Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Do you guys watch ski jumps?

Go down 
+6
YS
Chris
Nick C
Fox News
cbi
Darko
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

Do you guys watch ski jumps? Empty
PostSubject: Do you guys watch ski jumps?   Do you guys watch ski jumps? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 11:07 am

It's exciting sport,guys jumping over 140 meters sometimes!Only the really good ones

If you follow this sport,who's your favourite ski jumper?
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys watch ski jumps?   Do you guys watch ski jumps? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 1:18 pm

Nah. I didn't know anybody did besides the olympics.

You really into it, Darko? Who's your favorite jumper?
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys watch ski jumps?   Do you guys watch ski jumps? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 2:10 pm

Yeap i'm

I watched this sport since my 5th year!I love,i would love to jump once from those ramps....My favourite ski jumper when i was watching in my earlier days were Adam Malysz,then Jane Ahonen and Martin Schimt!

Now my fave is Simmon Amman!
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys watch ski jumps?   Do you guys watch ski jumps? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 1:20 am

i like simmon amman to....oh yeh..me a ski jumping go waaaay back... Do you guys watch ski jumps? 590983
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys watch ski jumps?   Do you guys watch ski jumps? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 7:24 am

^^^^

Do you guys watch ski jumps? 5529
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys watch ski jumps?   Do you guys watch ski jumps? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 7:27 pm

Yes,I watch ski-jumping.My favourite is Gregor Schlirenzauer.He is beast.He will win the Championship this year and he won it last year.

Gregor Schlirenzauer>>>>>>>>>>>Simon Ammann.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys watch ski jumps?   Do you guys watch ski jumps? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 7:33 pm

I watch during the Winter Olympics and time to time on tv if its on. Really fun to watch. I don't know any of the ski jumpers tho.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys watch ski jumps?   Do you guys watch ski jumps? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 7:45 pm

Nick there are:Gregor Schlirenzauer
Simon Ammann
Martin Koch
Wolfgang Loitzl
Jane Ahonen
Adam Malisz
Andreas Jacobsen
Andreas Kofler
Johan Even Remensen
Thomas Morgenstein.

There are a lot.But those are the best.
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys watch ski jumps?   Do you guys watch ski jumps? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 7:47 pm

I remember my self watching ski jumping in EuroSport 1, lol.

From those names i remember Ahonen and Ammann..i remember chearing for Ammann but now hes probably old?
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys watch ski jumps?   Do you guys watch ski jumps? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 7:49 pm

Heat Fan!!! wrote:
Nick there are:Gregor Schlirenzauer
Simon Ammann
Martin Koch
Wolfgang Loitzl
Jane Ahonen
Adam Malisz
Andreas Jacobsen
Andreas Kofler
Johan Even Remensen
Thomas Morgenstein.

There are a lot.But those are the best.

Thanks bud. I can't promise I'll remember the names, but I appreciate the information.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys watch ski jumps?   Do you guys watch ski jumps? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 7:53 pm

Chris, C'c Phan wrote:
I remember my self watching ski jumping in EuroSport 1, lol.

From those names i remember Ahonen and Ammann..i remember chearing for Ammann but now hes probably old?

No,Ammann isn't old.He is 2nd in the World Cup behind Gregor Schlirenzauer.He was 2nd last year too.Maybe you think that he is old because he started his career when he was about 14-17 years old.
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys watch ski jumps?   Do you guys watch ski jumps? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 8:14 pm

How old is he?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys watch ski jumps?   Do you guys watch ski jumps? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 8:17 pm

about 28-29 years old.

Edit:He is 28 years and he will be 29 in 25th June

Last edited by Heat Fan!!! on Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys watch ski jumps?   Do you guys watch ski jumps? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 9:06 pm

damn...he must be a special dude if he can repeat years....
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys watch ski jumps?   Do you guys watch ski jumps? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 9:13 pm

Do you guys watch ski jumps? 900593
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys watch ski jumps?   Do you guys watch ski jumps? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 9:13 pm

Dear cousin,Simon Ammann>Gregot Schlirenzauer because of his all around style of jumping...right now he's sligltly better but Schlirenzauer will have a better career then him.As of presen Ammann is better and he'll take the lead again in the World Cup and win in the World Cup!

@Nick:My cousin named the best ski jumpers of the present of course in no order.If you ask about some older ski jumpers,i will say that i know those are Adam Malysz,Jane Ahonen,Martin Smith,Sven Hannewal,Michael Uhrman those were the best in their time because they are the symbol of the ski jumping.Austrains are most dominating now but not the best,Germans were most dominating in the period of 1999-2005 when guys like Smith,Hannewal,Urhman etc.

The best ski jumper of all time in my opinion is Adam Malysz,the guys was a pure beast in his prime and i have witness perhaps the greatest ski jumper of all time.He was nearly perfect.Great speed from the bridge,transition was mastered,a great combination of great range and style in his jumps.He mastered that and acomplished a lot in his career.He currently has 39 wins in his career assuming that he has still in himself to win 2-4 times.He has won 4x times in the World Cup(another ski jumper has achieved that too) including 3 times in a row this is why he's considered as the greatest ski jumper of all time.Malysz was sure one awsome dude and i loved watching him.He has won Silver and Bronze medals from the Olympic games in Salt Lake City in 2002.His first World Cup was in 2001 and then he maneged to beat in the 4 Hills Tournament.Adam had over 100 points before the second jumper in one win and that's considered a record in the 4 Hills Tournament.Then since 2003-2007 he won 3 World Cups in a row....This is why Adam Malysz has been the most titles ski jumper of all time,arguably the best ski jumper of all time.I enjoy watching him now and hats down for the best.His first win ever was in 1996 in Oslo and his last one was in Planica,Slovenica in 2007.He was very unique ski jumper and his success came little later in his career but he has the acomplishments.I consider Simon Ammann as the next Adam Malysz because they are very simular in their style.Ammann has good acomplishments,he just needs to add like 2-3 World Cups,couple of 4 Hill Tournmanets won,win and have medals from the Olympic games

Do you guys watch ski jumps? Adam_Ma%C5%82ysz_-_Engelberg_2006

Here is the dude.The second best or the best with Malysz it has to be Jane Ahhonem

Janne Ahhonen is the most succesful ski jumper of all time because of his acomplishments.He's the all time leader in the World Cup with 108 podiums......and has most points.The guy had great jumping style,great speed from the bridge,great transition,great range and great style.He was a beast and i had another honor of witnessing his greatness.Ahhonen has so many achievments in his career like 5 gold medals including 2 World Cups or more,3 golds in team competion,has won 5 times in the 4 Hill Tournament which is the most of all time...is #3 in all time wins(trailing behind Malysz and the guy with 45 wins)...Ahhonen was a beast....and this is why he's the most succesful ski jumper of all time.He had the longest jump ever with 240 meters on Planica but he fell and that jump isn't consider Sad but he has returned to win a Olympic Medal which is the only thing he misses.Check this out

Winter Olympic Games

* 2002 Winter Olympics
o Silver - team large hill
* 2006 Winter Olympics

[edit] FIS Nordic World Ski Championships

* 1995 FIS Nordic World Ski Championships
o Gold - Team large hill
* 1997 FIS Nordic World Ski Championships
o Gold - Individual normal hill
o Gold - Team large hill
* 2001 FIS Nordic World Ski Championships
o Silver - Team normal hill
o Bronze - Team large hill
o Bronze - Individual large hill
* 2003 FIS Nordic World Ski Championships
o Gold - Team large hill
* 2005 FIS Nordic World Ski Championships
o Gold - Individual large hill
o Silver - Team large hill
o Bronze - Individual normal hill

[edit] Four Hills Tournament

* Nine wins, ten second places, nine third places and five overall victories along with three overall second places and two overall third places.
* 1994–1995 Four Hills Tournament
o Victory at Garmisch-Partenkirchen
o Overall third
* 1997–1998 Four Hills Tournament
o Overall third
* 1998–1999 Four Hills Tournament
o Overall victory (no individual wins)
* 1999–2000 Four Hills Tournament
o Overall second
* 2000–2001 Four Hills Tournament
o Overall second
* 2002–2003 Four Hills Tournament
o Overall victory
o Victory at Innsbruck
* 2004–2005 Four Hills Tournament
o Overall victory
o Wins at Oberstdorf, Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Innsbruck
* 2005–2006 Four Hills Tournament
o Overall victory (shared with Jakub Janda)
o Wins at Oberstdorf, Bischofshofen
* 2007–2008 Four Hills Tournament
o Win at Bischofshofen (originally scheduled for Innsbruck)
o Win at Bischofshofen
o Overall victory
* 2009–2010 Four Hills Tournament
o Overall second

