Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Transcoding XAVC S files from Sony HDR-AS100V to FCP 7

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lydia622520
College Baller
College Baller

Transcoding XAVC S files from Sony HDR-AS100V to FCP 7 Empty
PostSubject: Transcoding XAVC S files from Sony HDR-AS100V to FCP 7   Transcoding XAVC S files from Sony HDR-AS100V to FCP 7 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 4:07 am

Summary: You may find that Final Cut Pro 7 does not support Sony HDR-AS100V XAVC S footage. Thus, AS100V XAVC S files must first be converted into a supported video file type before FCP can import them. Read this article below and you will how to.

There is an issue that has troubled me for days. When I opened FCP 7 on Mac, the footage from my Sony HDR-AS100V cannot be recognized. I had searched the method and tried the Log and Transfer, but still failed. An alternative way I found to get Sony HDR-AS100V XAVC S into FCP 7 flawlessly is to convert XAVC S to ProRes. I’ve tried the workaround. Yes, it works. Now I’m going to share the details for importing Sony AS100V footage to Final Cut Pro 7. If you are stuck in the issues, just read on.

Generally, we can use Log and Transfer or Log and Capture to import videos, images, ect to FCP for editing. But XAVC S codec is a new one, and is not widely supported, including FCP 6/7 and even the latest FCP X. Since, Apple ProRes is the most compatible codec for FCP, so if we want to edit Sony AS100V XAVC S on Final Cut Pro 7, it is necessary to convert those already shot XAVC S files to ProRes .mov using third-party software. I recommended you to try Brorsoft Video Converter for Mac, which is a professional tool for Mac users to transcode full HD 1080p and ultra HD 4K to Final Cut Pro with the best quality.

Tutorial on converting Sony AS100V XAVC S to Final Cut Pro 7 in simple steps

Step 1. Launch the XAVC S to ProRes Converter on your Mac, then click the adding button to import your XAVC S flies from HD drive or your camcorder directly.

Step 2. Click the Format bar to get the drop-down menu and you can get the Apple ProRes codecs, including ProRes 422 (HQ), ProRes 422, ProRes 422 (LT), ProRes 422 (Proxy) and ProRes 4444. Choose the proper one you want.

Step 3. Press the “Settings” icon and you’d better set the video frame rate as 30fps, video size as 1920*1080 for editing Sony HDR-AS100V footages in FCP 7 with best quality.

Step 4. Hit the Convert button in the main interface to start the XAVC S to FCP ProRes conversion on Mac OS X.

After the conversion, you can run the Final Cut Pro and click File --> Import --> Files to import the converted files and edit them in FCP without any rendering or unrecognizable problem.

Source:
Quote :
http://movies-videos-convert-tips.overblog.com/2014/10/converting-sony-as100v-xavc-s-to-prores-for-fcp-7.html
Back to top Go down

Transcoding XAVC S files from Sony HDR-AS100V to FCP 7
Page 1 of 1