Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

What do you think of this trade?

Go down 
+2
Fox News
Abdu
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

Male Posts : 2595

What do you think of this trade? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think of this trade?   What do you think of this trade? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 5:39 pm

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3tjhazq

For the Magic: Dwight Howard is going to pull a LeBron and leave in 2012, so the Magic might as well get something for him while they can. And getting these two bigs is the best the Magic could wish for.. + They get rid of that bum fucker Arenas and his nasty contract to help rebuild. Bass is in the deal so they won't have a logjam downlow.

For the Lakers: Dwight Howard is better than Bynum & Gasol combined, fact. And maybe, just maybe Arenas could play half decent and possibly start @ PG... if not, i'm sure he'd still be a better backup PG than suck ass Steve Blake. We'd also get Brandon Bass who would be a nice backup PF.

Orlando's starting five: Nelson - Richardson - Hedo - Gasol - Bynum

LA's starting five
: Arenas(or Fish..) - Kobe - Artest - Odom - Howard
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this trade?   What do you think of this trade? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 8:16 pm

No. Why trade for him? Just sign him!
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this trade?   What do you think of this trade? EmptyMon May 09, 2011 10:55 pm

I doubt we'll have the cap to sign him.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this trade?   What do you think of this trade? EmptyTue May 10, 2011 3:41 pm

Trade machine Mad
Back to top Go down
DareDevil
College Baller
College Baller
DareDevil

Male Posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this trade?   What do you think of this trade? EmptyTue May 10, 2011 6:15 pm

That would totally be a Lakers Steal!
Back to top Go down
http://www.battlezone.forumotion.com www.stardom.forumotion.com
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this trade?   What do you think of this trade? EmptyTue May 10, 2011 10:28 pm

Yea but it's a good deal for ORL too.
Back to top Go down
DareDevil
College Baller
College Baller
DareDevil

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this trade?   What do you think of this trade? EmptyWed May 11, 2011 4:54 pm

Not really in my oppinion!
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this trade?   What do you think of this trade? EmptyWed May 11, 2011 6:16 pm

I actually think Orlando wins this trade.

Arenas's contract will come back to haunt the lakers... and I can't see him and Kobe playing well together. Arenas likes to put 'em up.... and so does Kobe. Also, I think Arenas is washed up. he hasn't done anything in a coupl eof years... Don't forget, Howard likes getting the ball as well.

If Bynum can stay healthy, the Magic would have 2 all-star caliber big men... Odom can be considered all-star caliber, but he's more effective coming off the bench and I think his best days are behind him.
Back to top Go down
DareDevil
College Baller
College Baller
DareDevil

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this trade?   What do you think of this trade? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 4:57 pm

Yeah but the Lakers would get Dwight Howard with his inside presence and Kobe outside shooting that would be very hard to beat they would have tons of lethal weapons!
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this trade?   What do you think of this trade? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 5:05 pm

if this trade were to happen, there'd be chemistry issues waiting to happen... Kobe doesn't have time to try and gel with new guys.

From 3, kobe shoots 32%... that's average.

From 16-23 feet, he shoots 38%... that is below average.

He's a great mid-range shooter.

With the lakers line-up after this trade, the lakers would only have one good 3 point shooter. Arenas. But he hasn't been that good lately.

Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this trade?   What do you think of this trade? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 5:10 pm

I haven't really paid too much attention to it, but my guess on Kobe shooting 32% from the three point line is him trying to be a hero and fading away off the dribble for a contested 3..

Dwight Howard demands double teams, and it's been pretty clear the past few years that shooters get open from those double teams and hit their open shots. If most of Kobe's threes were relatively open looks, I don't see why he couldn't hit 35 to 38% from behind the line
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this trade?   What do you think of this trade? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 5:20 pm

With shaq in his prime, kobe couldn't hit 38% of this 3's more once. Shaq's whole time in LA, Kobe hit around 33% of his 3's... The past 2 years with Gasol and Bynum, Kobe hasn't gone over 32% from 3... Howard won't improve his percentage to 38 becace Kobe just isn't a great 3 point shooter.

All 3 pt% stats are flawed in some way. For example, Rose has easily shot the most end of quarter shots this season. I have watched every single bulls game, and I can safely say that Rose has shot over 50 shots from beyond half court and only made 1... all of those counted towards his 3 pt. % stat.

So lets take away 70 3 point attempts... his 3 pt. % is suddenly 38% which is pretty good.

but what does that mean? nothing really... just felt like saying it.
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this trade?   What do you think of this trade? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 5:40 pm

Bulls N' Bears wrote:
if this trade were to happen, there'd be chemistry issues waiting to happen... Kobe doesn't have time to try and gel with new guys.