[edit] FIS Ski Flying World Championships

* FIS Ski-Flying World Championships 1996
o Silver - Individual flying hill
* FIS Ski-Flying World Championships 2000
o Bronze - Individual flying hill
* FIS Ski-Flying World Championships 2004
o Silver - Team flying hill
* FIS Ski-Flying World Championships 2006
* FIS Ski-Flying World Championships 2008

[edit] Ski jumping World Cup

* World Cup: 36 victories, 44 second places, 28 third places
* Summer Grand Prix: 5 victories, 6 second places, 2 third places
* Most podium positions of all jumpers (108)
* Most world cup points of all jumpers
* Six consecutive victories (ties the record with Matti Hautamäki, Thomas Morgenstern and Gregor Schlierenzauer)
* Longest jump in the world (fell on landing): 240 m (Planica 2005)

Do you guys watch ski jumps? 180px-4wiki_ahonen_janne

This is why Adam Malysz is argubly the best ski jumper of all time and this is why Janne Ahhonen is the most succesfull ski jumper and right there with Adam......

Simon Ammann reminds me of Malysz and Schliernzauer reminds me of Ahhonen so i love watching them and those two legends.Hats down to these ski jumpers
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys watch ski jumps?   Do you guys watch ski jumps? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 9:33 pm

Thanks for all the information Darko. I'm am pretty avid skier and snowboarder, so it's cool to find out about these guys.

Thanks again. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys watch ski jumps?   Do you guys watch ski jumps? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 5:56 am

#1 Blazers Fan wrote:
Dear cousin,Simon Ammann>Gregot Schlirenzauer because of his all around style of jumping...right now he's sligltly better but Schlirenzauer will have a better career then him.As of presen Ammann is better and he'll take the lead again in the World Cup and win in the World Cup!

@Nick:My cousin named the best ski jumpers of the present of course in no order.If you ask about some older ski jumpers,i will say that i know those are Adam Malysz,Jane Ahonen,Martin Smith,Sven Hannewal,Michael Uhrman those were the best in their time because they are the symbol of the ski jumping.Austrains are most dominating now but not the best,Germans were most dominating in the period of 1999-2005 when guys like Smith,Hannewal,Urhman etc.

The best ski jumper of all time in my opinion is Adam Malysz,the guys was a pure beast in his prime and i have witness perhaps the greatest ski jumper of all time.He was nearly perfect.Great speed from the bridge,transition was mastered,a great combination of great range and style in his jumps.He mastered that and acomplished a lot in his career.He currently has 39 wins in his career assuming that he has still in himself to win 2-4 times.He has won 4x times in the World Cup(another ski jumper has achieved that too) including 3 times in a row this is why he's considered as the greatest ski jumper of all time.Malysz was sure one awsome dude and i loved watching him.He has won Silver and Bronze medals from the Olympic games in Salt Lake City in 2002.His first World Cup was in 2001 and then he maneged to beat in the 4 Hills Tournament.Adam had over 100 points before the second jumper in one win and that's considered a record in the 4 Hills Tournament.Then since 2003-2007 he won 3 World Cups in a row....This is why Adam Malysz has been the most titles ski jumper of all time,arguably the best ski jumper of all time.I enjoy watching him now and hats down for the best.His first win ever was in 1996 in Oslo and his last one was in Planica,Slovenica in 2007.He was very unique ski jumper and his success came little later in his career but he has the acomplishments.I consider Simon Ammann as the next Adam Malysz because they are very simular in their style.Ammann has good acomplishments,he just needs to add like 2-3 World Cups,couple of 4 Hill Tournmanets won,win and have medals from the Olympic games

Here is the dude.The second best or the best with Malysz it has to be Jane Ahhonem

Janne Ahhonen is the most succesful ski jumper of all time because of his acomplishments.He's the all time leader in the World Cup with 108 podiums......and has most points.The guy had great jumping style,great speed from the bridge,great transition,great range and great style.He was a beast and i had another honor of witnessing his greatness.Ahhonen has so many achievments in his career like 5 gold medals including 2 World Cups or more,3 golds in team competion,has won 5 times in the 4 Hill Tournament which is the most of all time...is #3 in all time wins(trailing behind Malysz and the guy with 45 wins)...Ahhonen was a beast....and this is why he's the most succesful ski jumper of all time.He had the longest jump ever with 240 meters on Planica but he fell and that jump isn't consider Sad but he has returned to win a Olympic Medal which is the only thing he misses.Check this out

Winter Olympic Games

* 2002 Winter Olympics
* 2006 Winter Olympics

o Gold - Team large hill
o Gold - Team large hill
o Gold - Team large hill

* Nine wins, ten second places, nine third places and five overall victories along with three overall second places and two overall third places.
o Overall third
o Overall third
o Overall second
o Overall second
o Overall victory
o Victory at Innsbruck
o Overall victory
o Win at Bischofshofen
o Overall victory
o Overall second

* Six consecutive victories (ties the record with Matti Hautamäki, Thomas Morgenstern and Gregor Schlierenzauer)

This is why Adam Malysz is argubly the best ski jumper of all time and this is why Janne Ahhonen is the most succesfull ski jumper and right there with Adam......

