Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Lackey agrees to deal with Boston

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Lackey agrees to deal with Boston Empty
PostSubject: Lackey agrees to deal with Boston   Lackey agrees to deal with Boston EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:23 pm

This just in

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb/news/story?id=4741437

Boston has significantly upgraded their starting rotation with the addition of Lackey. Lackey and Beckett will one of the best 1-2 punches in the entire baseball. Throw in Jason Lester, Tim Wakefield, and probably Buchholz....they got a pretty good rotation.

They will need to do something about their bats. Losing Bay will hurt them. They need to find someone who will be able to replace Bay batting in 4 or 5 spot.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Lackey agrees to deal with Boston   Lackey agrees to deal with Boston EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:26 pm

Fuck Boston. Them and the Yankees can just afford to buy everyone.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Lackey agrees to deal with Boston   Lackey agrees to deal with Boston EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:28 pm

Start a petition to create a salary cap and a salary base....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lackey agrees to deal with Boston   Lackey agrees to deal with Boston EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:30 pm

LOL MLB has no salary cap so what can we do? Boston and NYY can do whatever they want. This will continue until MLB decides to do something. I think if the MLB institutes salary cap in the future, the Yankees will still go over the cap and be willing to pay luxury taxes. They CAN afford it lol.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Lackey agrees to deal with Boston   Lackey agrees to deal with Boston EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:31 pm

Yeah..it sucks being a cleveland fan when Boston, PHILLY(COUGHysandhistorianCOUGH), and New York can just go around spending shitloads of money. lol.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Lackey agrees to deal with Boston   Lackey agrees to deal with Boston EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:34 pm

NBA Historian wrote:
LOL MLB has no salary cap so what can we do? Boston and NYY can do whatever they want. This will continue until MLB decides to do something. I think if the MLB institutes salary cap in the future, the Yankees will still go over the cap and be willing to pay luxury taxes. They CAN afford it lol.

Create a hard salary cap, like NFL
The teams can't go past the salary cap, no matter what...

In the NBA....teams can go past it by paying the luxury tax.....
But not in the NFL....every sport needs to adopt this method....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lackey agrees to deal with Boston   Lackey agrees to deal with Boston EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:37 pm

CBI wrote:
Yeah..it sucks being a cleveland fan when Boston, PHILLY(COUGHysandhistorianCOUGH), and New York can just go around spending shitloads of money. lol.

LOL if the Phillies are actually going around and spending $$$ then we would have signed Lee to a MAX contract and get Halladay too. Unfortunately, it doesnt work that way lol.
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

Female Posts : 9485

PostSubject: Re: Lackey agrees to deal with Boston   Lackey agrees to deal with Boston EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:38 pm

Oh sh!etz ....

Now i can't wait for Baseball season to start

and i jsut saw at the bottom of ESPN News the Yankees will the Red Sox opening day Very Happy Very Happy
Very Happy

I was amazed that Lackey is going to the Red Sox .... Damn the AL EAST will be AMAZING AND A Beast to watch... well for me Very Happy

i Also read some where that the Yankees are going to cut their payroll....

goal for the Yankees Offseason= Another SP , and OF situation and the DH will come naturally.
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/JanetYFFL

PostSubject: Re: Lackey agrees to deal with Boston   Lackey agrees to deal with Boston EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:39 pm

Lozan is amazing =]] wrote:
NBA Historian wrote:

Create a hard salary cap, like NFL
The teams can't go past the salary cap, no matter what...

In the NBA....teams can go past it by paying the luxury tax.....
But not in the NFL....every sport needs to adopt this method....

I doubt MLB would want to do that. Baseball is flourshing right now and owners out there are loving it. MLB want to keep it this way so teams can bring in more revenues and keep MLB growing.

I guess we won't be seeing salary cap in baseball anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Lackey agrees to deal with Boston   Lackey agrees to deal with Boston EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:42 pm

JANET wrote:

goal for the Yankees Offseason= Another SP , and OF situation and the DH will come naturally.

LOL. Thats how they are going to cut payroll? Sounds like increasing payroll to me hahaha.

To me, the Phillies are not as bad as the Sox, Mets, and Yanks. They have a good market, but not the type of one where they can do just about whatever they want. I' put them on the same level as the Giants, who do have money to spend, but still have to be smart about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lackey agrees to deal with Boston   Lackey agrees to deal with Boston EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:45 pm

Kid in the Green Backpack wrote:
JANET wrote:

LOL. Thats how they are going to cut payroll? Sounds like increasing payroll to me hahaha.

To me, the Phillies are not as bad as the Sox, Mets, and Yanks. They have a good market, but not the type of one where they can do just about whatever they want. I' put them on the same level as the Giants, who do have money to spend, but still have to be smart about it.

Yeah, I agree with you. I think the Giants should make a run for Jason Bay. He is a good hitter with power and he will produce runs. I think he could make the Giants' lineup better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lackey agrees to deal with Boston   Lackey agrees to deal with Boston EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:46 pm

JANET wrote:
Oh sh!etz ....

