...people only watch to see the girls in thongs
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Lingerie Football League: Is it legit or not?   Lingerie Football League: Is it legit or not? EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 12:55 pm

^^^ As sad as it may seem, he's right. Nobody watches these games to see people play football, they watch it to look at the players
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Lingerie Football League: Is it legit or not?   Lingerie Football League: Is it legit or not? EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 1:05 pm

Duh, I would only watch this league to watch the girls try to pull each other's panties off myself. But they aren't pansies either, so I had to play up something in terms of the game
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Lingerie Football League: Is it legit or not?   Lingerie Football League: Is it legit or not? EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 2:37 pm

Pardon my cynicism, but do you really think people are tuning in to watch fit, scantily-clad women...for the football? No way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lingerie Football League: Is it legit or not?   Lingerie Football League: Is it legit or not? Empty

Back to top Go down

Lingerie Football League: Is it legit or not?
Page 1 of 1