Simon Ammann reminds me of Malysz and Schliernzauer reminds me of Ahhonen so i love watching them and those two legends.Hats down to these ski jumpers

No,Schlirenzauer >>>>>>>Simon Ammann,and he will win the championship again.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys watch ski jumps?   Do you guys watch ski jumps? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 8:11 am

Heat Fan!!! wrote:
#1 Blazers Fan wrote:

Winter Olympic Games

* 2002 Winter Olympics
* 2006 Winter Olympics

o Gold - Team large hill
o Gold - Team large hill
o Gold - Team large hill

o Overall third
o Overall third
o Overall second
o Overall second
o Overall victory
o Victory at Innsbruck
o Overall victory
o Win at Bischofshofen
o Overall victory
o Overall second

No,Schlirenzauer >>>>>>>Simon Ammann,and he will win the championship again.

Simon Ammann>>>>>>>>>>>>Gregor Schlirenzauer and this time the championships goes to Simon Ammann
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys watch ski jumps?   Do you guys watch ski jumps? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 8:51 am

I did another research

Matti Nykänen-This guy is the all time leader in total wins in the World Cup and he has 4 World Cups won with Malysz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys watch ski jumps?   Do you guys watch ski jumps? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 2:56 pm

OK.Good for him.But Schlirezauer will got 6 championship and he will lead in that.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys watch ski jumps?   Do you guys watch ski jumps? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 4:13 pm

That's a lot we're talking about.Remember Malysz had 4.......but it's possible though if there isn't too big competion in it.Greggor is only 20 years only,there are atleast 11-14 good years of good skills in him so we're talking about major success in here.

I personally believe that he'll win somewhere around from 3-5 World Cups in his career,2-5 4 Hills Tournament Wons(he won't pass Janne) and lots of medals from the Olympic games.He'll finish with more then 40 wins in his career and has a shot of crushing that guy's all time record because he's already 20 but he has 28 wins.That's a lot for young dude like him.Greggor has chance of beeing the best ever but i don't think that he'll be better then Malysz and Ahhonen.Schlirenzauer has a beatiful career ahead of him........Bottom line is he'll be the all time leader in most wins in the World Cup and that he'll be right there with Ahhonen in terms of acomplishments...

Simon Ammann is great ski jumper but his success came later in his career.I hope he can acomplish atleast 60% of the success that Adam Malysz had in his career.I really want to see him win and acomplish in his career after all he's great.I personally believe that he'll 2 World Cups in his career combianed with 3 4 Hill Tournamets won and many other gold medals and that he'll finish with 30 wins in his career.I think he'll be in the Top 5 of all time.Bottom line is that he'll finish Top 5 and that he'll the first Swich ever to win 3 Hills Tournament

Here is my prediction of the Top 5 Ski jumpers of all time when Ammann and Schlirenzauer are done with their careers

1.Adam Malysz
2.Janne Ahhonen
3.Greggor Schilernzauer
4.Simon Ammann
5.Martin Schmit

Schliernzauer will join Ahonen in the terms of guys who have achieved most.I hope i wasn't bias for Ammann and that i haven't over-rated Schilernzauer.....

Bottom line for Ammann and Schilernzauer is that they have chances of finish Top 5 all time and they will make name for them selves.Bottom line for Malysz and Ahhonen is that they will still be the greatest
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys watch ski jumps?   Do you guys watch ski jumps? EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am

Here is mine prediction.

1`.Sclirenzauer
2.Malysz
3.Ahonen
4.Matti Nykanen
5.Martin Shmit

HM-Loitzl
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys watch ski jumps?   Do you guys watch ski jumps? EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 10:57 am

You bias fan.......!!!

haahhaha....Razz

Your list looks good but Malysz and Ahhonen are better
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys watch ski jumps?   Do you guys watch ski jumps? EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 11:19 am

No they aren't>Schliri is the best!!!!!!!!!1:D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys watch ski jumps?   Do you guys watch ski jumps? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you guys watch ski jumps?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next