Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

What would you do with Brandon Roy if you were Portland?

Go down 
+9
Chosen One
Raza
John14
Darko
brownie13
Nick C
BNB
Fox News
No Longer DEAD
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

If I were Portland, I would trade Brandon Roy for a package headlined by...
Monta Ellis
What would you do with Brandon Roy if you were Portland? - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%What would you do with Brandon Roy if you were Portland? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
Andre Iguodala
What would you do with Brandon Roy if you were Portland? - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%What would you do with Brandon Roy if you were Portland? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
Stephen Jackson/Gerald Wallace
What would you do with Brandon Roy if you were Portland? - Page 2 Vote_lcap42%What would you do with Brandon Roy if you were Portland? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 42% [ 5 ]
Other (specify in comments)
What would you do with Brandon Roy if you were Portland? - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%What would you do with Brandon Roy if you were Portland? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 16% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

What would you do with Brandon Roy if you were Portland? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: What would you do with Brandon Roy if you were Portland?   What would you do with Brandon Roy if you were Portland? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 10:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

Brandon Dawayne (most gangsta middle name of all-time btw) Roy. For the past couple of years, he's been considered to be one of the top young players in the NBA. And there's no disputing that - for his whole career, he's pretty much been a consistent 20-5-5 guy. Not only that, but he's emerged as a top defender and one of the NBA's best clutch shooters. There really isn't much to dislike about Brandon Roy.

Until recently. I'm sure all of you have heard his recent comments about playing with Andre Miller, stating
Quote :
“This is not going to work, so you should trade one of us. Whether it’s him or whether it’s me, somebody needs to be traded because this is not going to work.”
. For me, this is nothing new because my team was in this situation with the Monta Ellis/Stephen Curry backcourt issue awhile ago. But Portland fans really deserve the best - the Blazers are the only major sports team in Oregon and the Blazers easily have one of the best young cores in the NBA, probably behind only the Thunder's core of Durant, Green, and Westbrook. But that's not the point. The point is, Brandon Roy wants out of Portland and the longer Portland waits, the less offers they will receive (his stock is falling - and fast). So what should they do?

Trade Idea number 1:

Portland Receives:
SG Monta Ellis
SG Charlie Bell
PF/C Louis Amundson

Golden State Receives:
SG Brandon Roy
C Joel Pryzbilla

Why Portland does this: Monta Ellis is one of the rare players in the NBA who has almost just as much potential as Brandon Roy. But we all know potential can go a loooong way. Aside from that, the Blazers are in desperate need of someone who can score, and while Monta's numbers are inflated by Golden State's up-tempo system, there's no denying that the man can put the ball in the bucket. Charlie Bell is a no-name who sucks more dick than Lindsey Lohan, but his expiring contract gives the Blazers cap flexibility that they can use to re-sign their key players when they become free agents. Lastly, Louis Amundson is one of the highest energy players off the bench in the NBA, and with an often depleted roster, the Blazers could really use some much needed energy off the bench.

Why Golden State does this: A Brandon Roy/Stephen Curry backcourt would be just as productive on offense as the Monta/Curry backcourt that we have now, but with Brandon Roy's size and defense he also fills up the holes that the current backcourt has created. If everything, and I mean everything, goes right, this backcourt could carry a team to the playoffs and maybe even further. The Warriors are also in desperate need of someone who can make a goddamn MOTHERFUCKING CLUTCH SHOT, and Roy is one of the best at it. Pryzbilla has an ugly contract, but he provides depth to a much-needed position for the Warriors: the Center. Also, I wouldn't have to put up with Biedrins' free throws as much anymore.

Verdict: This trade will never ever go down, but if it did, I think it's a fair trade for both sides.

Trade Idea number 2:

Portland Receives:

SF Andre Iguodala
C Spencer Hawes
PG Jrue Holiday
2012 1st Round Pick

Philadelphia Receives:
SG Brandon Roy
C Greg Oden

Why Portland does this: Portland has a glaring need for a SF with size. Wes Mathews, to me, is more of a SG and Nick Batum isn't NBA starter material. Iguodala also improves their defense and elevates them to the next level. With a lineup of Miller, Mathews, Iguodala, Aldridge, and Pryzbilla (ugh), the Blazers would instantly become one of the best defensive teams in the NBA. Spencer Hawes is a B level prospect who could become a 15/8 guy in the NBA some day, and centers that can shoot like him are rare to find. He would provide a spark off the bench. Lastly, Jrue Holiday is a guy who could eventually become a 20 PPG/9 APG player in the NBA and could let old man Andre Miller rest a bit.

Why Philadelphia does this: Philly is in need of scoring and a competent NBA center. After losing Dalembert via trade Spencer Hawes has logged most of the minutes at C...and, well, you can imagine how that's worked out. Doug Collins is a guy who could work with Oden and help him become the best player he can be, and Roy would provide scoring and leadership skills that are missing in Philadelphia right now.

Verdict: I don't see this specific trade happening, but I could realistically see a scenario where a variation of this trade happens, seeing that both Iguodala and now Roy are on the trading block.

Trade Idea number 3:

Portland Receives:

SG/SF Stephen Jackson
PF Eduardo Najera
PG Sherron Collins
2011 1st Round Pick

Charlotte Receives:
SG Brandon Roy
PG Elliott Williams
PF Dante Cunningham
PG Anthony Johnson

Why Portland does this: Once again, Portland needs size at the small forward position. Stephen Jackson is one of the best defenders at his position in the league, and he provides veteran leadership and championship experience to a team that is missing both. Najera is garbage but he could log some semi-productive minutes behind LaMarcus Aldridge. Sherron Collins is a player who I loved in college and never understood why he hasn't gotten more of an opportunity. With the right amount of mentoring and guidance, I think he could become a pretty productive player. Throw in a 1st round draft pick this year and the Blazers have a nice balance of veteran leadership and young players.

Why Charlotte does this: Jordan wants to completely reshape the roster, and this is the best offer he would receive for Stephen Jackson. Charlotte is also in desperate need of ticket sales, and while Brandon Roy is no LeBron James, he definitely could fill more seats than Jackson could. The Bobcats need scoring badly, and with a backcourt of Roy/Augustin they could have an exciting backcourt for years to come. Williams, Cunningham, and Johnson are nothing but role players, but at this point, Charlotte could use anybody to fix the problems they have over there.

Verdict: This trade favors the Bobcats a little bit, but if the Blazers feel that this is the best offer they could get at this moment, then they might pull the trigger. If not, I could realistically see the Blazers trying to pluck Gerald Wallace from the Bobcats instead of S-Jax.

So there you have it. 3 different trade ideas, 1 young superstar. What would you do if you were Portland?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: What would you do with Brandon Roy if you were Portland?   What would you do with Brandon Roy if you were Portland? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 8:03 pm

King wrote:
Brandon Roy should be happy he signed the 82mil before he got re-injured

The Blazers shot themselves in the f
oot

+1

He's out indefinitely, knees are a constant concern now and he's had a history of injuries...Nick's Hardaway comparison is right on.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: What would you do with Brandon Roy if you were Portland?   What would you do with Brandon Roy if you were Portland? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:32 pm

I don't see Blazers GM trading him...but then again,he's got those bad knees and bad history of injuries that will downgrade his value which could be a good reason to trade him.But i think he will still be in there.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: What would you do with Brandon Roy if you were Portland?   What would you do with Brandon Roy if you were Portland? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:55 pm

sell him for whatever they can get
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: What would you do with Brandon Roy if you were Portland?   What would you do with Brandon Roy if you were Portland? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:58 pm

I'm not sure,why i'm defending Roy in here,but this is probably from being an admirer of his game... :\

Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: What would you do with Brandon Roy if you were Portland?   What would you do with Brandon Roy if you were Portland? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 12:14 am

there shopping him extremely hard right now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would you do with Brandon Roy if you were Portland?   What would you do with Brandon Roy if you were Portland? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What would you do with Brandon Roy if you were Portland?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Basketball Talk :: General NBA Talk :: General NBA-
Jump to: