Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Rubio is headed to Minny

Go down 
+8
Fox News
YS
Chris
Darko
Chosen One
cbi
Raza
BNB
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

Rubio is headed to Minny - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Rubio is headed to Minny   Rubio is headed to Minny - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 1:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6617479

he's finally coming over.... unless there's a lockout
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Rubio is headed to Minny   Rubio is headed to Minny - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 10:24 pm

There is a lot more to how prolific of a distributor a player is, other than his assist numbers. If you have ever seen Rubio play, you know he gets a lot of hockey assist, which are sometimes more important than the actual assist. Also 3.5 assist in 23 minutes isn't overly impressive, eh? Well consider the fact that in the NBA a team will attempt over 80 shots per contest; well, his team- Barcelona- only attempted 56 shots per contest. Some simple arithmetic will tell you: 'damn!'
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Rubio is headed to Minny   Rubio is headed to Minny - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 6:44 am

Josh The Parrot wrote:
There is a lot more to how prolific of a distributor a player is, other than his assist numbers. If you have ever seen Rubio play, you know he gets a lot of hockey assist, which are sometimes more important than the actual assist. Also 3.5 assist in 23 minutes isn't overly impressive, eh? Well consider the fact that in the NBA a team will attempt over 80 shots per contest; well, his team- Barcelona- only attempted 56 shots per contest. Some simple arithmetic will tell you: 'damn!'

Ok, so multiply Barcelona's shots by 1.43, and you get 80. Multiply his assist numbers by 1.43, you get about 5. Multiply 23 minutes by 2 for more playing time, and that's 10. So we can predict 10 assists a game if he plays about a full game, which we know he won't because he doesn't have the stamina or athleticism. Also, Minnesota has 3 PGs already, Flynn, Telfair, Ridnour. The most APG combined with hockey assists a game (I know you don't count those but just for argument's sake...) is probably gonna be 6
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Rubio is headed to Minny   Rubio is headed to Minny - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 9:27 am

He confirmed that he's going to NBA.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Rubio is headed to Minny   Rubio is headed to Minny - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 10:03 am

Raza wrote:
Josh The Parrot wrote:

Ok, so multiply Barcelona's shots by 1.43, and you get 80. Multiply his assist numbers by 1.43, you get about 5. Multiply 23 minutes by 2 for more playing time, and that's 10. So we can predict 10 assists a game if he plays about a full game, which we know he won't because he doesn't have the stamina or athleticism. Also, Minnesota has 3 PGs already, Flynn, Telfair, Ridnour. The most APG combined with hockey assists a game (I know you don't count those but just for argument's sake...) is probably gonna be 6
How does athleticism associate with logging minutes? Also, I say he is exceptionally athletic. And how do you have a clue about his stamina? Rubio logs more minutes than everyone on his team, at 23 MPG; yeah, Euro-league basketball is a lot different. You apparently have never the Regal Barcelona basketball team; Rubio isn't exactly set up for assist, either. Euro-league teams like to admire retired NBA veterans. Juan Carlos is similar to a Kobe Bryant figure to Barcelona.
Back to top Go down
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Rubio is headed to Minny   Rubio is headed to Minny - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 4:40 pm

I definitely think he'll be a bust, most guys who develop their skills in Europe fail to do much. Minnesota has too many young guys they need to develop and trying to develop Rubio alongside everything they're planning with their young team.

I can't say much, but I'm going to be curious to see how he does in Minnesota and how he develops into a new player. I've heard two sides, either hes going to be a bust, or he'll be one of the sickest players in a while, and I still can't grasp either side yet until I see him play.

This will be interesting.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Rubio is headed to Minny   Rubio is headed to Minny - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 5:31 pm

I like Rubio. He's not gonna score but I hope he goes crazy with the assists and trick passes.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Rubio is headed to Minny   Rubio is headed to Minny - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 4:22 am

The dude is excellent passer and overall does everything well expect scoring
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Rubio is headed to Minny   Rubio is headed to Minny - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 4:54 am

ill laugh when he gets benched 7/24
Back to top Go down
#1 Rockets Fan
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
#1 Rockets Fan

Female Posts : 1181

PostSubject: Re: Rubio is headed to Minny   Rubio is headed to Minny - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 9:16 am

So he finally decides to make his way to the States. I hope he gets benched too. Laughing
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Rubio is headed to Minny   Rubio is headed to Minny - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 12:19 pm

Finally. Hope he is worth the wait for them.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Rubio is headed to Minny   Rubio is headed to Minny - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 12:22 pm

he looked kinda scared when he showed up to Minny's airport with 200-400 people greeting him.

Immagine how scared he's gonna be when he enters the stadium with thousands of people?

He even told a Minny reporter that he hopes the city doesn't think he's gonna be a savior.... in other words, don't expect him to help this team become good.
Back to top Go down
Stefan
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Stefan

Male Posts : 940

PostSubject: Re: Rubio is headed to Minny   Rubio is headed to Minny - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:49 pm

Rubio is great player ,he can make team mates better ,and can play a good game without even scoring Smile)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rubio is headed to Minny   Rubio is headed to Minny - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rubio is headed to Minny
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2