Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?

Go down 
+8
Tar Heel
YS
cbi
3-peat
No Longer DEAD
brownie13
Fox News
Darko
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who's beter all time cente between Artis Gilmore and Wes Unseld
Artis Gilmore
Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 2 Vote_lcap39%Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 39% [ 7 ]
Wes Unseld
Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 2 Vote_lcap61%Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 61% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 4:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

?

Answer the poll question and explain
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 6:47 pm

Mike Bibby is the best clutch
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

Male Posts : 14345

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 6:49 pm

You want him to stop passing in the clutch? He passes because he doesnt have killer instinct.
You want him to start racking of game winners? He's not clutch
You want him to start making them? yee but Driving isn't being a clutch shooter
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/kobefanz/profile
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 6:49 pm

He's clutch Kb,he's very clutch,players in the league because he can drive to the rim like easy and no mather his shooting skills,he's deadly in the last seconds.Plus he maneges to do everything in his clutch perfomance.Score,pass,rebound,block,steal,lead you name it
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 6:50 pm

KB24 wrote:
I never said going to the lane wasn't clutch. I said he hasnt made any clutch shots. Driving isnt shooting, thats a lay-up, if Kobe had done that he would have so much more game winners. Like i said With Lebrons size it's easy to drive, thats why he does it. And when he does decide to shoot he misses.

why does it have to be an off balance Jumper? I've seen Kobe take so much normal on balance jump shots.

LeBron isn't dumb like Kobe,Bryant shots fade aways like crazy but LeBron takes time and finds easier normal shot to hit.Please man...
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 6:52 pm

KB24 wrote:
You want him to stop passing in the clutch? He passes because he doesnt have killer instinct.
Again, he shoots in 95% of the time.. what is "killer instinct" btw? I've always wonderd

Great point, great point. Yes, he's not clutch. Just like Kobe's cant drive right? Yeah... neither of our points really mean much, just because we both know were wrong.

But thats the thing. He doesn't drive it in everytime. I'm the witness of a million dumb LBJ pull up jumpers. Quite a few go in.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 6:53 pm

KB24 wrote:
I never said going to the lane wasn't clutch. I said he hasnt made any clutch shots. Driving isnt shooting, thats a lay-up, if Kobe had done that he would have so much more game winners. Like i said With Lebrons size it's easy to drive, thats why he does it. And when he does decide to shoot he misses.

why does it have to be an off balance Jumper? I've seen Kobe take so much normal on balance jump shots.

Since when is a SHOT in the lane not a shot? I don't think anyone here is arguing that LeBron is better from the perimeter than Kobe, whether its clutch moments or regular minutes. Right now you're making a claim with NO evidence. Now if you want to go out and find which of those clutch shots on 82games.com are not in the lane, and what his percentage is on them, go ahead. If it shows you are right, then you make your claim. As of now, though, nothing indicates that he isn't clutch. He doesn't have a lot of perimeter attempts for the win, because of his ability to shoot in the lane, but because he doesn't have a lot of attempts, doesn't mean he is not clutch from there.

You're right Kobe doesn't always take off-balance shots, but he does take a lot of them, which is why his clutch shooting percentage is so low in comparison to LeBron's. I don't think that LeBron would make any more of those clutch shots than Kobe himself would, but again, nothing indicates that he wouldn't either.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 6:55 pm

Kobe shots tough jumpers,but LeBron finds easier way to score even from a shot.That's smart player
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 6:56 pm

This past year, Kobe in Denver nailed that 3 to beat the nuggets, Kobe Bryant 2 clutch shots vs Suns in '06 Playoffs!
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 6:57 pm

Yeah but that clucthness of his made the Lakers from 3-1 to lose in the playoffs
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 6:58 pm

All-time: MJ, Larry Bird (in no order)

Current: Kobe, Lebron, Dirk, Nash (in no order)
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 6:58 pm

That made no sense Darko. :/

It wasn't Kobe that lost them that series, lol.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 6:59 pm

CBI wrote:

Hm.... i guess you are right

Btw,the only reason why i dislike Kobe in the first place is because of that attuitide that he has.Like he thinks he's the only that can hit clutch shots.......
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:01 pm

Greg Oden-Get well!!!!!!! wrote:
CBI wrote:

Btw,the only reason why i dislike Kobe in the first place is because of that attuitide that he has.Like he thinks he's the only that can hit clutch shots.......

So..Im guessing you hate MJ too....
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:01 pm

KB24 wrote:
This past year, Kobe in Denver nailed that 3 to beat the nuggets, Kobe Bryant 2 clutch shots vs Suns in '06 Playoffs!

