Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

How do I best edit TiVo files in Avid Media Composer

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lydia622520
College Baller
College Baller

How do I best edit TiVo files in Avid Media Composer Empty
PostSubject: How do I best edit TiVo files in Avid Media Composer   How do I best edit TiVo files in Avid Media Composer EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 3:29 am

Summary: To get Avid Media Composer work perfectly with TiVo shows, the best way is to convert TiVo to DNxHD MOV, something ensuring best results when using TiVo recordings in Avid. Here is how.

Using TiVo Desktop on your computer you can record TV programs in *.tivo format. However, the .TiVo is an encrypted video format, it’s not easy to play and edit those TV shows. Then, how to get Avid Media Composer working perfectly with TiVo recordings? A best way is to convert TiVo files to DNxHD, something ensuring maximum editing quality and efficiency when working with Avid MC.

If you have problems when editing TiVo files in Avid Media Composer and want to make a smooth editing, you can read on the article to learn more. Here I will outline how to transcode TiVo files to DNxHD .mov for smoothly importing and editing in Avid Media Composer 5/5.5/6/7.

Transcoding TiVo to DNxHD for Editing in Avid Media Composer

The quick workaround is to use the easy-to-use yet professional app Brorosft Video Converter for Mac which can be used as a TiVo to Avid Converter under Mac OS X Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite, etc. It is free, clean and safe to install and use. With it, you can effortlessly transcode TiVo to DNxHD for Avid, MPEG-2 for Premiere Pro, ProRes for FCP, AIC for iMovie, etc with the best quality. If you are running a Windows computer, please turn to the alternative Windows version – TiVo Converter. Below is how.

Step 1. Add TiVo videos to the converter

Once you run the TiVo converting program, click Add button to load your source files. When the .tivo files are loaded, you can view the videos from the Preview window.

Tip: When first loading, Brorsoft TiVo Converter will ask you to input your Media Access Key. Simply enter your Media Access Key, and click "OK" to confirm.

Step 2. Choose DNxHD MOV as output format

Brorsoft MOV to Avid Converter features the optimized format preset for Avid Media Composer. Go to "Avid Media Composer -> DNxHD (*.mov)" and set it.

Tips: Advanced video/audio settings

If the default settings do not fit your needs, you can click “Settings” button to adjust audio and video parameters as you like.

Step 3. Convert TiVo files to Avid Media Composer

Click “Convert” button and the selected TiVo files will be converted to DNxHD encoded MOV. You may check the converting progress and set auto shutdown in the conversion window. After conversion, click “Open” folder to find converted footage for importing to Avid Media Composer.

Source:How to use TiVo shows in Avid Media Composer

Quote :
http://hd-video-transferring-mac-wins.jimdo.com/2014/10/08/transcode-tivo-to-dnxhd-for-avid-media-composer-5-6-7/
Back to top Go down

How do I best edit TiVo files in Avid Media Composer
Page 1 of 1