Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Melo to knicks. done deal.

Go down 
+14
Rush
Snow.
wallshingtonwizard
Mo
SO6P [KING]
Quality
Straight Edge Bluntness
No Longer DEAD
Nick C
Tar Heel
Abdu
Fox News
Raza
BNB
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 11:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

Nuggets get: Felton, Chandler, Gallo, Mozgov, 2014 1st round pick and 2 nd round picks, 3 Million in cash

Knicks geT: Melo, Billups and few more that don't matter, Corey Brewer from MIN

MIN gets: Curry, Anthony Randolph

FINALLY!!!

now I don't have to hear about it anymore

Last edited by Bulls N' Bears on Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

Male Posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 1:33 am

Bulls N' Bears wrote:
@Ben- Yeah.... I bet Utah, NO, and Orlando are starting to sweat a little. But then again... maybe not. If they can get as much as DEN got for Melo, I think they'll be fine with that.

Lakers almost have a free ride to the finals now..
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 1:45 am

King wrote:
Bulls N' Bears wrote:
@Ben- Yeah.... I bet Utah, NO, and Orlando are starting to sweat a little. But then again... maybe not. If they can get as much as DEN got for Melo, I think they'll be fine with that.

Did this trade affect the San Antonio Spurs, the Dallas Mavericks (your own fucking team), or the Oklahoma City Thunder? No, it doesn't. It only affects the Nuggets, who weren't a championship contender really in the first place...so I don't get how this makes it for a free ride for the Lakers to get to the Finals...
Back to top Go down
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 1:58 am

This shit is making me think that the league is becoming more corrupt everyday, they are trying to bring big names to big cities, to cash in the dough, and are only worried about themselves. I really dislike this era of the NBA. I had a long thing typed out about this shit, but I accidently went to the 2nd page and erased it all. I was fine with the Amare pick-up, but I hate that Carmelo couldn't stay in Denver a team that is a great postseason team and try and contend for a ring instead of leaving his town that made him. NBA is bullshit.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 2:58 am

Mo-Money wrote:
This shit is making me think that the league is becoming more corrupt everyday, they are trying to bring big names to big cities, to cash in the dough, and are only worried about themselves. I really dislike this era of the NBA. I had a long thing typed out about this shit, but I accidently went to the 2nd page and erased it all. I was fine with the Amare pick-up, but I hate that Carmelo couldn't stay in Denver a team that is a great postseason team and try and contend for a ring instead of leaving his town that made him. NBA is bullshit.

This trade just makes the NY Knicks a dark horse for the Eastern Conference championship.

The West still goes through San Antonio and the Lakers. The Nuggets
before this trade still had an outside shot to shock folks, but the team
made this move to avoid a "Decision". Depending on how Carmelo treats
his first press conference, he could at least limit the amount of boos
he'll get when he returns to Pepsi Center next season.

Do I think the NBA is corrupt? Yes. But notice the big cities (with one team) that the big names aren't going to. One, San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose. Two, Washington, DC. Three, Toronto. At least with a new CBA and with owners fighting for more control of franchises, hopefully we'll see more equity so the have-nots can thrive while John Wall Rocks in Wizards Red.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 3:04 am

No Longer DEAD wrote:
King wrote:
Bulls N' Bears wrote:

Did this trade affect the San Antonio Spurs, the Dallas Mavericks (your own fucking team), or the Oklahoma City Thunder? No, it doesn't. It only affects the Nuggets, who weren't a championship contender really in the first place...so I don't get how this makes it for a free ride for the Lakers to get to the Finals...

My Mavericks will choke like they always do, San Antonio isn't beating the Lakers, OKC isn't there yet. Lakers have a free ride.
Back to top Go down
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 3:04 am

thewiz06 wrote:
Mo-Money wrote:

This trade just makes the NY Knicks a dark horse for the Eastern Conference championship.

The West still goes through San Antonio and the Lakers. The Nuggets
before this trade still had an outside shot to shock folks, but the team
made this move to avoid a "Decision". Depending on how Carmelo treats
his first press conference, he could at least limit the amount of boos
he'll get when he returns to Pepsi Center next season.

Do I think the NBA is corrupt? Yes. But notice the big cities (with one team) that the big names aren't going to. One, San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose. Two, Washington, DC. Three, Toronto. At least with a new CBA and with owners fighting for more control of franchises, hopefully we'll see more equity so the have-nots can thrive while John Wall Rocks in Wizards Red.

The Knicks won't beat any of the top four teams in the East.
Are you retarded?
Back to top Go down
Snow.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Snow.

Male Posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 3:07 am

We gave up abit toooooo much.
Three promising players and a player who was playing so well this year for one great player one alright player and scrubss !

i still wish we would of got Nene or JR in their.

well i guess im out to buy a Melo Jersey
what number is he wearing 30 or 13?
Back to top Go down
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 3:16 am

Snow. wrote:
Three promising players and a player who was playing so well this year for one great player one alright player and scrubss !

Is 15 retired?
Carmelo Anthony is good, but he can't play a lick of defense.
The Knicks will be a poor mans Suns from 07.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 3:43 am

King wrote:
Snow. wrote:

Is 15 retired?

Earl Monroe and Dick McGuire wore 15 and it is a retired jersey.
Back to top Go down
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 3:51 am

Nick C wrote:
King wrote:
Snow. wrote:

Is 15 retired?

Earl Monroe and Dick McGuire wore 15 and it is a retired jersey.

I can't picture Melo with anything but 15..
Back to top Go down
Quality
College Baller
College Baller
Quality

Male Posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 10:07 am

I want to see how the Nuggets are going to do, if they are going to re-sign those guys or let them bolt. I really think they should get rid of the powder blues and go back to another color. Dark blue, time to revamp.
Back to top Go down
http://www.onthehum.blogspot.com/
Rush
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Rush

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 10:31 am

Cheesy move.... Now Cpaul or D-Will... In summer
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 11:25 am

King wrote:
thewiz06 wrote:
Mo-Money wrote:

The West still goes through San Antonio and the Lakers. The Nuggets before this trade still had an outside shot to shock folks, but the team made this move to avoid a "Decision". Depending on how Carmelo treats his first press conference, he could at least limit the amount of boos he'll get when he returns to Pepsi Center next season.

Are you retarded?

You never know. The team just got Denver's top two star players without having to give up their #1 acquisition.

Do I think they will win the East? Probably not this year. But do they have a team that can do it if the conditions are the right? Yes. Carmelo doesn't like playing on ball defense unless it's absolutely necessary. Mike D'Antoni believes the same way, because scoring to him is a team's best defense because the team that scores the most wins the game. Chauncey is a proven champion and Finals MVP who can drop timely shots when needed. Amare is an ideal big man in a run and gun offense, not unlike Denver. The Knicks players going to Denver should also fit in rather well because they are also a run and gun team.

If John Wall got to play in a fast offensive system, we would have won a few more games too.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 12:41 pm

I really do not like that we got rid of Felton, Gallo, and Chandler to get Melo. Although, we got Melo now and were able to keep Fields. Billups is a great player, but hope we trade him. He doesn't really fit the Knicks system on paper. And we got Naldo back. Yeah boi back when we had Naldo and Ariza. Naldo had more upside. I was kind of mad when we traded him for Bobby Jones and Taurean Green (none of which made our roster). It was the only Walsh move I questioned. Nuggets never played him and now we got him back yeah boy...
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 12:50 pm

Who wants to buy a Carmelo Denver jersey Neutral
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 1:20 pm

Raza wrote:
Who wants to buy a Carmelo Denver jersey Neutral

I have a Carmelo Denver jersey and a Syracuse jersey and soon a Knicks jersey. Last week I bought a Fields jersey from Ebay. Glad to see I can still wear it without looking stupid.
Back to top Go down
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 2:22 pm

thewiz06 wrote:
King wrote:
thewiz06 wrote:
Mo-Money wrote:

The West still goes through San Antonio and the Lakers. The Nuggets before this trade still had an outside shot to shock folks, but the team made this move to avoid a "Decision". Depending on how Carmelo treats his first press conference, he could at least limit the amount of boos he'll get when he returns to Pepsi Center next season.

Are you retarded?

You never know. The team just got Denver's top two star players without having to give up their #1 acquisition.

Do I think they will win the East? Probably not this year. But do they have a team that can do it if the conditions are the right? Yes. Carmelo doesn't like playing on ball defense unless it's absolutely necessary. Mike D'Antoni believes the same way, because scoring to him is a team's best defense because the team that scores the most wins the game. Chauncey is a proven champion and Finals MVP who can drop timely shots when needed. Amare is an ideal big man in a run and gun offense, not unlike Denver. The Knicks players going to Denver should also fit in rather well because they are also a run and gun team.

If John Wall got to play in a fast offensive system, we would have won a few more games too.

Offense wins 'games'
Defense wins 'championships'

I swear the Knicks won't get past the Bulls' defense.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 2:57 pm

The Knicks have beaten us both times we played them this year... mostly because they couldn't miss.

The knicks are the one team I do not wanna see in the first round.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 3:00 pm

Bulls N' Bears wrote:
The Knicks have beaten us both times we played them this year... mostly because they couldn't miss.

Well yeah we did and I'm happy for success against CHI after last yr. But I rather play the Hawks than the Bulls haha...

And I hope that getting sick a on Sunday and Monday when I was visiting CHI and coming back to campus from CHI doesn't serve as a bad omen or something. Damn sleet and cold ass air that was so damn windy I got thrown into Ogelvy and Union Stations.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 3:04 pm

EM: Landry Fields Forever wrote:
Bulls N' Bears wrote:

Well yeah we did and I'm happy for success against CHI after last yr. But I rather play the Hawks than the Bulls haha...

And I hope that getting sick a on Sunday and Monday when I was visiting CHI and coming back to campus from CHI doesn't serve as a bad omen or something. Damn sleet and cold ass air that was so damn windy I got thrown into Ogelvy and Union Stations.

I think it'll be hard for NY to get outta the 6th spot. And if the Bulls hang onto the 3rd spot...

when were you in CHI? It was really nice here like THURS and FRI hahaha
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 3:16 pm

Sunday and Monday haha...I was there Friday as well it was really nice on Friday I remember. I was visiting my old college and CHI was a stopover cause my friend that now goes to school after she transfered as well closer to her home wanted to visit our old school with me. She goes to school in CHI but is from Woodstock, IL

I felt like I was going to pass out cause of the weather and now I have a flu and eye irritations hahaha... It's a really nice city though I like it. Got to pass the United Center which was dope.

And yep it will be hard for Knicks to get to the 5th spot but not impossible. We beat the Hawks in a statement game before break and still have 1 more game against them this season. Right now as it stands we are like what 5 to 6 games out of 5th that's not impossible to make up. But that would mean we'd have to play Orlando assuming Orlando doesn't fall and that would not be that great. And makes it even tougher to do.
Back to top Go down
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 4:35 pm

Sunday and Monday haha...I was there Friday as well it was really nice on Friday I remember. I was visiting my old college and CHI was a stopover cause my friend that now goes to school after she transfered as well closer to her home wanted to visit our old school with me. She goes to school in CHI but is from Woodstock, IL

I felt like I was going to pass out cause of the weather and now I have a flu and eye irritations hahaha... It's a really nice city though I like it. Got to pass the United Center which was dope.

And yep it will be hard for Knicks to get to the 5th spot but not impossible. We beat the Hawks in a statement game before break and still have 1 more game against them this season. Right now as it stands we are like what 5 to 6 games out of 5th that's not impossible to make up. But that would mean we'd have to play Orlando assuming Orlando doesn't fall and that would not be that great. And makes it even tougher to do.

They are a first round exit. They can never beat the Bulls in a series at full health. LMAO.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 4:36 pm

good for the knicks.

yeah yeah they gave up their 2nd, 3rd, 4th scorers, a shit ton of money, three picks, curry and randolph but they got renaldo balkman. mother fucking renaldo balkman.

i like balkman Smile

but no seriously. good for the knicks. they might have gotten worse this season. They're basically a 4 person team(Amare, Melo, Billups, Fields) unless Shawne Williams, Turiaf or Buike step up. But look past this season. They're gonna get CP3 or Dwill no doubt it looks like. and CP3/Will+Melo+Amare can win without a good cast just like the Heat win now without anybody good thats not named James or Wade.. or Ilgauskas.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 4:58 pm

cbi wrote:
good for the knicks.

yeah yeah they gave up their 2nd, 3rd, 4th scorers, a shit ton of money, three picks, curry and randolph but they got renaldo balkman. mother fucking renaldo balkman.

i like balkman Smile

but no seriously. good for the knicks. they might have gotten worse this season. They're basically a 4 person team(Amare, Melo, Billups, Fields) unless Shawne Williams, Turiaf or Buike step up. But look past this season. They're gonna get CP3 or Dwill no doubt it looks like. and CP3/Will+Melo+Amare can win without a good cast just like the Heat win now without anybody good thats not named James or Wade.. or Ilgauskas.

I gotta buy me a Naldo Balk Man jersey. Will he be #32 like he was in NY in the forgetabble Brown era where he was an exciting guy to rejuvenate the team of the bench or will he have another jersey #? I want the original wonder if they have them on Ebay...
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 5:01 pm

King wrote:

They are a first round exit. They can never beat the Bulls in a series at full health. LMAO.

Knicks weren't at full health either... Gallo was playing with a slint on his wrist. Chandler was playing through a hip strain. Felton had some nagging injuries. Turiaf missed 1 of the games... Yeah they played but they weren't at full strength. Bulls are a great team, but don't diminish what the Knicks done in the games we played them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Melo to knicks. done deal.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Basketball Talk :: General NBA Talk :: General NBA-
Jump to: