Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

no baseball fans here?

Go down 
+6
No Longer DEAD
cbi
YS
Janet
Rush
10 posters
AuthorMessage

no baseball fans here? Empty
PostSubject: no baseball fans here?   no baseball fans here? EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 3:00 am

Cmon there gotta be some baseball fans in here lol. I cant believe nobody been in this section yet. Lets start off by telling everybody what your favorite team is. Mine should be obvious lol. Its the Philadelphia Phillies - 2008 World Series Champions, baby Smile

Losing this year's World Series to the Yankees def sucks but the Phillies should win the NL East in 2010 and make a deep run in the playoffs once again. The Phillies just signed Polanco to replace Pedro Feliz at 3B. Its been rumored that the Phillies are in the running for Roy Halladay.

Anyways, what is your favorite MLB team?
Back to top Go down
Rush
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Rush

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: no baseball fans here?   no baseball fans here? EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 3:05 am

Uhhh, I barely keep up with baseball... My team is Jays, and I hope Roy stays in Toronto ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

Female Posts : 9485

PostSubject: Re: no baseball fans here?   no baseball fans here? EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 4:04 am

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE Very Happy lol

I love Baseball don't get me wrong i do love Basketball too but Baseball is my true and only passion .

The Yankees and hey we did play your Phillies last year good series but at the Yankees prevailed and it made me laugh so hard when Jimmy Rollins said that they were going to win in 5 PSHH yeah okay!

I think that the Yankees just have to continue and Pitch lets see Sabathia , Burnett, Pettitte are locks not going any where for next year but the next 2 guys in the rotation and we will see if Highes, or Joba can fill that role but we can't forget Wang i hope he is finally healthy he was not last year i still think he came back a little soon. Or i keep hearing they are still in the run for Halladay, the are the Yankees always going to be in these talks.

Also they got Granderson [GRRRR ] lol the thing about him is he did have the power 30hr and is a classy guy will do good in the club house BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT ...... he was crappy against Left Handed Pitchers like he batted barely over 200 and also Strikes out a lot and not for me but i keep hearing his swing with Yankee stadium it will help.

The whole outfield they have contacted Damon so we are in that process.

Any thing else........ thinking thinking thinking...

No i think the Yankees have it under control Cashman has been doing his job and the whole Yankee group Very Happy

Wow see when you get me talking baseball you can't stop me lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/JanetYFFL
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: no baseball fans here?   no baseball fans here? EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 4:29 pm

Phillies!!
Back to top Go down
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 1275

PostSubject: Re: no baseball fans here?   no baseball fans here? EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 5:11 pm

I was going to say JANET!! but she already answered.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: no baseball fans here?   no baseball fans here? EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 10:13 pm

Yeah.... i was wondering where the baseball threads were...
Indians .... are .... beasts.
That suck. lol.

Anyway..how about that Yanks/Diamondbacks/Tigers trade?
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: no baseball fans here?   no baseball fans here? EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 10:17 pm

The D-backs got raped.....
They are not in a position to make a run for the title...so idk why they traded their future away..

Great trade for the Yankees....even though Curtis is aweful against lefties....Melky could fill in for him on those nights, I guess..

And Tigers....get a great pitching talent....
They now have a great rotation...
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: no baseball fans here?   no baseball fans here? EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 10:21 pm

Idk...im upset that one of my fave players, yet again goes to play for the Bad Guys(I mean, I hate the Tigers more than the Yankees..its just..I'd rather good players go to the Tigers..idk). Granderson is too much a class act for the Yanks. lol.

But yeah, at first i figured Tigers got raped giving up two of their better/best players but I took a look at those pitchers they received..and now the Indians are gonna have to put up w/ those a-holes....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: no baseball fans here?   no baseball fans here? EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 10:28 pm

Redbirds Reppin right here!

Albert Pujols=Future HOF'er.
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: no baseball fans here?   no baseball fans here? EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 10:31 pm

Wow...of course Pujols is a HOF'er...lol
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: no baseball fans here?   no baseball fans here? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 12:42 am

It's a bit early for me to talk about baseball.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ

PostSubject: Re: no baseball fans here?   no baseball fans here? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 2:52 am

CBI wrote:
Yeah.... i was wondering where the baseball threads were...
Indians .... are .... beasts.
That suck. lol.

Anyway..how about that Yanks/Diamondbacks/Tigers trade?

The Indians are rebuilding big-time. It will be awhile before they become relevant again. I find it hard to believe because they were leading 3-1 over Boston in ALCS in 2007 and it went downhill after that.

About that trade, I think the D-Backs did fine. The Tigers lost this trade big time. The Yankees get an upgrade at CF with Granderson. Even though Granderson's batting average isn't too high and he strikes out quite often, he can swing the ball for sure. I think he needs to develop more compact swing so he can hit the ball to all parts of the field. The Yankees don't need him to hit HRs, they need him to get on bases which I think he can do. Despite Granderson's glaring weaknesses, he is still a big upgrade over Cabrera and Gardner.

I don't know why the Tigers gave away Edwin Jackson. I really like the guy. He's a proven All-Star pitcher. I think Scherzer is decent but he is a #4 or #5 starter at best. I don't know what to think of Schlereth. I haven't seen enough of him. Phil Coke is overrated. He's a below-average reliever. The Tigers dropped the ball big-time on this one.

The D'Backs got a steal in Jackson. He's still young and he will only get better. The Yankees did what they had to upgrade their CF position. I really don't understand why the Tigers feel the need to shed payroll. They almost made the playoffs in 2009. They weren't that far away from being a playoff team. Now they let Polanco go to the Phillies and shipped Granderson & Jackson. Bad, bad, bad decision by the Tigers.
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

PostSubject: Re: no baseball fans here?   no baseball fans here? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 2:57 am

I still wanted to see Austin Jackson i just heard so much from him and the Yankees loved the kid so much good raves about the Kid but i guess they saw something i did not and decided to trade him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: no baseball fans here?   no baseball fans here? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 3:05 am

Janet wrote:
I still wanted to see Austin Jackson i just heard so much from him and the Yankees loved the kid so much good raves about the Kid but i guess they saw something i did not and decided to trade him.

Knowing the Yankees, they will do whatever it takes to improve their current roster. Sometimes you gotta give up something to get what you really want. The Yankees wanted Granderson and they got him. They had to give up something and they gave up Austin Jackson. It's simple as that.
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

PostSubject: Re: no baseball fans here?   no baseball fans here? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 3:11 am

Yes they are the Yankees defending champs for a reason and i hope it don't come to bite their ass , I trust Cashman did his job Very Happy.

I really did not want Granderson , but i have to give the guy the benefit of the doubt and hope he can maybe hit better v.s Lefties and less K's
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: no baseball fans here?   no baseball fans here? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 3:22 am

Yep, like I said, Granderson definitely has few glaring weaknesses but he is still a big upgrade over Cabrera and Gardner. Granderson has a tendency to pull his swing for more power. It will make you strike out quite often too. He could hit for 35 homers playing in the Yanks Stadium but if he wants to be a more productive player, he needs to start hitting all over the field and focus less on swinging for power. I think he can do that because he will be given a lot of protection in the Yankee's potent line-up.
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

PostSubject: Re: no baseball fans here?   no baseball fans here? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 3:31 am

Granderson has more power than both Melky and Gardner . I am thinking where would be bat in

Lets see Potential Line up
1- maybe first , or Damon still thinking if he will come back
2- Jeter
- Texiera
Arod
Posada
Granderson [ again lets see where Damon goes]
Cano
Swisher , or Cabrera i hear also they might trade swisher
DH - Well Matsui won't be there next year so that spot is open

the Lineup will still be deadly amazing !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: no baseball fans here?   no baseball fans here? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 3:40 am

If Damon comes back then Granderson can hit 6th or 7th in that lineup but if the Yankees decide not to re-sign Damon then Granderson will probably be forced to bat at the lead-off spot. I think its unlikely that the Yankees will bring back Damon. They do still have interest in him but it doesn't sound like the Yankees are serious about bringing him back.
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

PostSubject: Re: no baseball fans here?   no baseball fans here? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 3:43 am

Last time i checked they Started Talks with Damon

I just Damon for another year he did great last year just have to wait and see damn Baseball COME SOON PLEASE!
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: no baseball fans here?   no baseball fans here? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 6:06 pm

Sorry, but I consider baseball to be one of the most boring sports ever created, so I don't follow it. But I still hate the Yankees for just buying themselves a team year after year.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: no baseball fans here?   no baseball fans here? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 6:08 pm

GIGANTES=2010 WORLD CHAMPS no baseball fans here? 511544

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

WE GOT THE FREAK AND THE PANDA! CANT STOP THE FU! =P
Back to top Go down
VP
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
VP

Male Posts : 517

PostSubject: Re: no baseball fans here?   no baseball fans here? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:50 pm

Arizona Diamondbacks. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: no baseball fans here?   no baseball fans here? Empty

Back to top Go down

no baseball fans here?
Page 1 of 1