Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Sony HDR-AS100V to Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 workflow

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lydia622520
College Baller
College Baller

Sony HDR-AS100V to Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 workflow Empty
PostSubject: Sony HDR-AS100V to Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 workflow   Sony HDR-AS100V to Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 workflow EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 4:21 am

Summary: The Adobe Premiere Pro won't import XAVC S files from Sony HDR-AS100V smoothly. The easy workaround is to transcode Sony XAVC S to a more "edit" friendly codec.

A new action cam Sony HDR-AS100V has come to us, which is able to record 1920 x 1080 60p video in either the high-quality XAVC S (50Mbps) format or MP4 format. Well, with every new camera, come many new questions about its workflow. In this page, I will list some tips and tricks for importing XAVC S files from Sony HDR-AS100V to Adobe Premiere Pro(CS5/CS6/CC).

I’ve tried to get XAVC S footage from an AS100V to work in Premiere Pro CS6. It imports, but when I try to do anything with it, it crashes. As far as I know Adobe can’t support XAVC S/XAVC 4K & HD. You may also be troubled by the similar problem. To get rid of the issues, you will need to transcode Sony AS100V XAVC S to MPEG-2, a more "edit" friendly codec for Adobe Premiere Pro.

Now I share the guide with you how to convert AS100V XAVC S footage to Premiere Pro friendly format using Brorsoft Video Converter for Mac. With it, you can effortlessly encode/re-encode XAVC S footage shot from Sony Sony HDR-AS100V for smoothly importing and editing in various non-linear editing systems (NLE), including Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, iMovie, Avid Media Composer and more. If you're using a Windows, please turn to its equivalent Windows version –Video Converter, which can help you solve the XAVC S codec issues on Windows(Windows 8 included). Just download it and keep reading for a brief how-to on each process.

How to import Sony AS100V footage to Premiere Pro

1. Download, install and run the XAVC S to Premiere Pro Converter; click "Add Videos" icon to load your source XAVC S videos. This video app can also help you to encode 4K to Premiere Pro like 4K XAVC/XAVC S, 4K MP4, etc.

2.Click “Format” bar and choose Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas --> MPEG-2(*.mpg) as output format for editing XAVC S clips in Adobe with natively supported video codec.

3. Click "Settings" button if you’d like to customize advanced audio and video parameters like Video Codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, Audio codec, sample rate, audio channels.

4. Hit the convert button, it will start converting XAVC S from Sony HDR-AS100V for importing to Adobe Premiere Pro immediately. Soon after the conversion, just click “Open” button to get the generated files for natively editing in Premiere Pro CS6/CS5/CS4/CS3 perfectly.

Source:Sony HDR-AS100V to Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 workflow

Quote :
http://lauralily10.tumblr.com/post/100462701504/premiere-pro-wont-ingest-xavc-s-from-sony-as100v
Back to top Go down

Sony HDR-AS100V to Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 workflow
Page 1 of 1