I figured there was some I was forgetting, but this isn't really any more than LeBron. You can certainly have your opinion that Kobe is better than LeBron at clutch shooting from the perimeter, but there is nothing that proves that. I, in fact, would agree with that opinion, but for you to say that LeBron is not a clutch shooter because he prefers shots in the lane, just does not make any sense.
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:03 pm

What do you mean Lebron passes up more on game winners then Kobe? ughh proof says their tied in that category. http://82games.com/CSORT11.HTM

And what do you mean Kobe's fg% in the clutch is way lower then Lebron? Their's only a 3% difference. And if you look on the site, Lebron is in way more clutch situations then Kobe. 51 games to 39, 215 to 136 mins.
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:04 pm

Kid in the Green Backpack wrote:
KB24 wrote:

I figured there was some I was forgetting, but this isn't really any more than LeBron. You can certainly have your opinion that Kobe is better than LeBron at clutch shooting from the perimeter, but there is nothing that proves that. I, in fact, would agree with that opinion, but for you to say that LeBron is not a clutch shooter because he prefers shots in the lane, just does not make any sense.

What do you mean theirs nothing that proves that Kobe is better then Lebron at the perimeter during clutch? heloooo proof says Kobe is way better then Lebron http://82games.com/CSORT11.HTM .
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:05 pm

Lozan is amazing =]] wrote:
Greg Oden-Get well!!!!!!! wrote:
CBI wrote:

So..Im guessing you hate MJ too....

Lol,no

Mj mastered those shots,but he didn't always shot those jump shot.He could actually pass.Kobe is copy machine and doesn't know to pass... Neutral
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:07 pm

KB24 wrote:
Kid in the Green Backpack wrote:
KB24 wrote:

What do you mean theirs nothing that proves that Kobe is better then Lebron at the perimeter during clutch? heloooo proof says Kobe is way better then Lebron http://82games.com/CSORT11.HTM .

Dude.What don't do you understand?

Ryan agrees that Kobe is more clutch then LeBron but you are saying that LeBron isn't clutch because his game winners are from his driving to the rim.LeBron can hit a jump shot in the clutch or get a clutch dunk/lay if needed.Get over it
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:09 pm

Nahh you dont know what im talking about. Lebron isn't clutch outside his driving capabilities.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:10 pm

Yeah,i know what are you talking about kb.I watched this argument with Ryan that you have.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:12 pm

KB24 wrote:
What do you mean Lebron passes up more on game winners then Kobe? ughh proof says their tied in that category. http://82games.com/CSORT11.HTM

And what do you mean Kobe's fg% in the clutch is way lower then Lebron? Their's only a 3% difference. And if you look on the site, Lebron is in way more clutch situations then Kobe. 51 games to 39, 215 to 136 mins.

I said game winning assists, Abdi, not clutch ones. And LeBron still averages more according to that page (8.2 to 6).

Again, on game winning shots, Kobe shoots 25% according to 82games.com, which is 9% lower than LeBron, and as it shows on the page you're displaying, LeBron still shoots better. How does his STILL being lower prove LeBron isn't clutch?

Like I've said before, Kobe is, IMO, a better a better shooter from perimeter in the clutch, but it can't be proven in any way, because LeBron just doesn't take those shots much. Your claim that he isn't clutch is unfounded, and is borderline hater status.
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:15 pm

CBI wrote:
KB24 wrote:
Again, he shoots in 95% of the time.. what is "killer instinct" btw? I've always wonderd

Great point, great point. Yes, he's not clutch. Just like Kobe's cant drive right? Yeah... neither of our points really mean much, just because we both know were wrong.

But thats the thing. He doesn't drive it in everytime. I'm the witness of a million dumb LBJ pull up jumpers. Quite a few go in.

Killer instinct is the guts to take the last shot, when nobody else dont wanna take it.

When Lebron drives for game winners he mostly makes them, but when hes shooting everybody knows its gunna miss.
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:17 pm

Lebron averages more cuz he has wayyy more minutes and way more games in. duhh his production will be a bit higher. Lebron is not clutchhhhhhhhhhhhhhh k im not hating, it's obvious Lebron isn't clutch
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:18 pm

I wouldn't bet that he'll miss the clutch shot.Believe,he has barried the Blazers couple of times in the Rose Garden with his clutchness.Outlaw didn't let him to shot but he couldn't stop the lay up

LeBron will deliver for his team,he's much in the clutch.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:20 pm

KB24 wrote:
Lebron averages more cuz he has wayyy more minutes and way more games in. duhh his production will be a bit higher. Lebron is not clutchhhhhhhhhhhhhhh k im not hating, it's obvious Lebron isn't clutch

No,LeBron averges more assists because he's better passer

LeBron's clutch,he is great clutch perfomer.You have to make a game plan for LeBron in the last second.As good is his inside clutcher he is,he's as that from outside
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?   Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who is the best clutch shooter in the NBA's History?
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next