Now i can't wait for Baseball season to start

and i jsut saw at the bottom of ESPN News the Yankees will the Red Sox opening day Very Happy Very Happy
Very Happy

I was amazed that Lackey is going to the Red Sox .... Damn the AL EAST will be AMAZING AND A Beast to watch... well for me

LOL you should be glad that the Yankees won't have to face Halladay anymore maybe until the World Series Smile
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Lackey agrees to deal with Boston   Lackey agrees to deal with Boston EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:47 pm

I would LOVE to get Bay in the outfield, but we're really focused on locking up Timmay right now, and w/ a lot of money tied up in Zito and Rowand, I'm not sure what we could offer. It would be less than what some other contenders could, which probably isn't enough.
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

PostSubject: Re: Lackey agrees to deal with Boston   Lackey agrees to deal with Boston EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:49 pm

Well Last year they spent i don't know much amount of money on Sabathia , Burnett and Texiera TRUST ME! I think Sabathia got over 200 PLus MILLION for i forget X amount of year , Burnett got 5 Years for X amount of year and i am sre Texiera got 7 year some years around there for x amount of money This year they will spend WAY LESS!. TRUST ME!
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Lackey agrees to deal with Boston   Lackey agrees to deal with Boston EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:50 pm

JANET wrote:
Well Last year they spent i don't know much amount of money on Sabathia , Burnett and Texiera TRUST ME! I think Sabathia got over 200 PLus MILLION for i forget X amount of year , Burnett got 5 Years for X amount of year and i am sre Texiera got 7 year some years around there for x amount of money This year they will spend WAY LESS!. TRUST ME!

errrrrr, they are still paying them are they not? so its not as if they lost any of their contracts. these new ones are still adding payroll, not cutting it. just because they added a ton this year doesn't mean that adding less this year isn't still adding.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lackey agrees to deal with Boston   Lackey agrees to deal with Boston EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:50 pm

I would LOVE to get Bay in the outfield, but we're really focused on locking up Timmay right now, and w/ a lot of money tied up in Zito and Rowand, I'm not sure what we could offer. It would be less than what some other contenders could, which probably isn't enough.

I'm not sure why SF offered Rowand more money than he is worth. We Phillies fans loved Rowand for his heart and hustle but he is an average offensive player at best. Not worth the money he is getting right now.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Lackey agrees to deal with Boston   Lackey agrees to deal with Boston EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:51 pm

I still remember it very well when his face got all messed up after he crashed into the wall....
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

PostSubject: Re: Lackey agrees to deal with Boston   Lackey agrees to deal with Boston EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:54 pm

Oh yes but Halladay uhh when he played the Yankees i swear to you that he could just get each guy out with using 3 pitches and that is it lol

and one game last year the Yankees i think got him for 5ER I cried! lol .

Think about IF IF IF the Yankees would of gotten him
look at SP C.C= Work horse, Burnett- If the can keep comand he would be more great , Pettitte- the Veteran who can go out there keep you in the game, and with Halladay- the name enough said. OWOWO

My dreams got crushed lol

and oh yeah compared to last year IT WILL BE PAY CUT :] i mean LESS Spending more Very Happy
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Lackey agrees to deal with Boston   Lackey agrees to deal with Boston EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:55 pm

Yankees would'nt have gotten him....they don't have the minor league talent....
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Lackey agrees to deal with Boston   Lackey agrees to deal with Boston EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:55 pm

NBA Historian wrote:

I'm not sure why SF offered Rowand more money than he is worth. We Phillies fans loved Rowand for his heart and hustle but he is an average offensive player at best. Not worth the money he is getting right now.

Agreed. I loved the stuff you're talking about when he was on the White Sox and Phillies, but he was always a complimentary player who's toughness shined because of the teams he played on. Hes a hard worker and a warrior, but he can't be a team's second best hitter.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Lackey agrees to deal with Boston   Lackey agrees to deal with Boston EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:56 pm

No matter how you look at it, its still spending more if they go out and add more players.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Lackey agrees to deal with Boston   Lackey agrees to deal with Boston EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:57 pm

know who doesn't spend a bunch of money?

Their name starts with Cleveland. In the middle there is a blank space. Their name ends in Indians.
I'll give you three guesses, as to who doesn't spend boatloads of money.
GO!
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Lackey agrees to deal with Boston   Lackey agrees to deal with Boston EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:59 pm

Native Indians who live in Cleveland?
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

PostSubject: Re: Lackey agrees to deal with Boston   Lackey agrees to deal with Boston EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:59 pm

i Never said they are not going to spend money, what i am saying is they are going to spend LESS than they spent last year. They are defending champs and they HAVE to improve to keep up esp now that Boston got Lackey and their SP got Stronger .

i know YS Sadly they just sent their best Prospect to Detroit.... SIGH.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lackey agrees to deal with Boston   Lackey agrees to deal with Boston EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 8:00 pm

JANET wrote:
Oh yes but Halladay uhh when he played the Yankees i swear to you that he could just get each guy out with using 3 pitches and that is it lol

and one game last year the Yankees i think got him for 5ER I cried! lol .

Think about IF IF IF the Yankees would of gotten him
look at SP C.C= Work horse, Burnett- If the can keep comand he would be more great , Pettitte- the Veteran who can go out there keep you in the game, and with Halladay- the name enough said. OWOWO

My dreams got crushed lol

and oh yeah compared to last year IT WILL BE PAY CUT :] i mean LESS Spending more Very Happy

If the Yankees were in the running for Halladay, they wouldn't have enough to get Halladay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lackey agrees to deal with Boston   Lackey agrees to deal with Boston Empty

Back to top Go down

Lackey agrees to deal with Boston
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next