From 3, kobe shoots 32%... that's average.

From 16-23 feet, he shoots 38%... that is below average.

He's a great mid-range shooter.

With the lakers line-up after this trade, the lakers would only have one good 3 point shooter. Arenas. But he hasn't been that good lately.

I don't see how there would be chemistry issues? And as of now we are already a bad 3 point shooting team... did you see how bad we were from 3PT vs. Dallas? If anything, this trade would help improve our 3PT shooting...
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this trade?   What do you think of this trade? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 5:44 pm

You don't see chemistry issues? Uhh... Arenas and Kobe? Together?

If arenas were to get his rythm back, there would be problems. He loves to shoot it. So does Kobe. Shit, even Gasol and Bynum gave hints that they wanted the ball more.. how do you think Howard would respond after being the #1 option in ORL and would have to settle for Arenas and Kobe shooting it for a combined 35+ times a game?
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this trade?   What do you think of this trade? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 5:47 pm

Trade Machine. Mad
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this trade?   What do you think of this trade? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 5:55 pm

We would use Arenas as nothing more than a role player.... his job would just simply be to knock down open shots. And about shots... Bynum & Gasol combined for 1533 FGA this season and Dwight Howard 1044 FGA... so there would be more than enough shots to go around.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this trade?   What do you think of this trade? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 6:26 pm

When Arenas was a great scorer in this league, how did he score? He created his own shots.. it was easier for him because he played point and always had the ball in his hand. If he plays point for LA, which he would... he would have the ball in his hands. That would cause problems with Kobe because Gil has a problem giving up the ball when he gets hot. And so does Kobe.

It wouldn't work.

Also, gilberts job in orlando was to knock down open jumpers. How did that work out? Oh yeah.. it didn't..

Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this trade?   What do you think of this trade? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 7:57 pm

Bulls N' Bears wrote:
With shaq in his prime, kobe couldn't hit 38% of this 3's more once. Shaq's whole time in LA, Kobe hit around 33% of his 3's... The past 2 years with Gasol and Bynum, Kobe hasn't gone over 32% from 3... Howard won't improve his percentage to 38 becace Kobe just isn't a great 3 point shooter.

All 3 pt% stats are flawed in some way. For example, Rose has easily shot the most end of quarter shots this season. I have watched every single bulls game, and I can safely say that Rose has shot over 50 shots from beyond half court and only made 1... all of those counted towards his 3 pt. % stat.

So lets take away 70 3 point attempts... his 3 pt. % is suddenly 38% which is pretty good.

but what does that mean? nothing really... just felt like saying it.

Kobe sure was more of a shot-jacker in past years..like the early to mid 2000s. Well not really a shot jacker, but his shot selection was pretty bad back then because of a lack of other scorers and a mindset that the Lakers won't score if he doesn't.

Since the season Gasol came to the Lakers, Kobe's three point shooting has been 34.1%. Before that season, he was a 32.7% shooter, and just for fairness' sake and to prevent questions from popping up, I'll put in that he was a 32.68 (32.7..)% three point shooter in the span from the 2000 NBA Championship up until the Gasol year.

So yeah..it's not TOO big of a difference (about 1.5%) from pre-Gasol to Gasol, but Gasol doesn't demand the double teams that Dwight Howard does. And like you said (I think it was you..lol), the Lakers don't have too many shooters, so obviously the pressure will be on Kobe to shoot more of the open shots that Dwight will provide...

...and now I seem like I have no idea what I'm talking about. It makes sense in my head. I'm gonna stop now Mad

And on a side note, are the Dwight Howard to L.A. rumors actual legit rumors or are they just RBTers using their imaginations saying that Dwight will go to LA?
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this trade?   What do you think of this trade? EmptyThu May 12, 2011 8:05 pm

Bulls N' Bears wrote:
When Arenas was a great scorer in this league, how did he score? He created his own shots.. it was easier for him because he played point and always had the ball in his hand. If he plays point for LA, which he would... he would have the ball in his hands. That would cause problems with Kobe because Gil has a problem giving up the ball when he gets hot. And so does Kobe.

It wouldn't work.

Also, gilberts job in orlando was to knock down open jumpers. How did that work out? Oh yeah.. it didn't..

I can finally agree with you..

Abdul, you can't count on him to knock down open jumpers because he can't shoot...Best bet would be to make the trade and waive him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this trade?   What do you think of this trade? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you think of this trade?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Basketball Talk :: General NBA Talk :: General NBA :: Rumors/Trades-
Jump to: